Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 01-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
reapercurious
Human being with feelings

Default Let the track names in Routing Matrix do stuff.

Feature request: Let the track names in the Routing Matrix do stuff.

Problem:
mouse fatigue involved with going between routing matrix and arrange view and mixer for really simple things like mutes, solos, reordering tracks, and accessing fx. especially while using the Routing Matrix frequently.

Here are just 3 reasons that turning the track names in the Routing Matrix into buttons would save me from a lot of mouse fatigue:

1)
left Clicking on track name in Routing Matrix could bring focus to that track in the Arrange window.

2)
add a Right Click menu on track names in Routing Matrix to show FX chain, solo, mute, automation, etc.

3)
move tracks from right inside the Routing Matrix by dragging and dropping. It is actually a pain to reorder tracks in the arrange or mixer view if your project has many tracks.

In closing:
There are too many good things to do with the track titles in the Routing Matrix than to not use them as buttons (give them functions.) edit, give or take any of the above examples.

Last edited by reapercurious; 01-22-2018 at 10:00 AM.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 AM   #2
Tom Swirly
Human being with feelings

Default This is a great idea.

The mouse is well-known to be hard on your hands. Anything I can do to reduce my mousing around would be seriously welcome. (In my programming work, I almost never use the mouse at all.)

Reaper apparently has some fairly serious UI programming ability. Is this out of the reach of something that could be added oneself - somehow (I'm still new to all this)?

Or - is this something that could be added as part of the SWS extensions? I'm a pretty handy C++ programmer, might not be terribly hard to whip this up, though it might _be_ terribly hard once I found out the details... :-o
Tom Swirly is offline   Reply With Quote