Old 08-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #881
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

am i the only one having issues with the pan width? it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. what exactly should it sound like?
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #882
rhythmtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
am i the only one having issues with the pan width? it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. what exactly should it sound like?
it narrows the sound field. if you're using it on mono track it doesnt work.
rhythmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #883
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
it narrows the sound field. if you're using it on mono track it doesnt work.
well there's your problem.

oh ya, i should've known that. I will post a new thread with a new question about this so as no tto hijack.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #884
lxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmoritz View Post
omfg. soo nice. cant wait! wide strip default!!!!!
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #885
Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap View Post
Those faders look amazing. Great job... but what happened with the metering scale? was it removed or is it just a provisional working version?

What about the metering scales for the VU meters, Nick? Are you going to remove them in the next update?

I see many folks around here using the mixer docked with those tiny faders showing about nothing relevant or reliable in the VUs and fader levels other than showing the beautiful VU lights swinging to see some activity going, or just to have the track buttons on hand. I cannot work this way. I need to read and check them constantly to have a real picture of what's going on and what I'm doing, so having a full size undocked mixer in a separate monitor is a must for me. VUmeters and their metering scales are essential tools for anyone (whether knowing how to use them or not). Please, don't remove them. At least leave a few small (even faded and hard to see) 6dB marks without any numbers if you feel that digits mess the beautiful and clean design too much for you. We need a fixed actual reference. Estimating where the signal levels would be is a real drawback.

Please, treat your already incredible theme a bit beyond aesthetics. The look and comfortability to the eye is all important, we know. We spend many hours in front of our DAWs and Rado makes our lives incredibly easier when using Reaper (and I thank you a whole bunch for releasing it). But the main thing here, aesthetics aside, is working with sound. That's what Reaper is all about. IMHO, technical compromises should not be taken in favor of aesthetics.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #886
nickmoritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap View Post
What about the metering scales for the VU meters, Nick? Are you going to remove them in the next update?

I see many folks around here using the mixer docked with those tiny faders showing about nothing relevant or reliable in the VUs and fader levels other than showing the beautiful VU lights swinging to see some activity going, or just to have the track buttons on hand. I cannot work this way. I need to read and check them constantly to have a real picture of what's going on and what I'm doing, so having a full size undocked mixer in a separate monitor is a must for me. VUmeters and their metering scales are essential tools for anyone (whether knowing how to use them or not). Please, don't remove them. At least leave a few small (even faded and hard to see) 6dB marks without any numbers if you feel that digits mess the beautiful and clean design too much for you. We need a fixed actual reference. Estimating where the signal levels would be is a real drawback.

Please, treat your already incredible theme a bit beyond aesthetics. The look and comfortability to the eye is all important, we know. We spend many hours in front of our DAWs and Rado makes our lives incredibly easier when using Reaper (and I thank you a whole bunch for releasing it). But the main thing here, aesthetics aside, is working with sound. That's what Reaper is all about. IMHO, technical compromises should not be taken in favor of aesthetics.
Snap, did you know about this option?

[IMG]http://img685.**************/img685/8506/dbscale.png[/IMG]
Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #887
Snap

What Option?

The metering scale can be switched on and off? No idea about that. So it will be available, phew!!!! What a relief! I was seriously frightened about that. Cool. Thanks for the insight.

I spent a long while setting my VUmeters readings and the Fader ranges to meet my needs, but didn't payed attention to that option. I guess I read it the first time and forget about it. It's ticked and it's the way it should be. I cannot imagine why anyone would ever want clueless VUmeters in any serious audio device.

Last edited by Snap; 08-15-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #888
nickmoritz

If you like the RADO4 theme please check out this page:

RADO4 Theme Extended... Who need it?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #889
smasha

Where do I find the menu in the 6th part of your install guide,under Evil Dragon's toolbar?

Can't find it.

Driving me crazy.

P.S. found it.
Looking in the wrong spot.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #890
smasha

When I input midi notes via the drum triangle mode and change the notes to normal by right clicking the toolbar icon "custom pianoroll normal mode",they still stay triangles.

I'll come back to it later.

Magnifying glass + and - don't work either in the midi toolbar.

I couldn't find that custom key map in the addons folder ,only a main and midi one.

Last edited by smasha; 08-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #891
soundprizm

I've been trying for a while now... does anyone know how to change the media item background color (selected) in Rado? I'm still stuck in Reaper 3.X regarding theme editing.
soundprizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #892
himalaya

Is there an option which will allow me to set a random new colour to each new track globally so that I don't need to colour each new track manually? At the moment I tried the 'set selected tracks/items to random colour', so I select ALL tracks and apply this option. Great. But each new track I add to the project does not use this options and it comes out using the default grey colour.
himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #893
nickmoritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaya View Post
Is there an option which will allow me to set a random new colour to each new track globally so that I don't need to colour each new track manually? At the moment I tried the 'set selected tracks/items to random colour', so I select ALL tracks and apply this option. Great. But each new track I add to the project does not use this options and it comes out using the default grey colour.
This is impossible, at least for now, BUT... You could assign any free key on your keyboard to this action [set selected tracks/items to random colour].
So you will get this one: Add a new track -> Press the assigned key.

OR!!! Ask some one (who know scripts and scripting) to create for you a special script for this operation.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #894
bigwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundprizm View Post
I've been trying for a while now... does anyone know how to change the media item background color (selected) in Rado? I'm still stuck in Reaper 3.X regarding theme editing.
RADO overwrites the theme editor with specific colors for the background. What you need to do is to go into the RADO v4 unpacked folder (on my XP system it is under C/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Name/Reaper/Color Themes) and either delete or edit out these two files item_bg.png and item_bg_sel.png.
What I do rather than delete is simply remove the .png extension. That way they become unusable for the theme but if you ever want them back you can just add the extension back on. Now you can use the theme editor in Preferences to set the color to what ever you like.

BTW, I really like this theme but like you there are just some things that I prefer to edit.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #895
BenK-msx

Quote:
hey - sws extension feature sws/s&m auto color/icon can help you there -
if you havn't got it there a link to it in my sig.

- in the extensions file menu find 'auto color/icon'

hit 'add' r-click the (name) bit, select (any) - then r-click the colour section and select (random).

now any new tracks will be randomly coloured, or colored - depending on which dictionary you read

-
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #896
himalaya

nick,
thanks for the tip.

BenK-msx,
That's excellent. I just tried it and it works. I did have to tick the 'auto colouring option' though. Another observation, the colours changed from the pastel Rado 4 theme to much more saturated ones. I wish it didn't do that. Any ideas? Many thanks. :-)
Old 08-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #897
BenK-msx

no probs.
uh.. there is a menu option 'show color management window' (in the auto color dialog - r click)
and then an option 'load from theme' - maybe that will help, I can't check here as i've only got an old rado installed on this pc.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #898
soundprizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoody View Post
RADO overwrites the theme editor with specific colors for the background. What you need to do is to go into the RADO v4 unpacked folder (on my XP system it is under C/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Name/Reaper/Color Themes) and either delete or edit out these two files item_bg.png and item_bg_sel.png.
What I do rather than delete is simply remove the .png extension. That way they become unusable for the theme but if you ever want them back you can just add the extension back on. Now you can use the theme editor in Preferences to set the color to what ever you like.

BTW, I really like this theme but like you there are just some things that I prefer to edit.
Thanks, Bigwoody! Worked like a charm; I just feel it's easier to edit with a brighter background. It's my ONLY nitpick with RADO.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #899
himalaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
no probs.
uh.. there is a menu option 'show color management window' (in the auto color dialog - r click)
and then an option 'load from theme' - maybe that will help, I can't check here as i've only got an old rado installed on this pc.
Hmm. When I do that I get a message:

No SWS custom color found in C:...ApplicationData/Raeper/ColorThemes/Unempty Reloaded.ReaperTheme

Nick, is it suppose to be there? Have I screwed up my Rado installation perhaps?

EDIT: By the way, I found that option by R click on the track under Custom Track Colours>SWS TrackColour>Show Color Managemnet, in case other new Reaper users can't find it. It took me a few minutes of looking, as I couldn't find the R click Auto Color dialog.

Last edited by himalaya; 08-21-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #900
nickmoritz

Quote:
Hmm. When I do that I get a message:

No SWS custom color found in C:...ApplicationData/Raeper/ColorThemes/Unempty Reloaded.ReaperTheme

Nick, is it suppose to be there? Have I screwed up my Rado installation perhaps?

EDIT: By the way, I found that option by R click on the track under Custom Track Colours>SWS TrackColour>Show Color Managemnet, in case other new Reaper users can't find it. It took me a few minutes of looking, as I couldn't find the R click Auto Color dialog.
I don't understand what are you doing!

But if you want to open "SWS color managment" (be sure that you installed it correctly) just open Action list (key "?") and find the action "open auto color window", run it. Then add there your keywords for tracks. For example here is mine:

[IMG]http://img192.**************/img192/1330/autocolorwindow.png[/IMG]

Oh, be sure that option "Enable auto coloring" is enabled there!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #901
himalaya

I just did that and all tracks have reverted back to their original grey colour. Hmmm...

Quote:
I don't understand what are you doing!
See my other posts just above. Simply, after setting an action (shown by Ben above) so that each new track receives a random colour, this action has deleted your Rado pastel colours I liked, making each track's colour much more saturated. So I just wanted to bring back your Rado colours but keeping the random auto colouring.

Hehe, just writing all that makes me dizzy.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #902
nickmoritz

Quote:
I just did that and all tracks have reverted back to their original grey colour. Hmmm...
Hmm... something strange happens with your system.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #903
truthsurge

Default trouble installing

Hello. I am using the evaluation reaper 4.x and trying to install the theme and I got successfully to where you need to install some py script and there is a NEW/LOAD button in the show actions window but MINE is grayed out and I cannot click it.

I know reaper is supposed to be fully functional in the evaluation mode so why is mine grayed out? I rebooted after python script language install (2.7.something).

I was just trying to see what this theme did. I don't use reaper every day. Just occasionally so maybe I did something wrong.

thanks!
Tim
truthsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #904
jnastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsurge View Post
Hello. I am using the evaluation reaper 4.x and trying to install the theme and I got successfully to where you need to install some py script and there is a NEW/LOAD button in the show actions window but MINE is grayed out and I cannot click it.

I know reaper is supposed to be fully functional in the evaluation mode so why is mine grayed out? I rebooted after python script language install (2.7.something).

I was just trying to see what this theme did. I don't use reaper every day. Just occasionally so maybe I did something wrong.

thanks!
Tim
You need to install Python 3.2.

Here the link : http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.2/
jnastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #905
Deltones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmoritz View Post
because the RADOV4 projected for big display sizes. For example I have 1920x1080px size on my monitor...
Nick, with default track layout in Mixer view, what's the max number of tracks you can display at the 1920x1080 resolution on only 1 row of tracks? With Master track on the right side, I can display 22 tracks. Without the Master Track, I can go to 23. The only way I can display 24 tracks in one row is if I choose a slim VU type of layout, which I don't want because I loose the meter scale. Or I can do it if I stretch the Mixer window until the Master Track is displayed on the second monitor, which is not exactly practical if you don't have a second monitor.

Is there any way to adjust the theme so that a regular-sized 24 tracks project can be displayed on a single row at the 1920 resolution?

Edit: Ok, I managed to make it work with a certain layout. It's not perfect, but almost.

However, I'd like to verify if this is a bug or not:

In Track View, I set a track layout to "Compact". In Mixer View, if I select "Folder" from the "Visibility" toolbar for a track, the track in Track view will have changed its layout appearance. Is this normal behaviour?

Last edited by Deltones; 08-21-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Deltones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #906
Low_Pressure

Guys, i really don't get it, how can i stick all the floating panels in one line? When i position the second panel on top it just take away the previous one. With Toolbar Docker it looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 214 views)
Low_Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #907
soundprizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Pressure View Post
Guys, i really don't get it, how can i stick all the floating panels in one line? When i position the second panel on top it just take away the previous one. With Toolbar Docker it looks like this:
Hold down Ctrl while you drag the toolbar you want to it's position. You'll see a blue little highlight bar show up to signify where it will be placed. In order to get them on the same line, drag it to the right so you have the little blue highlight to the right of the bar you want it to go with. Hopefully that helped!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #908
Low_Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundprizm View Post
Hold down Ctrl while you drag the toolbar you want to it's position. You'll see a blue little highlight bar show up to signify where it will be placed. In order to get them on the same line, drag it to the right so you have the little blue highlight to the right of the bar you want it to go with. Hopefully that helped!
Tnx a lot!!! It actually helped! I was really struggling to see what i'm missing when it was so obvious
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #909
soundprizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Pressure View Post
Tnx a lot!!! It actually helped! I was really struggling to see what i'm missing when it was so obvious
Glad it helped! I had the same problem when I first tried to get that thing right...
Old 08-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #910
nickmoritz

[IMG]http://img24.**************/img24/707/newtcp.png[/IMG]
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #911
rhythmtech

lookin lovely. now hurry the fudge up
rhythmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #912
lxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
lookin lovely. now hurry the fudge up
Its almost Sept
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #913
caseyjames

Hi,

I am using a very early version of RADO because of a very small custom layout I created. It was just hacked together as I don't know WALTER but there is not another layout like it in any other theme. It is very small and allows for very high track counts to be visible in the tcp.

Would you consider including it or something like it in the official build so that it would be possible to keep up to date with your latest and greatest?

I am including a screen grab and the config file. I wouldn't mind if were able to go even smaller than I currently have it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallRADO.JPG (39.0 KB, 894 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt radoSmall.txt (30.9 KB, 91 views)
caseyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #914
lxm

I want to have multiple toolbars emended at the top. How do I do this? Right now this is what I have.

[IMG]http://img687.**************/img687/1637/toolbarkt.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with **************

This is what I want to happen(but embedded):

[IMG]http://img405.**************/img405/521/toll2.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with **************
Old 08-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #915
mabian

lxm, try ctrl-dragging toolbars...

EDIT: not sure if it works, but worth trying...

- Mario
Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #916
airon

Yep, that's how you do it.

Dock the toolbar in the top-docker if it's not docked yet, then CTRL+drag its tab.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #917
Low_Pressure

That's exactly what i was asking earlier Yeah, lxm, position all toolbars on the toolbar docker (as you did with one of them), then you should see a little tabs in the lower left part of docker - ctrl+drag them till you see vertical blue line appear on the docker, as mabian said
Old 08-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #918
lxm

Brilliant lads. Thanks. I love me some REAPER
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #919
lxm

Nick, any way to make the markers a little easier to read. I find it hard to see the #'s.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #920
henge

Is there any way to change the colour of the track numbers? I'd like them to be white as opposed to what they are now.
So I'd like track 1 to have a nice right 1 on it!;-)