Old 02-13-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
videosonix
Human being with feelings

Default Switching between VSTs

I would like to be able to use a custom actions to toggle between VSTs.
The purpose is to build a VST FX Pedal board out of a Makey Makey. This will work if I can get make the VST's to toggle on/off by pressing a key on the computer keyboard.

I would have my electric guitar running on an amp sim VST, and on the same track, there would be VST for the FX, chorus reverb, distortion etc. I want to press a specific key on the keyboard and it toggles the chorus VST on/off.

Do you guys know if this can be done?
videosonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
mschnell

There are multiple possibilities to do patch/sound changes in a live situation.

Please read the sticky thread in the "Live" subforum and search appropriate threads and ask questions over there.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #3
videosonix

Thanks Michael. I figured this out over the weekend, after watching one of Kenny's videos. The answer was to put the FX on separate tracks rather than the one track as I had originally intended. I had one track for the amp sim and sent the output of this to separate tracks for Chorus, Reverb, Distortion etc. Then I found a custom action that would toggle the FX on/off for specific tracks. After allocating these to the appropriate letter on the keyboard, the Makey Makey was able to toggle the FX on or off.

It worked like a charm. Just like a real pedal board. I've ordered some cheap footswitches off ebay and it should be pretty easy to assemble these with the Makey Makey onto a board.
videosonix is offline   Reply With Quote