Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-31-2022, 04:14 PM   #1
HenryNurdin
Human being with feelings

Default ADSR Drum Machine (Trial Version) not loading in Reaper

Hi,

Just downloaded the trial version of the ADSR Drum Machine, and is will not load into Reaper - when I started Reaper after installing, I could see Reaper trying to scan it on start up, however, when I tried to load it on a track, it was not listed.

I checked, and Reaper is showing it in the list of "Plug-ins that failed to scan" in the Preferences menu.

I let it install in the default location "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3", all the other plug-ins in this folder are showing up in Reaper.

I am using Reaper 6.66, 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 21H1, 16.0GB DDR3 RAM, CPU is an Intel Core i3 4170 @ 3.70GHz. I have tried this on two different PCs (The other one is again 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM, and a Xeon E5 1620 @ 3.60GHz), and both are doing the same thing. As I do not have another DAW, I tried Hermann Seib's VSTHost (And although it scanned and loaded every other plug-in in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" folder, it could not see the Drum Machine one.

The stand-alone executable version of the Drum Machine works perfectly well on both PCs (And sounds very nice!).

Just in case the downloaded installer had become corrupted, I uninstalled, then re-downloaded the installer and re-installed - same problem.

Has anyone downloaded this plug-in, and managed to get it working on Reaper?

Cheers - Henry
HenryNurdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #2
tony10000

I just downloaded the trial. Same situation. Reaper does not find it. Loads fine in other DAWs. I am wondering if this is an issue with their authentication/registration setup. Reaching out to ADSR for a solution/clarification.

I looked at the VST ini file in Reaper.

Looks like the entry for the drum machine is truncated:

This is the entry for Sample Manager:

ADSR_Sample_Manager.vst3=00BFC4CD049ED701,12710025 19{56535441786867616473722073616D70,ADSR Sample Manager (ADSR)!!!VSTi

This is the entry for Drum Machine:

ADSRDrumMachine.vst3=00E4662354B3D801

Shows up in the crashed plugin list in Unify:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\ADSRDrumMachine.vst3

I am thinking that it has something to do with your authorization/registration mechanism.

Incidentally, it does not show up in Unify and DDMF Metasynth either.

Last edited by tony10000; 09-16-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: updated
tony10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
Lloyd-Phillips

I found that by renaming the plugin VST3 with a space at the end of the name, ("ADSRDrumMachine .vst3"), Reaper finds it.

A similar way works for several plugins that Reaper fails to scan.
I have special folders added for only Reaper to scan in which I copy these problem plugins and try renaming. That avoids messing with other DAW's settings.

Similarly I have folders for other DAWs in which to copy plugins that are problematic in one way or another, and folders in which I "hold" plugins (usually Vst2 types) that might be used if the Vst3 version is a problem.

I keep them in folders named like "64Vst2-Hold", "64Vst3-Hold".
I will move any buggy Vst3 version to a folder "64Vst3-Hold\Problems" so that i can look in there later to know what ones gave problems (and that I am using a Vst2 version and why, because i like to use only Vst3 when I can.).
Lloyd-Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:29 AM   #4
Knob Twiddler

Hello there,

I tried your trick and renamed with a space just like in your example but it still shows up in the failed plugin list. Any other ideas? I use version 1.1.4.
Knob Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:37 AM   #5
Lloyd-Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob Twiddler View Post
Hello there,

I tried your trick and renamed with a space just like in your example but it still shows up in the failed plugin list. Any other ideas? I use version 1.1.4.
I was just going over my plugins and found it was missing.
I have now tried rescanning everything , renaming in many ways, downloading a new trial and it is not being found.

Now I wonder how it worked before, considering it won't work now.
OK - I find that renaming the DLL like:"ADSRDrumMachine- .vst3" works.
(That is a dash and then a space).

I wanted to leave the plugin name original so I have an extra folder added for Reaper to scan ("Vst3 for Reaper"). I just dropped a symlink in there and renamed the symlink, but it didn't work!

What DID work was to rename the symlink to "ADSRDrumMachine - .Vst3" (Adding a:space, dash, space at the end).

So it seems renaming can work, but how you rename may vary (and might be only temporary? Not sure....)
Weird!

Last edited by Lloyd-Phillips; 02-11-2023 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Success in renaming...
Lloyd-Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:07 PM   #6
Knob Twiddler

I changed to the names you suggested. None of them work here, the VST stays blacklisted in reaper 6.7. My version is 1.1.4
Knob Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote