Old 01-16-2022, 03:41 PM   #161
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukan_Studios View Post
- learn to implement MIDI-functionality to JS-Plugins
This will take you 20 seconds

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-16-2022 at 11:23 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:52 PM   #162
Tukan_Studios

[QUOTE=mschnell;2516965]
Quote:
- learn to implement MIDI-functionality to JS-Plugins/QUOTE]
This will take you 20 seconds

-Michael
I hope so

Midi in a nice plugin can lead to things like this: (I made it, but not in Reaper and not as a plugin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlNqXQjo4uo
Tukan_Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:27 AM   #163
JonLinnarson

I wrote this in a comment on your second D#-treasure video, but I thought I might share it here as well in case you haven't seen it.

"It sounds great and I think you have nailed the sound you get when inserting a Distressor on a "drum smash" bus and set both the attack and release to 0! I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of the ratios though.

2:1 is closer to 1.6:1
3:1 is closer to 1.8:1
4:1 is also around 1.9:1
6:1 is almost perfectly 2:1
10:1 looks pretty much perfect
20:1 is also close to 2:1
Limit is also close to 2:1 in ratio.

I am aware that the ratios on a real Distressor does vary a bit from the actual numbers (i.e 2:1 isn't always exactly 2:1) but the varying ratios here do seem like a bug. I understand that there might be some problems here and there when you push out new plug-ins at the pace you do! No problems, just wanted to let you know You are doing a great job and we all appreciate it very much!"

I ran it through DDMF PluginDoctor to test the ratios because I noticed that there was something a bit off about most of the ratios. The "opto" 10:1 setting seems to be the only one that's pretty much spot on. I don't know if you use PluginDoctor, but the demo version works fine for testing one plug-in instance at a time and you only need to install ReaJS (from the ReaPlugs bundle) to run JS plug-ins through it
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:50 AM   #164
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLinnarson View Post
I wrote this in a comment on your second D#-treasure video, but I thought I might share it here as well in case you haven't seen it.

"It sounds great and I think you have nailed the sound you get when inserting a Distressor on a "drum smash" bus and set both the attack and release to 0! I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of the ratios though.

2:1 is closer to 1.6:1
3:1 is closer to 1.8:1
4:1 is also around 1.9:1
6:1 is almost perfectly 2:1
10:1 looks pretty much perfect
20:1 is also close to 2:1
Limit is also close to 2:1 in ratio.

I am aware that the ratios on a real Distressor does vary a bit from the actual numbers (i.e 2:1 isn't always exactly 2:1) but the varying ratios here do seem like a bug. I understand that there might be some problems here and there when you push out new plug-ins at the pace you do! No problems, just wanted to let you know You are doing a great job and we all appreciate it very much!"

I ran it through DDMF PluginDoctor to test the ratios because I noticed that there was something a bit off about most of the ratios. The "opto" 10:1 setting seems to be the only one that's pretty much spot on. I don't know if you use PluginDoctor, but the demo version works fine for testing one plug-in instance at a time and you only need to install ReaJS (from the ReaPlugs bundle) to run JS plug-ins through it
I'm working at it... update will come..
Old 01-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #165
Tomwhite1970

Hello. I must say thank you for the work you are putting into these.
My question is, why does Lexecon2 use so much CPU,more than 5 times that of Lexecon?
Tomwhite1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:27 PM   #166
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomwhite1970 View Post
Hello. I must say thank you for the work you are putting into these.
My question is, why does Lexecon2 use so much CPU,more than 5 times that of Lexecon?
First of all: The name is Lexikan with "kan" from TuKAN

The Lexikan 2 has a much more detailed reverb engine. It makes more delay clusters and these are more complex than in Lexikan. That needs some CPU.

But that's not too much of CPU...depending on the CPU itself.
Laptops with power-saving c2d or i3 processors (wich I don't recommend for music production) will have problems (20% CPU),
but a i5 needs only 4% and a xeon only 2%.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:57 PM   #167
Zeno

The cpu consumption is pretty OK for a jsfx reverb.
Compared to my tc reverbs, Tukan's are on the same level in terms of cpu consumption.

Lexikan = 0.2%
VSS3 = 0.2%

Lexikan 2 = 1.0%
VSS4 = 1.1%
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:59 PM   #168
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
The cpu consumption is pretty OK for a jsfx reverb.
Compared to my tc reverbs, Tukan's are on the same level in terms of cpu consumption.

Lexikan = 0.2%
VSS3 = 0.2%

Lexikan 2 = 1.0%
VSS4 = 1.1%
Thank you!!
Good to know!

I recognized, some people (no offend) want good plugins at nearly zero CPU load.
Also a modern screen resolution is often a problem...
Old 01-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #169
Zeno

Hi Tukan, first of all thank you for your great work! What you deliver here is terrific. I think your plugins are really an enrichment to the community.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to test everything new at the moment, but here are some findings:
  1. When Limiter 2 is embedded in the TCP or MCP, the meter is truncated on the floating plugin GUI.

2. The desks in SumThing are not matched. I have measured the channel instance with a 1kHz sine.
  • In Desk 1 the harmonics appear abruptly at about -13dB FS input, the 2nd harmonic is at about -93dB. Below -13dB input the output is free of harmonics (strange behavior...).
  • In Desk 2, the levels of the harmonics increase along with the input, but the 3rd harmonic is at -93dB when the input signal is -21dB FS.
  • In Desk 3, the level of the 2nd harmonic is -93dB when the input signal is -27dB FS.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it in general, but that said, my questions are: Is this the intended behavior? And what purpose does the meter serve in this context?

Normally the meters of such plugins measure average levels and the level of the harmonics is tuned to be balanced at ~0dB VU. Now I already know your way of thinking about digital VU, on the other hand the implemented meter has no use in this context.
Long story short: It would be great if we could get some information from the meter about what the plugin does. According to the motto, ah, the needle is at -5, good, I'm in the ball park. It would be interesting, for example, if the meter would show the average harmonic distortion. That is, the average level of the harmonics above a reference level of -120dB FS. Certainly not easy to implement, I admit, but that would give the meter a purpose.

BTW, the needle on the SumThing meter is off. For a -10dB signal, it shows me ~-4dB. I think it is the xy placement.

EDIT: The funny thing is that Desk 3 gave me the most balanced result with a full spectrum signal at -18LUFS-M / ~0dB VU, with the amount knob set to default. It would be exactly what I would have set anyway. So kudos for that!

Sorry for the novel^^

Last edited by Zeno; 01-18-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:36 PM   #170
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Hi Tukan, first of all thank you for your great work! What you deliver here is terrific. I think your plugins are really an enrichment to the community.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to test everything new at the moment, but here are some findings:
  1. When Limiter 2 is embedded in the TCP or MCP, the meter is truncated on the floating plugin GUI.

2. The desks in SumThing are not matched. I have measured the channel instance with a 1kHz sine.
  • In Desk 1 the harmonics appear abruptly at about -13dB FS input, the 2nd harmonic is at about -93dB. Below -13dB input the output is free of harmonics (strange behavior...).
  • In Desk 2, the levels of the harmonics increase along with the input, but the 3rd harmonic is at -93dB when the input signal is -21dB FS.
  • In Desk 3, the level of the 2nd harmonic is -93dB when the input signal is -27dB FS.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it in general, but that said, my questions are: Is this the intended behavior? And what purpose does the meter serve in this context?

Normally the meters of such plugins measure average levels and the level of the harmonics is tuned to be balanced at ~0dB VU. Now I already know your way of thinking about digital VU, on the other hand the implemented meter has no use in this context.
Long story short: It would be great if we could get some information from the meter about what the plugin does. According to the motto, ah, the needle is at -5, good, I'm in the ball park. It would be interesting, for example, if the meter would show the average harmonic distortion. That is, the average level of the harmonics above a reference level of -120dB FS. Certainly not easy to implement, I admit, but that would give the meter a purpose.

BTW, the needle on the SumThing meter is off. For a -10dB signal, it shows me ~-4dB. I think it is the xy placement.

EDIT: The funny thing is that Desk 3 gave me the most balanced result with a full spectrum signal at -18LUFS-M / ~0dB VU, with the amount knob set to default. It would be exactly what I would have set anyway. So kudos for that!

Sorry for the novel^^
Thanks for the novel! =)

The harmonics: Are derived from real mixers. The %THD is very very subtile on good desks. I have one in Studio A that makes 0.003%, that's -well- nothing. So everything is fine. This -13 dB thing in desk1 is a thing I will look at.
What do you mean by "not matched"? btw. the desks have different frequency response aside from the shelvings. Maybe you measured that.

The meters: I calibrated them some way... have to look in the code to tell more... (but I'm on d#, you know)

The Limiter: Thats a bug. I'll fix it.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:47 AM   #171
Zeno

Quote:
The harmonics: Are derived from real mixers. The %THD is very very subtile on good desks. I have one in Studio A that makes 0.003%, that's -well- nothing. So everything is fine. This -13 dB thing in desk1 is a thing I will look at.
What do you mean by "not matched"? btw. the desks have different frequency response aside from the shelvings. Maybe you measured that.
OK, I will try to clarify my statement. By 'not matched', I mean that the desks have a very different amount of distortion when switching. I know this is the case when sending a signal at the same level to multiple analog consoles - or preamps with a switch for different circuits - whose specs are very different, and many plugin developers take this approach, but personally I don't see the point of this if you are ITB, because there are no physical or cost reasons why it wouldn't be possible to match the amount of distortion. Matching would allow the user to focus more on harmonic structure and frequency response when comparing the desk programs, rather than being distracted by the varying amount of saturation. After all, the saturation level is what the Amount knob is for, right?

That being said, I don't see any point in the meter (even if it would work properly) at the moment either, because it doesn't allow us to draw any conclusions about the amount of saturation added, especially since I don't think anyone mixes individual channels close to 0dB and a VU meter scale hardly provides any meaningful information about the level below -6dB.

So in summary: IMO it would make more sense to match the saturation level of the desk programs and calibrate the meter to show 0dB when the level of the overtones is, let's say, -45dB peak below the main signal.

I'm not saying your approach is wrong, by any means. I just wanted to share my view with you. So, play with it if you like, or discard it. I'm sure SumThing will be good in the end.

Cheers!

Last edited by Zeno; 01-20-2022 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:59 AM   #172
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
OK, I will try to clarify my statement. By 'not matched', I mean that the desks have a very different amount of distortion when switching. I know this is the case when sending a signal at the same level to multiple analog consoles - or preamps with a switch for different circuits - whose specs are very different, and many plugin developers take this approach, but personally I don't see the point of this if you are ITB, because there are no physical or cost reasons why it wouldn't be possible to match the amount of distortion. Matching would allow the user to focus more on harmonic structure and frequency response when comparing the desk programs, rather than being distracted by the varying amount of saturation. After all, the saturation level is what the Amount knob is for, right?

That being said, I don't see any point in the meter (even if it would work properly) at the moment either, because it doesn't allow us to draw any conclusions about the amount of saturation added, especially since I don't think anyone mixes individual channels close to 0dB and a VU meter scale hardly provides any meaningful information about the level below -6dB.

So in summary: IMO it would make more sense to match the saturation level of the desk programs and calibrate the meter to show 0dB when the level of the overtones is, let's say, -45dB peak below the main signal.

I'm not saying your approach is wrong, by any means. I just wanted to share my view with you. So, play with it if you like, or discard it. I'm sure SumThing will be good in the end.

Cheers!
Thank you! Now I understand, what you mean. Good points.
You know I appreciate this kind of feedback and make my thought about it.
We'll see, how the SumThing changes But: For most people it would make sense, not to match the distortion (whatever matching means there), but to match the loudness. So people won't choose one over another mode because it seems louder. Switching during the mixing process isn't a good idea anyway, because the levels of the output of SumThing's channel plugins differ depending on the 'amount'. So dynamic processors placed after the SumThing would process differently...
Old 01-21-2022, 07:28 PM   #173
Tukan_Studios

https://youtu.be/2Ffn8DkxJCw
The new version of the D#-Treasure is now online!
Old 01-23-2022, 01:12 AM   #174
dupont

the plugins are good but sub+enhancer.
I can't find a setting to use it : there is a kind of phasing/LFO effect on the sub with makes the bass frenquencies to modulate every few seconds.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:16 AM   #175
mawi

-----

Last edited by mawi; 01-23-2022 at 04:50 AM.
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:12 AM   #176
mawi

I just tested the EQT-1A and the BANDWIDTH control doesn't seem right to me. At SHARP the curve should be steeper with maximum gain. When I go to BROAD the curve should be flatter and flatter with less gain. But currently the gain always stays the same. The scaling of the BOOST control in the low frequencies seems to be wrong. The same is true for both ATTEN controls.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:24 AM   #177
mawi

With Exp/Gate 2 a lookahead control from 0 up to 50ms would be useful to get back cut off transients at very high thresholds.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:35 AM   #178
mawi

With the Compressor 2, an additional soft knee control would be very useful.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:29 AM   #179
daxliniere

Hey John, really fantastic work!

I wanted to let you know a few issues I found:

1) Lexikan - Preset buttons at the top don't seem to do anything.

2) Compressor 2 - If the plugin is set to 2 channels (plugin pins), when set to external sidechain input, the GR maxes out.

3) Clicking the toucan in your plugins should open a small modal with information about the plugin (version, hints for all the hidden controls

4) I would love to be able to change the sensitivity of the knobs. For example, in Delay Machine 2, the controls jump from 50, 100, 200ms too quickly and it is hard to make precise adjustments without holding SHIFT.

5) Most importantly: You don't have your patreon details in your REAPER forum signature!

Also, I love the width indicator on the "Stereo" control in Lexikan 2, nice work! (But perhaps that control is better renamed to "Width"?)

By the way, the reason plugins with # don't display is because that's how you can hide a plugin that would want available (eg. for old projects), but not to be visible in the FX browser.

All the best,
Dax.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #180
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey John, really fantastic work!

I wanted to let you know a few issues I found:

1) Lexikan - Preset buttons at the top don't seem to do anything.

2) Compressor 2 - If the plugin is set to 2 channels (plugin pins), when set to external sidechain input, the GR maxes out.

3) Clicking the toucan in your plugins should open a small modal with information about the plugin (version, hints for all the hidden controls

4) I would love to be able to change the sensitivity of the knobs. For example, in Delay Machine 2, the controls jump from 50, 100, 200ms too quickly and it is hard to make precise adjustments without holding SHIFT.

5) Most importantly: You don't have your patreon details in your REAPER forum signature!

Also, I love the width indicator on the "Stereo" control in Lexikan 2, nice work! (But perhaps that control is better renamed to "Width"?)

By the way, the reason plugins with # don't display is because that's how you can hide a plugin that would want available (eg. for old projects), but not to be visible in the FX browser.

All the best,
Dax.
Hi Dax,

thank you for post.
To your points:
1. Press the Algorithm you want a preset from, choose one of five presets, press 'Recall'
2. I'll have a look at this
3. Maybe, in future
4. The knob sensivity was discussed here already, all were fine with this solution. Shift is for fine tuning.
5. Thanks

The 'stereo' knob on the lexi2 makes the reverb tail from mono to stereo. So I chose the word 'stereo'. 'width' could be another word for that, but it is just words...

Aloha!
Old 01-23-2022, 06:52 AM   #181
daxliniere

Quote:
Oops! I meant to finish this line. Should be (version, hints for all the hidden controls and links to your studio and your Patreon.)

Quote:
Hi Dax,

thank you for post.
To your points:
1. Press the Algorithm you want a preset from, choose one of five presets, press 'Recall'
Ahh, it wasn't obvious. I was expecting to just click on the preset button and it automatically recalled the preset I selected.
Can I ask why it does not work that way? I've not seen any other plugin that operates like that. Not even Lexikan 2 works that way.
I mean, I get the lineage, but you don't seem to be shy about improving on the original designs.

Perhaps you could add an 'LED' to the Recall button and make it flash to tell the user to press it?

Cheers!
Dax.

Last edited by daxliniere; 01-23-2022 at 07:32 AM.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #182
Tukan_Studios

Lexi2 doesn't call presets from the GUII at all. Take the presets list instead.
The buttons on the upper side call the algorithms and resets them to the starting point.

The idea with the Recall-LED is nice. Maybe I add that one.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:59 PM   #183
mawi

Just tested the VU MCP Meter. The speed of the needle seems to be too fast. Also, the values are quite different from other VU Meters. It seems to be more of a peak meter than a VU meter. Also, the background graphic looks very blurry and the needle looks very thin. The offset value is truncated. For me it is not usable like this. I have other more beautiful VU meters.

Last edited by mawi; 01-23-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:20 PM   #184
mawi

The embedded UI from Dis-Treasure does not seem to display the full GR meter. The same for LA-1A.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #185
Joe Cyborg

Default offline

Is there any actual installation process or it is a copying of files ? I mean if i use Reapers internal install service through copy the xml file into it and let it download and install can i just copy the installed files to the same directory of an other Reaper on my offline computer?
Joe Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:35 PM   #186
mykrobinson

Just a quick reminder that these plugins are being developed for free with the exception of those who choose to support John through Patreon. There is no warranty, implied or expressed, and there should be no expectation other than the joy of being along for the ride.

Keep in mind that English is not John's native language and some things may not translate well. Also keep in mind that making these plugins is a passion and a hobby, not a day job.

If this statement doesn't pertain to you, keep on doing what you do. If it does, please just be kind 😁 There is a huge difference between posting helpful bug reports and spamming or demanding something.

Carry on, reaperites
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:15 PM   #187
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cyborg View Post
Is there any actual installation process or it is a copying of files ? I mean if i use Reapers internal install service through copy the xml file into it and let it download and install can i just copy the installed files to the same directory of an other Reaper on my offline computer?
I have manuals how to install in my YouTube-Channel:
Best you try it using ReaPack:
https://youtu.be/u-oLZcYHvac

For another installation precess where you manually copy downloaded files:
https://youtu.be/EBqaV_jTmws

Hope you have fun with the plugins!
Old 01-23-2022, 06:22 PM   #188
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
I was expecting to just click on the preset button and it automatically recalled the preset I selected.
Can I ask why it does not work that way? I've not seen any other plugin that operates like that.
The presets show their algo and name first on the display. I thought it would be nice to have that 'recall' button to exactly not recalling while you go through the presets looking for a nice one.
(I can imagine making a -maybe- shift+click or alt+click for a "quick call" function
Old 01-23-2022, 09:07 PM   #189
mawi

I just tested the LA-1A and the attack and release behavior doesn't seem right to me. I examined it in PluginDoctor and my suspicion is confirmed. Attack and release curves are different from the original. The same with NC76. Examine it yourself with PluginDoctor and you will see what I mean.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:00 PM   #190
mschnell

Hi Tukan,

You are incredibly ingenious and diligent

So if you are getting bored:
A friend of mine is a guitarist, Reaper user and hardware engineer. He is busy to create an effect pedal box using a RasPi and Reaper.

For Audio effects he supposedly will be limited to JSFXes and stuff like GuitarRig which he uses on PC) is not available for Linux/ARM.

There are some really nice stock effect JSFXes that come with Reaper (in the effects/guitar folder), but maybe you have some additional ideas...
-Michael
Old 01-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #191
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Hi Tukan,

You are incredibly ingenious and diligent

So if you are getting bored:
A friend of mine is a guitarist, Reaper user and hardware engineer. He is busy to create an effect pedal box using a RasPi and Reaper.

For Audio effects he supposedly will be limited to JSFXes and stuff like GuitarRig which he uses on PC) is not available for Linux/ARM.

There are some really nice stock effect JSFXes that come with Reaper (in the effects/guitar folder), but maybe you have some additional ideas...
-Michael
Hi Michael,

wie gehts denn so?
Currently I have a lot to do. People wish many details to be done in the existing plugins. If it goes on like this there will be no more JSFX from me, because I spend all my time in these details.
And making FX for guitar is a real challenge. I have to expect to be compared to Kemper - that's hard.
People expect me to keep up with Waves and UAD, that's hard enough for now.

If/how Reaper works in realtime on RasPi is interesting - let me know!

Ahoi! Tukan
Old 01-24-2022, 07:42 PM   #192
PMan

Hi Tukan.

I think your plugins are GREAT!

Nothing is perfect, and that's OK. They are still GREAT.

Some people will ask for changes. It's OK to say no.

Some people will complain that it's not perfect. Please, do not listen to people who complain. It is not your job to make them happy.

I have seen great coders in these forums get tired of people who complain. The coders stop coding, and stop posting.

I enjoy your plugins! If other people don't enjoy them, they don't have to use them.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful plugins!!!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:17 PM   #193
mawi

If no criticism or improvement requests are desired, I will stop. I can spend my time in other ways. I also don't want to take away anyone's fun in building plug-ins here. Always take my comments with a pinch of salt and sugar.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:38 PM   #194
mschnell

Quote:
If/how Reaper works in realtime on RasPi is interesting - let me
My friend told me that this realtime application with Reaper works perfectly on a RasPi 4 with incredibly low latency. He uses an extremely cheap Audio interface right now.

VERY PROMISING STUFF !!!

-Michael
Old 01-25-2022, 01:53 AM   #195
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawi View Post
If no criticism or improvement requests are desired, I will stop. I can spend my time in other ways. I also don't want to take away anyone's fun in building plug-ins here. Always take my comments with a pinch of salt and sugar.
Hi,
it's ok, most of the things you wrote are right. Just the way was a bit ...lets say... direct.
(words like "...is wrong" or "...I have better plugins for that" are a bit annoying, you know)

Generally I take all the reports seriously and about the wishes from you all, I try to implement nice things for that.

It is just a fact, that my list of details (mostly recalibration of parameters) is long now and it takes some time to improve all the plugins. That just takes time and stops me making new plugins before having that list done.

Aloha! Tukan
Old 01-25-2022, 02:23 AM   #196
lachinhan

Quote:
Hi,
it's ok, most of the things you wrote are right. Just the way was a bit ...lets say... direct.
(words like "...is wrong" or "...I have better plugins for that" are a bit annoying, you know)

Generally I take all the reports seriously and about the wishes from you all, I try to implement nice things for that.

It is just a fact, that my list of details (mostly recalibration of parameters) is long now and it takes some time to improve all the plugins. That just takes time and stops me making new plugins before having that list done.

Aloha! Tukan
That's great Tukan, perfecting existing Plugins is better than creating new Plugins
Thanks Tukan
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #197
fsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
My friend told me that this realtime application with Reaper works perfectly on a RasPi 4 with incredibly low latency. He uses an extremely cheap Audio interface right now.

VERY PROMISING STUFF !!!

-Michael
Guitarix can be gotten for the raspberrypi
sudu apt-get install guitarix
Also go to the kxstudio plugins page lots of lv2 for armhf 32 bit rpios including some extra guitaix plugins. JSFX work great also, running mine with a cheap behringer ucm204hd at 48khz 64 samples ALSA setting in reaper.

Forgot to say .lv2 plugins run very well in reaper on the rpi.
And Tukan thanks for the plugins very kind of you.

Last edited by fsynth; 01-27-2022 at 01:22 PM.
fsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:37 PM   #198
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsynth View Post
Guitarix can be gotten for the raspberrypi
sudu apt-get install guitarix
Also go to the kxstudio plugins page lots of lv2 for armhf 32 bit rpios including some extra guitaix plugins. JSFX work great also, running mine with a cheap behringer ucm204hd at 48khz 64 samples ALSA setting in reaper.

Forgot to say .lv2 plugins run very well in reaper on the rpi.
And Tukan thanks for the plugins very kind of you.
Very interesting! Which Raspi and which OS do you use?
Old 01-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #199
fsynth

Quote:
Very interesting! Which Raspi and which OS do you use?
Rpi4 4gigs ram, just running the standard raspberrypi OS it's 32bit although I think there is a experimental 64bit OS. Don't find a need for 64bit most of my projects are only around 300mb. Kind of wish I had the 8gb pi though with sws project management I setup tabs that I can scroll through with my feet fcb1010. Multiple projects loaded can eat the 4gb pretty quick.
fsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:44 PM   #200
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsynth View Post
Rpi4 4gigs ram, just running the standard raspberrypi OS it's 32bit although I think there is a experimental 64bit OS. Don't find a need for 64bit most of my projects are only around 300mb. Kind of wish I had the 8gb pi though with sws project management I setup tabs that I can scroll through with my feet fcb1010. Multiple projects loaded can eat the 4gb pretty quick.
CYou could test Lexikan (2) with that... it would be a nice and affordable way to build a hardware reverb. (I'm thinking of these tiny displays for Raspi and 19"...)