Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Default v5.50pre7 - May 4 2017

# Automation items: fix undo after moving automation items with media items [p=1840145]
# Automation items: improve stability of overlapping automation item positioning
# Envelopes: fix initial envelope control panel knob edits and "move envelope points a little bit" actions
# Envelopes: improve behavior of "write current value..." actions and automation items
Old 05-04-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
musicbynumbers

# Automation items: fix undo after moving automation items with media items [p=1840145]

Was about to report that but guess I got beat to it!

Thanks for adding this option guys. Working well so far and such a massive bonus to have!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
musicbynumbers

Default AI bug when gluing then undoing

Was testing out the copying when for some reason I decided to glue together an Automation item to see if it would work. Upon undoing though all the AIs went into tiny repeated loops within themselves and undoing no longer worked.

See before and after undo images below

Pre Undo (but after glue)
https://stash.reaper.fm/30652/AI_bug_PreUndo.JPG

Post Undo
https://stash.reaper.fm/30653/AI_bug_PostUndo.JPG

EDIT: just saw this "# Automation items: improve stability of overlapping automation item positioning", maybe this fixes it as I'm still on pre 6 sorry. I didn't update before I tested!

EDIT 2 Tested on pre7 and couldn't repeat the issue so maybe it's fixed

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 05-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
# Automation items: improve stability of overlapping automation item positioning
Definitely way better when moving.

Still problematic when drawing.

Example 2:

Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
# Envelopes: improve behavior of "write current value..." actions and automation items
Hmmm. I'd like to express some sort of "expected behaviour", but I'm not 100% sure how this should work.

But the way it works now seems a bit weird. Note how it behaves when your time selection overlaps the left edge, compared to the right edge:

It would seem to me like adding an envelope point on the edge of the AI, inside the time selection, is necessary.

Not 100% sure, this seems complex.

As mentioned before, actions like "Write current values for active Automation Item", "Write current values for active Automation Item inside time selection", "Write current values from Automation Item start to cursor", "Write current values from Automation Item end to cursor", etc... would make these behaviours more explicit.

Edit: Maybe this has to be done with specific "Automation items connect..." settings.

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 05-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #6
musicbynumbers

Other small bug with AIs.

I think AIs should be able to extend the length of the project so that not only items define the project end but also any AIs that are longer than the last item in the project.

Currently they don't.

Side note: This also is an issue for subprojects whereby the "=END" marker isn't where the project thinks is the end (which it should be) but currently it's seen as the end of the media item only which means faking it with a long empty midi item to get things like reverb tails to end naturally.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
musicbynumbers

2 more AI things

1. Undo changes in an AI item that has a 2nd AI item above or below it can cause the AI item you've just undone to change lanes which can be a bit confusing when it moves.

2. There doesn't seem to be an option to reset/delete all points within an AI item yet. Using the remove we have now deletes all AI items and automation for that track so an option for just resetting inside of that single AI would be great.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
Robert Randolph

"Insert 4 envelope points at time selection" affects both the AI and underlying envelope.

Basically same bug as "Write current active..." bugs, just a different action.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #9
Robert Randolph

With ripple editing on, and "Move envelope points with media items" on... you can make automation items disappear!

All you do is move something from right to left.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
dupont

Hi,

I faced 2 crashes to desktop with reveal sound spire plugin when assigning an AI enveloppe to the pitch bend.
Also notices noises while moving some parameters like envelopes.

I tried within an other DAW and no issues.

I don't know if this Reaper issue is related to this pre-release or also happens in the stable release.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote