Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 12-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #121
tweed
Human being with feelings

@LiskY

just getting going here again... will edit this to detail what i did to quickly get a fresh working portable install.

AFTER I got the "Error opening REaperConfigZip" when i tried loading the newly downloaded version. (thanks hugely lexaproductions -)

I was planning to start fresh with my "played around with" version from a few weeks back so all is good!

Took just a few minutes and works great!
WILL edit this now AFTER posting this info.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WINDOWS 11 HERE - works terrifically... SO much cleaner than windows 10 - effortless free upgrade.

OK, so creating a fresh REALIVE PORTABLE version: (really over-thinking it here as i write this)

1) fresh download of REALIVE, via link from first page here, page 1, and, the download link is found right under the REALIVE logic banner.
It says: "Click this to get the whole thing"

2) I extract the REALIVE zip to my desktop. inside is the Realive.xxx.xxx.reaperConfigZip AND a reaper.ini file in a folder (in a folder-)

3) I use the latest REAPER DEV version (don't know if it's proper to post the link here)-- Anyways, during an install of REAPER there's a portable installation checkbox which i select of course. I've earlier created a folder on my desktop called REAPER - i install into that folder, being sure to check the portable install box of course.

4) after install i run it once where/when a lot of folders and files will get created from running it.

5)(FIRST TIME DOING THIS this WAY) ~> I go to my old installation (C:\REAPER_old-portable\UserPlugins) and get those two files:

reaper_js_ReaScriptAPI64.dll
reaper_sws-x64.dll

Not sure what gets missed by not installing at least SWS (grooves i guess) YET: seems to work, and maybe I'll learn something new, that it's fine and faster - heh-heh

6)For the first time since learning REALIVE i go into the REAPER folder and rename reaper.ini to reaper_ORIG.ini AND THEN i go to the REALIVE "For Portable Install"
folder and find the reaper.ini and put IT IN the REAPER folder.

7) Now i start up REAPER (this new portable version) and go to Options/Preferences and at the top there's "General" ~> selecting that i see there's IMPORT CONFIGURATION. i click that and navigate to the Realive.xxx.xxx.reaperConfigZip... and the magic happens... I WAIT a couple of minutes UNTIL the import button is ready to click on (lots happens as the config import thinks it through - you'll see movement of the scroll-bar)

I click "IMPORT" - EVERYTHING Finishes - I'm told a restart is needed via a dialog box.

OK rushing a bit here (just got back)... so hope that's clear.... was good for me to think it through and write it all in super basic fashion... I will remember better for having done it.

best to all
no reply needed - which also means, write any time of course!

Last edited by tweed; 12-05-2021 at 09:04 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:20 PM   #122
lexaproductions

Someone could confirm but I did try to make the install of sws and js automatic with the Realive import. Let me know if it works.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:54 PM   #123
tweed

@lexaproductions !!!

OH YES, it's been a couple of weeks or so...

UPDATE COMMENT: YES, it IS automatic... NO NEED to manually copy/install etc.

~~>> " install of sws and js automatic with the Realive import "

I forgot about that in my hurry... all really great. Thanks for useful remind!
Old 12-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #124
DaveInIndy

Default Output routing unselected project tab

I'm posting this here because I suspect Lexaproductions figured out how to do this in ReaLive.
I don't need much of the feature set in ReaLive, but I love the idea of using one project tab as the mixing bus. I'd have each song open in it's own project tab, managing all the inputs, bussing FX etc by song, then sending each final bus output to the Mixer project tab (using loopback). In the Mixer tab at each gig or rehearsal, I would control balance (4 vocals, some guitars), turn Click track output on or off, master reverb on/off. I would otherwise not interact with the Mixing tab. I WILL have each song tab active to turn FX on off, which means the Mixer tab is unselected. And of course audio output for unselected projects can't be heard. Dang.
Is there a way to accomplish that? IE all song tabs only have sends to a background tab, where all the outputs need to be heard. Seems like ReaLive must pull this off...?
DaveInIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #125
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInIndy View Post
I'm posting this here because I suspect Lexaproductions figured out how to do this in ReaLive.

I don't need much of the feature set in ReaLive, but I love the idea of using one project tab as the mixing bus. I'd have each song open in it's own project tab, managing all the inputs, bussing FX etc by song, then sending each final bus output to the Mixer project tab (using loopback). In the Mixer tab I would control balance (4 vocals, some guitars), turn Click track output on or off, master reverb on/off. I have to have each song tab active to turn FX on off, which means the Mixer tab is unselected. And of course audio output in unselected projects doesn't get sent. Is there a way to accomplish that? IE all song tabs only have sends to a background tab, where all the outputs need to be heard. Seems like ReaLive must pull this off...?
Realive is not a mixing tool. It is tailored as a playback tool. But if I understand your needs well, you can easily accomplish it in a stock reaper install.

See this post:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...13&postcount=5
Old 12-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #126
DaveInIndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Realive is not a mixing tool. It is tailored as a playback tool. But if I understand your needs well, you can easily accomplish it in a stock reaper install.

See this post:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...13&postcount=5
Thx. That is how I'm sending audio to the second project, yes. Of course after I asked, I finally found this post that does what I want.
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=143150

However I don't know what CPU demand this may add with 20 projects open. The loopback is glitchy sounding but I need to check some settings.

I am using Reaper live, but I don't play any prerecorded track content (maybe a sample or two). All instruments are live. I use Reaper as a pedal board for guitars effects and vocal effects, all live. I have done this using LiveConfigs (all songs in one tab) and then Snapshots (switching tabs per song). I prefer the latter but want to address some issues... like managing overall output levels, turning off vocal reverb for gigs but keeping it for rehearsals (no outboard reverb). ReaLive gave me some ideas on how to try this.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #127
lexaproductions

Quote:
Thx. That is how I'm sending audio to the second project, yes. Of course after I asked, I finally found this post that does what I want.
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=143150

However I don't know what CPU demand this may add with 20 projects open. The loopback is glitchy sounding but I need to check some settings.
The way I do it is:
Enable Run Background Projects
Disable Run Stopped Background Projects

Then you, keep your main routing project running at all times and play enable the project you need only.
This will allow you to have up to 128 opened songs without killing too much your CPU, as you'll never have more than 2-3 songs enabled at all time.

Quote:
ReaLive gave me some ideas on how to try this.
Great!
Old 12-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #128
DaveInIndy

Default Audio tanks with multiple projects

Quote:
The way I do it is:
Enable Run Background Projects
Disable Run Stopped Background Projects

Then you, keep your main routing project running at all times and play enable the project you need only.
This will allow you to have up to 128 opened songs without killing too much your CPU, as you'll never have more than 2-3 songs enabled at all time.

Great!
Been testing the audio quality and performance of my approach (audio out from each project to one mixing project in background). Fail. Audio is horrid with more than a handful of projects open at once when Run Stopped Background Projects is checked (same if also checking Play Stopped Background Projects). Audio out when playing even a single wav file from a track from any project gives crunch sound with time, tempo losses. Doing this with a loopback between tabs is slightly worse. Watching the Performance Meter, clicking Run Stopped... on raises CPU demand from ~7% to 35-45%, and audio tanks at about 38-40%.

As far as I can tell I need to have Run Stopped Background Projects enabled in order to use one project tab as a mixer. Not the end of the world, just wanted to try something new. I am curious if others see this same CPU demand jump.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:00 PM   #129
lexaproductions

No. You uncheck run stopped projects
Then you make sure you’re mixing project is always playing. (Either with a loop or freewheel)
I can ensure you, I run 128 projects on a 2012 MacBook Pro with REALIVE.
You just make sure you have the right buffer settings set.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #130
DaveInIndy

[QUOTE=l...Then you make sure you’re mixing project is always playing. (Either with a loop or freewheel)
[/QUOTE]

Thx again, I really appreciate the hands on experience. If I uncheck Run Stopped, audio only plays if the mixing tab is selected. Is this what you observe in "normal" Reaper? While playing, I need each song aka project to be selected because I use midi to change guitar and vocal effects mid-song. This is not the construct of Realive, I know: I was hoping to meld the two, but I think this point is the stopper.

Background, maybe it gives you an idea for possible fit with Realive- I use Reaper with two 80s cover bands. It's my guitar effects and switcher (electric and acoustic) and provides mic effects for 4 mics, sometimes also play my keys or an FX unit. On a few I play pad sounds from the pedal board (SampleOMatic wav files). I send all 6-8 source channels out as lines to the mixing console. In rehearsals I add reverb to vocals, turning that off Live to let the sound guy control that. My favorite setup for Live has each song in separate tabs, using SWS Project Mgmt to call them all up in order as set lists, 18 or so per set. Midi pedal switches between projects, and SWS Snapshots switches mute + Sends on FX tracks mid-song. I've used LiveConfigs too but love the simplicity and visibility of Snapshots. I don't Play (Reaper transport) anything on any song except in my practice time (each project has tempo, a bit of click track, the original artist version and sometimes a drum machine track for rehearsing, muted otherwise). A quick glance confirms I'm on the right song via an image in the top track. I would need to redo so much to use Realive... but I need to explore it as I love the front control tab concept for one-stop level changes and FX control. I avoided the one-project approach because of people's issues with tempo when swapping order of Regions, plus needing to change how I control FX. I see advantages to it as well, but this is where I am.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:58 AM   #131
lexaproductions

Quote:
Thx again, I really appreciate the hands on experience. If I uncheck Run Stopped, audio only plays if the mixing tab is selected.
If you have the right background preferences set, then you leave the Routing tab playing at all times and then whichever tab is frontmost will have it's audio playing.

Quote:
Is this what you observe in "normal" Reaper? While playing, I need each song aka project to be selected because I use midi to change guitar and vocal effects mid-song. This is not the construct of Realive, I know: I was hoping to meld the two, but I think this point is the stopper.

Background, maybe it gives you an idea for possible fit with Realive- I use Reaper with two 80s cover bands. It's my guitar effects and switcher (electric and acoustic) and provides mic effects for 4 mics, sometimes also play my keys or an FX unit. On a few I play pad sounds from the pedal board (SampleOMatic wav files). I send all 6-8 source channels out as lines to the mixing console. In rehearsals I add reverb to vocals, turning that off Live to let the sound guy control that. My favorite setup for Live has each song in separate tabs, using SWS Project Mgmt to call them all up in order as set lists, 18 or so per set. Midi pedal switches between projects, and SWS Snapshots switches mute + Sends on FX tracks mid-song. I've used LiveConfigs too but love the simplicity and visibility of Snapshots. I don't Play (Reaper transport) anything on any song except in my practice time (each project has tempo, a bit of click track, the original artist version and sometimes a drum machine track for rehearsing, muted otherwise). A quick glance confirms I'm on the right song via an image in the top track. I would need to redo so much to use Realive... but I need to explore it as I love the front control tab concept for one-stop level changes and FX control. I avoided the one-project approach because of people's issues with tempo when swapping order of Regions, plus needing to change how I control FX. I see advantages to it as well, but this is where I am.
But that's exactly how REALIVE works. The way I do it, is I automatically play the Routing tab whenever any other tab is playing. There is also an option to always leave the Routing tab playing at all times, to facilitate live playing. But that will be CPU "hungrier" as the Routing tab will always be playing at all times, enabling everything that's in it. But I believe this is the option you're looking for. But still you should be able to have a decent amount of opened tabs without killing your CPU.

Maybe I don't understand well your needs, but if I do, you could ALMOST use REALIVE without any change to your workflow.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:03 AM   #132
LiskY

Hi,
I'm sorry for the lack of response. Downloading realive by another browser helped but I have a new problem...
I arm the track in the project and save it. After reopening the track is not armed ...
LiskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #133
lexaproductions

You can disable the behavior there:
Menu->Options->Disarm All Tracks On Live View

Disable this and let me know if it still does it.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:12 AM   #134
LiskY

Thank you, it works
That's not a problem now, but questions.

1. I did not read on the forum - managed to solve the problem with the shrinking window after moving to the next song? (windows 10). Saving a project on fullscreen doesn't do anything.

2. Despite the armed track, the VST instruments do not play until the playback starts - is it possible to start the listening session without playing the song?
LiskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:25 AM   #135
lexaproductions

1-You must save the window sets to your screen size.
For each window set (#1 to #5) you must:
  1. Load it
  2. Stretch it to your screen
  3. Save it
Menu->Options->Show Realive Help File: The "Window sets section" at the top of the list, explains which one you must preset manually

2- Menu->Options->Realive Preferences->Activate audio routing tab only while playing
You need to disable this for the Audio Routing to always be active. I believe it does take a bit more CPU.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:10 PM   #136
Hambone68

Default Quick-start guide?

This seems to be a much better version of a similar project I've been working on for a while, but there really needs to be a getting started guide at the very least. It all installs just fine with no errors on a Windows 10 20H2 fully updated machine, but once it's installed, I have no clue on how to get going with it. How do I set up a show?

Also, a few small bug reports from what I've seen so far:
1. The transport toolbar does not display properly in many circumstances. For example, I run with my taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen. With this configuration, it's impossible to access some of the transport buttons because the toolbar assumes a home location of 0,0 regardless of whether that's actually the case. On my system, the home location is closer to 0,100 because of the task bar. Similar issues happen when the REAPER window isn't fullscreen. Buttons are also often obscured behind the status info depending on the size of the window.

2. The Big Clock doesn't seem to be able to be moved or edited. In a default unchanged install, it winds up near the middle of the screen, but if window positions get reset, it parks itself at 0,0 on the screen and makes life VERY difficult. The only way to recover is to edit the reaper-windowpos.ini file. How do I do move and/or resize the clock? Also, how do I prevent it from re-opening every time I change window sets?

Sorry if it seems like a lot of complaint - this really does look to be exactly what I've been trying to do with REAPER, I just need help figuring it out!
Hambone68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #137
tweed

LOVING the LATEST version ! jan.10.2022

AND, just now i noticed that a MANUAL has been added. [!!!!!!!!!!!!]

wOw and wOnderful.

back home in a few days and keen to continue with REALIVE discoveries again... been away for a month!

best wishes to all.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:38 PM   #138
lexaproductions

Oh yeah. And there's a release from today that includes quite a few bug fixes and a CSI setup that I've been working on.

These last two week, I've understood how to include blinking to gfx windows, and it helps a lot to get visual feedback of tempo and such.

Enjoy and thanks to the overwhelming amount of people who donated. It REALLY means the world to me and support me in all the countless hours I've spent on this.

Thanks everybody!!!
Old 02-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #139
tweed

Great mentions!

Looking forward to being in a position to get some energy back via donations link on page1 here...

(energy=money)--> for all the most truly incredible, amazingness, you've provided me/us-all.-)

Coincidentally I've been working on a project for 2 seasons and payday isn't too far off...

REALIVE, and understanding REALIVE is Ground-breaking. Yep!
Old 02-05-2022, 09:02 PM   #140
tweed

Finally Back with my gear!
windows 11

QUESTION at bottom here: (i recall mention of changing themes - though i Do like the REALIVE_V16 theme!)

I'm starting working with the fabulous new Feb.04.2022 version of REALIVE - and have finally understood the super-cool way to do a portable install (thanks for portable notes!)

1) from RealiveConfigs.zip drag "REAPER" folder from within 'For Portable Install" to desktop (or anywhere - as everything will be in there)

2) there's a blank reaper.ini file in there which i leave alone.

3) I put latest version of REAPER installer in there. I use the DEV versions from landoleet.org. Fine if not put in there before installing REAPER though must install TO that folder.

4) After installing to that REAPER folder and launching I simply drag the Realive-20220204.ReaperConfigZip ONTO the running REAPER, and your scripts do the necessary installing of the extras needed including SWS etc. AFTER the understandably long wait before the IMPORT config button becomes possible to click... greyed out for a minute of two.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

MY QUESTION: i notice that your custom menus make changing themes easy... under OPTIONS...

I like the REALIVE_V16 and am also having a play with my much loved 'blankfiles' brilliant iLogic3.90 which now comes with two versions.

So I put the two new themes in the ColorThemes folder in the portable REAPER install folder...
ULTIMATE.ReaperThemeZip
and
I Logic V3 Big WC.ReaperThemeZip

they both work and are fun to try - though yeah, I love the REALIVE_V16 a lot.. which i thought you noted has some blankfiles theme magic in it as well.

OK, so....

**** except for the obvious - like, needing to re-save screensets to accommodate mixer sizing...

ARE there any limitation to using another theme specifically? Like missing or non-working aspects...

Of course I do NOT "import" the full configs that come with the two iLogic 3.90 themes!

Sorry i didn't put this at the top.... figured someone might find my new understanding useful on portable version.

THANK YOU --- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** UPDATE COMMENT: in point 4) above, the reason it was taking a long time for the IMPORT button to NOT be greyed-out is 'cause i was experimenting on super slow little laptop. (atom processor)

Fast to show import button not greyed-out now on home PC !!! ***

Last edited by tweed; 02-07-2022 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:06 PM   #141
lexaproductions

No functionality is theme dependent. You can use whichever theme you see fit. You might want to play with the colours a bit in the theme tweaker to make everything uniform. But that's it.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:03 AM   #142
itamar92

Default Changing Colors

Hi,
how can I change/update the file "sws-autocoloricon" to be with my current changes?

Instead of always changing the color scheming after your updates it will be easier to copy and paste that file from the old configuration

Last edited by itamar92; 02-07-2022 at 01:15 AM.
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:09 AM   #143
itamar92

Default sorting request

I would love to add to the sorting list a "Live " naming.

in my template I have a folder of Live instruments. (Drums,Bass,Keys,GTR.Lead Voc)

that way in case one of the members couldn't come or can't play/sing - I have a backup channel for him

the folder is in the song template and in the audio routing template

So my request is a sorting role that will recognise the word "live" in the track name and will sort it to the right track according to their name - Drums Live, Bass Live...

Thank you !
Old 02-07-2022, 06:57 AM   #144
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
Hi,
how can I change/update the file "sws-autocoloricon" to be with my current changes?

Instead of always changing the color scheming after your updates it will be easier to copy and paste that file from the old configuration
Well, you can backup that file before doing an update and change it back after the update?
Old 02-07-2022, 07:28 AM   #145
itamar92

Quote:
Well, you can backup that file before doing an update and change it back after the update?
the "sws-autocoloricon.ini" ?

how can I create that backup file?

the sws-autocoloricon file is not updating after I'm making any changes.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #146
lexaproductions

I believe it is when you close the app? To backup, you juste copy the file somewhere else and re-paste it in the resources folder after upgrading. Reaper should always copy whatever is changes in the "prev config" folder. So your old file should always be in there.

These last few updates, I'm only working on my scripts so you can just import the scripts when you upgrade and you should be good.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:16 AM   #147
itamar92

Quote:
I believe it is when you close the app? To backup, you juste copy the file somewhere else and re-paste it in the resources folder after upgrading. Reaper should always copy whatever is changes in the "prev config" folder. So your old file should always be in there.

These last few updates, I'm only working on my scripts so you can just import the scripts when you upgrade and you should be good.
how did you create the sws auto colors file? with the ini.

to what scripts do you mean when saying " you can just import the scripts when you upgrade "?

Do mean to the sorting changes I was asking?
Old 02-07-2022, 09:23 AM   #148
lexaproductions

Sorry if I was not clear.
the sws color file is created by sws when you change something in the "Auto Color/Icon/Layout". But I guess you knew that if you changed it...

When you drag a new config file, REAPER shows you a dialog in which you can select you want to import from the config file. You do so with the check marks on the items on the left part of the window. If you leave only the scripts enabled, only the scripts from the new config file will be imported.

For the "Sorting stuff", it is a bit involved as you need a master Category (Live) in the template and then sort Drums/Bass/Keyz/Guitar/Vocal within that folder. My sorting is not setup for 2-level sorting.

For now, I suggest you use the Drums/Bass/KeyzMain/LeadVocals/GuitarElect or Acoustic for you backup busses.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #149
itamar92

Quote:
Sorry if I was not clear.
the sws color file is created by sws when you change something in the "Auto Color/Icon/Layout". But I guess you knew that if you changed it...

yes I knew that. and yet the file remain like your template even when I change it...
I mean when I open the ini file in sublime Text. (and yes also in reaper - I use two portable installs for these kind of test. Every update you make I need to do these tests

about the sorting - its ok , I will do it manually
Old 02-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #150
lexaproductions

Ok, then I'm not sure I understand:

You're saying that you make changes in the Auto-Coloring scheme in your setup? and then when you reimport a config, those auto-coloring scheme are overwritten by mine?
You're talking about the tracks coloring or about the Markers/Region Coloring?
Maybe a screenshot would help me understand?
Old 02-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #151
itamar92

Quote:
Ok, then I'm not sure I understand:

You're saying that you make changes in the Auto-Coloring scheme in your setup? and then when you reimport a config, those auto-coloring scheme are overwritten by mine?
You're talking about the tracks coloring or about the Markers/Region Coloring?
Maybe a screenshot would help me understand?
in the ini file :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tljlsclul9...eaper.png?dl=0

in Reaper:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxz0ndrj71...0file.png?dl=0

but I actually checked again and it work ��
the file just doesn't show the changes...

thanks again
Old 02-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #152
lexaproductions

Ok cool
Old 02-07-2022, 09:56 AM   #153
lexaproductions

And I strongly suggest getting a Behringer XTouch Mini to control REALIVE. The new CSI setup takes it to another level!!!
Old 02-08-2022, 09:49 AM   #154
itamar92

couple of questions:

1. how can I use the OSC template that in the data folder? I loaded the project to my iPad and connected the OSC touch with the bridge, I checked the ports and the ip but nothing is happening.. am I missing anything?

2. ever since the new update the live view keep switching randomly without me doing anything..
when I'm in edit view, sometimes when I even editing something and sometimes when the view just stays in the edit view - its switches by it self fo the live view... Is this on purpose? is there a way to cancel it?

Thanks again
Old 02-08-2022, 10:22 AM   #155
lexaproductions

1- Which OSC stuff are you talking about? I just looked again and there is no OSC folder in the data folder? Are you talking about the CSI stuff? Or setting up TouchOSC?

2- I feel there is a midi key command setup somewhere. I didn't set up anything in that sense.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #156
itamar92

Quote:
1- Which OSC stuff are you talking about? I just looked again and there is no OSC folder in the data folder? Are you talking about the CSI stuff? Or setting up TouchOSC?
The ToucOSC

Quote:
2- I feel there is a midi key command setup somewhere. I didn't set up anything in that sense.
but its not even running.. and it is also sometime stop the play
Old 02-08-2022, 10:29 AM   #157
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
The ToucOSC

but its not even running.. and it is also sometime stop the play
This oughta be coming from a command. There is nothing that I can think of on the coding's side. Maybe if you try to elaborate a pattern when it happens.

Last edited by lexaproductions; 02-08-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:45 AM   #158
hallobillies

Hello!

I've just started looking into using Reaper in an expanded role for live shows. Right now I use it solely for recording an XR18 multitrack output so that I can mix the live show afterwards for posting youtube videos, etc.

We do not currently use any pre-recorded stems in our show, everything is played live. However that may change soon. What I would like to do in the meantime is use realive to organize the setlist, send MIDI cues to our lighting program, and play a click track only for the first 30 seconds or so of the song. We don't want to play with a click the entire song but like the idea of starting out at the 'right' tempo.

My question is whether or not realive is the right tool to accomplish this. I am still somewhat new to DAWs in general. I am a musician first, engineer 2nd 😀
Would we still be able to record the XR18 outputs using Realive? Thanks!
hallobillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 03:50 AM   #159
lexaproductions

Yes you can accomplish this
Just enable the "force edit mode" and disable the auto-disarm-tracks feature in the Realive preferences in the option menu

Keep in mind that Realive is optimized for playback in live situations. Moving away all recording and editing features to focus on the task at hand. But it will work.

Last edited by lexaproductions; 03-26-2022 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:13 AM   #160
itamar92

Default couple of bugs and questions

hey, I've got a couple of minor bugs that annoy me:

- "gradually transition tempo change to next marker" doesn't really work. it doesn't make any change to the tempo

- export does not always get the right stems. when I fill in in the "all stems" 0 and in the "original" 100 it still renders all the stems without the original. when I do it again (without changing anything) it comes out fine. and the opposite around

another thing about the export - how can I change the naming method to be the full name of the song and not only the first letter of every word? in the earlier version of Realive it was like that and then you change it...

- How does the new Reasampler Mode work? could it work like the regular live mode with stems?

- The compressor on the Cues Buss that you have added in the new update, is different from the compressors that were in the earlier versions on the Cue Busses?

by the way, it will be great if you could post a thread every time you upload a new version. the updates are great and very important!

Thanks again for this amazing product