Old 11-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
MikeMcK
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper BCF2000 mapping(s)?

I'm just getting back to Reaper after a long time. Oddly enough, my last post here (over 8 years ago) was on a related topic, so I have a lot to learn/re-learn...

I got tired of using the mouse for everything and remembered I had a BCF2000 sitting around. I got it running using online instructions to use the Mackie Controller Extended mode (much easier this time than it was way back when), but have a couple of questions.

I'm using the BCF strictly to control Reaper (no synth control, etc.) I did do a search and found some info (e.g. klinkes mod, etc.) but still never found a document that maps functions to faders/buttons/knobs. (Yes the video instructions were a huge help though.)

Questions:

1) On the Control surfaces (Preferences) dialog there's a 'BCF2000 (preset 1)' mode. I briefly tried (and failed) to get that working, but assuming I do, where could I find info on which controller gets mapped to which functions?

2) In Mackie Extended mode, the two buttons above each fader are mapped to 'Select track' and 'Mute'. How hard would it be to change the 'Select track' function to 'Solo'?
MikeMcK is offline   Reply With Quote