its my pleasure as always!
although there is some brain stop moments while looking for the knobs
but gives the main save load the strip idea i guess
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #4362
Spurk
Human being with feelings

Hey

I'm trying to figure out how to use the faderbox learn (global) when right clicking.
I looked at your tutorials timbral but I'm afraid you didn't do vids about it (except the XY modulation using faderbox).
Please, can I have some help?
Spurk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM   #4363
timbralzoom

Hi,
here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0oM...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
you can save that "__LBX_CTL" track as a Track Template .. but remember you can use only 1 "__LBX_CTL" track in same project.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM   #4364
Spurk

You're the best! I'm gonna look at it.
cheers
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #4365
amonte

Well I have pretty much spent the whole weekend messing with LBX and really enjoying it. I've got a bunch of strips that I've put together and started loading in projects.

One thing I did notice is that some of the JS plugins I am trying to hook up to LBX have some strange behaviors when turning the knobs. Specifically the Non-Linear Processor and the F670 compressor plugin. Sometimes they don't move at all, other times they move on their own and other times still they only go to their min and max settings. Anyone else see this?
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 AM   #4366
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Well I have pretty much spent the whole weekend messing with LBX and really enjoying it. I've got a bunch of strips that I've put together and started loading in projects.

One thing I did notice is that some of the JS plugins I am trying to hook up to LBX have some strange behaviors when turning the knobs. Specifically the Non-Linear Processor and the F670 compressor plugin. Sometimes they don't move at all, other times they move on their own and other times still they only go to their min and max settings. Anyone else see this?
Would you be able to share a sharestrip file with me? - so I can try it out.

To create a sharestrip - just go to strip edit mode - select the strip from the list on the left - right-click it and choose export sharestrip file. This contains not only the data for the strip but also the graphics/control files.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #4367
Spurk

Hi again,

A question comes to me. Lets say I have a dedicated LBXcontroler track (where I put all the strip I need from different tracks) If I save the strip-not the projet-and want to load it later on a different project it will be load on the track that is selected, right? So if I wanna keep the correct mapping of the tracks I must save the reaper project and save the project in LBX? And what if I don't want to reload all the project but only one plugin keep the track appart from my LBXcontroler one?

A 2nd one in fact ^^,
is it possible to reaffect a new parameter directly on a existing strip (I mean a knobs, fader, on/off button etc)? Like a right clic "realearn"... or something like that.

thx a bunch in advance for your time! (which is precious to me/us) ^^
Old Today, 01:56 AM   #4368
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurk View Post
Hi again,

A question comes to me. Lets say I have a dedicated LBXcontroler track (where I put all the strip I need from different tracks) If I save the strip-not the projet-and want to load it later on a different project it will be load on the track that is selected, right? So if I wanna keep the correct mapping of the tracks I must save the reaper project and save the project in LBX? And what if I don't want to reload all the project but only one plugin keep the track appart from my LBXcontroler one?

A 2nd one in fact ^^,
is it possible to reaffect a new parameter directly on a existing strip (I mean a knobs, fader, on/off button etc)? Like a right clic "realearn"... or something like that.

thx a bunch in advance for your time! (which is precious to me/us) ^^
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. But - a simple strip file will only contain plugins from the current track (any plugins on different tracks will not recall correctly). If you need a multi track strip file - you need to save as a *strip set* - (in main ... menu).

You can then import (load or merge) a strip set into a current project and it will recreate the tracks and layout as needed. At the moment - you would need to ensure that only the tracks you want are in the project when saving the set as it saves all the tracks. Load will remove any current strip data (so only use on a blank project where stripper has not been used yet), merge - will keep existing stripper data. TBH - the load method doesn't need to be there anymore - I would use merge each time.

As for parameters - simply drag any parameter over an existing control in fx edit mode and it will overwrite the mapping. You can even drag an entire plugin (can't remember if leftclick or rightclick drag) over a single control and it will remap all the control mappings for the plugin. Probably best to play with to get a feel to what it does.

If you're talking about LBX faderbox mappings - then currently you would need to remap in any new project - or create a project template with them already in there. Strip files do not keep control mappings - and I can't remember what strip sets do (although it will recreate any __LBX_CTL track saved in the strip set.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 AM   #4369
Spurk

Nope, I wasn't talking about LBX faderbox.
You absolutely got what I was asking. You did answer to all my wondering

cheers and thx again for your work!