COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 01-29-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
captainpotato
Human being with feelings

Default Debris under WINE.

Thought I'd post a message for the record for anybody else searching for how to get Debris running under WINE. I downloaded Debris last night and got it installed on my machine that runs Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna Main Edition. This distro is Ubuntu-based, so this should also apply to Ubuntu 7.10.

WINE 0.9.46 is the installed version; the only tweak that I had to make was to set the Windows version as Vista to convince Debris to load past the title screen.

Anyway, it runs nicely, saves the output without problem and only makes me wish for a native Linux version even more :P

As such, I cannot suggest much in the way of tips, as it worked so smoothly for me.

I'd suggest that other WINE users also post their experiences here for the record
Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Brennan
hey man

That's kind of funny that it works under Vista emulation, since I've never even tested it on real Vista! Thanks for the information.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
funkster1
Human being with feelings

I know it's an old thread, but just wanted to mention that it also runs under wine 1.0.0 under Debian/64 Studio in W2k or WinXP mode.

Interesting app btw. I once found a similir soft which generated kaleidoscopic images, from pictures dl'ed from the net in realtime as well.

Thank you for this little gem (although it seems really CPU heavy).

Cheers
Raphael
Win 10 Pro 21H2|AMD RYZEN 3600|32 GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 710 fanless|2x27" Full HD screen|250 GB SSD system|1 TB SSD Samples|1 TB SSD projects|2 TB HDD docs & images|ROLAND Octa-Capture|BCR2000|Nektar LX88+|Maschine Mikro MK3|ZeRO SL MkII|FCB1010|KRK ROKIT 5|