Old 04-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
DKDiveDude
Human being with feelings

Default Project Load Warning

The following error is getting REALLY annoying.

I start my fast gaming type Laptop, virtually only used for composing music, in the morning. I login to latest Windows 10 64-bit and wait a minute so cursor does not show any "busy" hourglass or other "busy" icon. I double-click latest Reaper 64-bit program which in turn loads latest open project, from evening before, and almost every first time, I get "Project Load Warning" error dialog where it reports that one or more VSTi plugins would not "available"!?!

The number of "unavailable" plugins vary from day to day, and they are usually more than one specific plugin (instrument or effect".

So I exit Reaper and immediately restart and everything is fine!?!

The problem started after an update some (months) time back, I can't remember exactly, but before that I cannot remember having this problem, but now it is every day first time I start Reaper in the morning and it is VERY annoying!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

have you tried doing a new portable install of reaper to see if it still happens with that? Sounds like you may have a weird setting set in your current reaper. One other thought: assuming you are on Win10 I decided to let windows just update me as and when and how they wanted a while back & in the last half dozen updates, MS has decided to change my audio output defaults for me without saying anything, so it could be any number of bizarre things like that. Hope I am wrong for your sake.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Sounds like a CRT / FLS slot issue with some of the plug-ins... Enabling the option to fully unload VSTs may help (I forget if it’s on by default...)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote