Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Mister1234
Human being with feelings

Default Problem loading VSTi plugin Catanya

Hi folks, I'm using Reaper 3.75 on Windows 7 and I'm having an issue with loading a VSTi plugin called Catanya (by 7 Aliens). I install the plugin in my Vstplugins folder but it does not appear in the Add FX window no matter how many times I rescan, restart, etc. The plugin works fine in Reaper 3.73 on another computer running Windows XP. The strange thing is that I can open up a project that utilizes the plugin and it will load in and operate fine. I can even drag-and-drop the plugin onto other tracks, but it still does not show up in the Add FX window. Any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Mister1234

Default Fixed

I tried rolling back to my earler version of Reaper (actually 3.74, not 3.73 as stated above) and the plugin showed up in the Add FX window. I then tried returning to 3.75 and now the plugin shows up! I don't know if that indicates a problem with how 3.75 reads VSTs, but at least I'm back in business.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Jan Howard test

Default Problem with Catanya showing up in latest version of Reaper

Hi....I found an old (2010) download of Catanya by 7Aliens and it doesn't show up as a .dll when I try to incorporate it into Reaper....are there any more developments with this sort of question? Also, Kirnu Cream is difficult to use....is there a PROPER list of instructions for setting it up and using it in Reaper? The YouTube links aren't always available to us here out in the wilds of west Wales.....weak broadband signals....
Jan Howard test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
ivansc

Hi & welcome to the forums.

Your issue:
Hopefully you already tried re-scanning the VST from Options/Preferences/plugins/VST menu?
Shouldn`t be necessary, but if you are using the 32 bit in 64 bit reaper this often affects automatic scanning.

Also, if you didn`t already, can I suggest you download and check out both the free User guide and take a look at the excellent free tutorial videos at reaper.fm?