Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
XrtMn
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 5.62 crashes on Win10 Pro

Hi,

When I try to add a plugin (all plugins all brands) in a Reaper 5.62 project, it crashes on Win10 Pro. Same project with same settings works fine on OS 10.13.2. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Manu
XrtMn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
ivansc

Hi and welcome to the forums! I mainly use PC for Reaper but do have a Mac with it installed and on my machine ( a 2011 Mac Mini server running mavericks) everything is working fine in Win 10 64bit Pro as well, in fact better than under MacOS.

Hopefully you downloaded and checked out the user guide and had a look at some of the free video tutorials?

It would be worthwhile doing 2 more things . First off what Audio Midi interface are you using and are you using it's ASIO drivers?
Second, have you downloaded and run resplendence.com excellent Latency checker with reaper running?
It will point out any potential problem areas for you.

Once you have done these things and ensured that your computer is set up OK, use the variation of reaper in your start button menu that says Open reaper with factory settings restored or similar. And without picking up your old .ini files settings you will have bypassed any accidental weirdness you may have introduced.
If it is still crashing, post the windows crashlog on here and we can go from there.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #3
XrtMn

Hi, I started Reaper with factory defaults and it seems to work now.
Thank you very much for your helping!!!
XrtMn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:29 AM   #4
ivansc

Now comes the fun part: Figuring out what you changed that screwed things up!
One of the things I love about reaper is that you CAN do your own fault-fixing and indeed fault-finding so easily.
Back in my days with Sonar it used to frustrate the hell out of me that I had to go cap-in-hand to support to sort out what often turned out to be bugs I didnt know about or on occasion stuff I had done myself but which needed retreiving their end, OR |(the big PITA) a re-install of Sonar.