COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 04-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
avetrex
Human being with feelings

Cool google acces coming back? ;(

i used debris alot back in 04-05 and loved it just remembered it and reinstalled, everything is so ugly and grainy now coming from
live journal/altavista.. is this normal?? or do i have something set wrong

i rember the images being alot more well normal looking, ive tweaked alot of the settings,

is there a way to access a google search on debris anymore or will there be in the near future

this would make me very happy
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
avetrex

Default also

i dont care for the way that it is taking one image and erasing it then placing it somewhere else on the screen, i like it better when it fixes an image in place and piles more images on top of it, any tips on keeping images where they are once theyve been placed?>

thanks

Brandon
Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
avetrex

Default sorry this is annoying :( should have put it all in one post

ok in regard to my first post when i generate piclist the sourcefiles from livejournal etc are normal looking not grainy, ive dropped the contrast to a reasonable level am at the max resolution and have turned saturation boost off and the images are still coming in very grainy/low res looking any advice

(no more posts till reply i promise)
Old 05-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Brennan
hey man

Well, I haven't checked for a while (year or two), but it seemed at the time as if Google were blocking Debris. A possible solution is to change your UserAgent string. Something like "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041111 Firefox/1.0" perhaps.

You're only getting one image at a time? Have you checked that your max images is sufficiently high? Or else use like 7 layers. You might want to kill your config and start over. See this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=311269

There is a setting to randomly size images up and down, that could look grainy too.

Let me know if this helps. If you want to post a screenshot to illustrate what you're talking about, I recommend Shup (available at shup.com, support forum is here: http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27