COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 06-24-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
Brennan
hey man

Default Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to the discussion forum for Debris Visual Art. Please feel free to post any ideas, comments, images, or practically anything else that is related to Debris Visual Art.

Also check back oftenish because I am probably going to start posting test builds in here before they hit the main page. The next version is shaping up pretty well...

Brennan
Old 06-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
MarkHarrison
Human being with feelings

Smile What a great thing

Just downloaded "Debris Visual Art", and I'm fascinated.

I suspect a great deal of potentially productive time will be wasted over the next couple of days :-)

My only regret - it's only available for Windows. I have a Windows box, but most of the time I'm on my linux one (which has got a rather better monitor attached.)

I'd like to see it entered to some serious galleries. I think it would look great on a 42" hi-def plasma running as a permanent exhibit in, say, the Tate Modern (London.)

Mark in England
Old 08-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
Brennan
hey man

Um... bump!

I have heard it runs in WINE reasonably well...

Brennan
Old 01-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #4
aberration

Thumbs up Very Nice

I leave Debris on sometimes when I am away from the PC or not meditating with Milkdrop. Like the way your program levels visual playing field as it were. When confronted by deluges of daily images all vying for our brain's attention, its nice to see the final composite according to your alogarithms. Really well done man!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
frog_jr

Default @#$%#@$ Awesome!

I almost purchased a shareware program built on something along these lines years ago, but the price tag was prohibitive. And same for something called ArtWonk also. You have a grateful art school dropout here, pal. Just what you always wanted, I'm sure. :-)

FWIW, here are some photos I've done:

http://homeofthegnome.net/panos/panosies/Panoseys.htm

Use them as you like, or not.

-frog

;-----------------------------------------------------

This added next day:
OK, after some tweaking and un/reinstalling etc. I got it up and running all right. Anybody trying this out now, as of ver 47 should know, as Brennan does mention elsewhere in this bb that the Google search is not working and you have to use one of the other image sources. And I wasn't satisfied with the images until I'd done considerable tweaking, because the defaults out of the box are for minimal resource consumption, but don't give an image much like the beautiful art seen in the sample images. I turned up a number of features, especially the internal canvas size, max object stacking level, and others. At the default 600x800 etc you get ugly aliasing on higher res monitors.

This thing is really great! My feature requests would include some basic hotkeys so I can save image more easily, ability to use my own image directory, as mentioned elsewhere, and automatic saving of images, as I really like everything I'm seeing.

What coding language is this written in?

Last edited by frog_jr; 10-24-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Because I'm a dweeb