CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 06-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
Manta
Human being with feelings

Default Using Debris with my own image URL

Hi all

I've been experimenting recently with using my own images with Debris, trying to make a composite of a whole lot of photos of my dog to print up and give to my ex as a gift.

I understand I can drop images on to the Debris window to add them to the "Downloaded image files" part of the Debris processing, but I'd like to serve my images from a HTTP server, on which I've written a script to randomly resize a random image from my own directory of images.

My script works fine, and I can save a whole lot of images randomly generated by it and drop them on to the Debris window to have them added to the composite, but I can't use the "image download url" configuration of Debris to go get them.

I would like Debris to continually get a new random image from this location and hence continually composite these images on top of one another. Even though they are all variations in the size of a group of say 20 images, there will be continuous variation in the combination of these images and I can just pick out a nice lookin Debris to print up.

I've written the script to (i) randomly select an image then (ii) to randomly resize it and then (iii) to serve as a JPEG directly to a browser:

http://intranet.remora.com.au/debris/random.php

Reloading will give you a new one (each one is either a different image or a different size).

And then made I a script to randomly create a URL which references this image location with a random name:

http://intranet.remora.com.au/debris/index.php

Reload to randomise the URL (which does nothing but trick Debris into thinking that it's a different image).

I've tried both of these URLs in Debris' "Source" URL field, but Debris simply hits this URL every 19 seconds, adding 1 to the "Urls in url cache", but never downloads any images (or use any on the canvas). I've even made a little page with many links and many embedded images (i.e. IMG tag), still no result.

What am I doing wrong here?

What should I do to create a page from which Debris will load images?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Brennan
hey man

I'm not entirely sure offhand... Can you do me a favor and keep those scripts live for at least a couple more days so I can test Debris with them?

Brennan
Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
Manta

Default No problem

I'll leave them up there for ever

It's my own server so I pretty much leave everything where I last left it, people have to specifically ask to have stuff removed
Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
Manta

By the way, I didn't say so in my first post -

I'd just like to say that Debris rocks. Definately one of the coolest things I've come across in my time within this wonderful internet of ours