Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 06-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
PitchSlap
Human being with feelings

Default Show all user saved FX presets in FX Browser (similar to FX Chains)

This is a request to add a section to the FX Browser that lists all user saved presets (which are normally only accessible from the plugin window itself).

Instruments and regular effects would need to be kept separate and show the name of the effect in brackets (similar to the developer for FX)

The reason for this is to find sounds quickly using the list filter.

If I'm looking for a bass sound for example, I can simply type "bass" and any bass patch I've deemed worthy of saving over the last 7 years would show up.

The current work around is save everything as an FX chain, but that's a bit of extra work (save as dialog etc.) and I end up having 75% of my FX "chains" consisting of a single effect.

An addition to this could be to list every instrument or plugin preset for plugins that auto-populate the drop down list.

This is helpful for the same reason, as the user can type a keyword (bells, ambient, lush, dark, etc.) and it would search all supported instrument patches at once, finding instantaneously what could otherwise take hours of manual searching.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
PitchSlap

I made an official FR.

Who wouldn't want all of their favorite patches searchable and accessible from the FX browser?

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=5244
Old 06-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #3
DarkStar

Not Searchable, but it's a start (coming in v4.7) - listing the Reaper presets:

I would expect that listing / searching it would only work for Reaper presets and, perhaps, for presets stored in the plug-in's memory (i.e. all those listed in the preset drop-down list in the FX GUI wrapper, but, perhaps, the FX has to be loaded to get those?). But not for fxp files stored on disk.

Last edited by DarkStar; 06-22-2014 at 01:31 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
nofish

I also long wish for a way in Reaper to store and search presets "globally" (= not FX specific).

So +1 for this.

Though it's kinda possible now already using the Project bay / FX section.
(Filterable via preset name and comment).

It's a bit unhandy at the moment though because there's no linkage between the FX bay and the FX browser and you can't "send" user presets to the FX bay with a simple click for example.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Not Searchable, but it's a start (coming in v4.7) - listing the Reaper presets:

I would expect that listing / searching it would only work for Reaper presets and, perhaps, for presets stored in the plug-in's memory (i.e. all those listed in the preset drop-down list in the FX GUI wrapper, but, perhaps, the FX has to be loaded to get those?). But not for fxp files stored on disk.
Cool, I didn't catch this. I suspect it might be useful, but all the names are greyed out so I don't know what the function is aside from showing a list.

It seems it could be functionally useful if that presets menu showed up when right-clicking FX in the mixer, so they could be changed without opening the interface...

As for listing, I imagine it only works for Reapers presets too, but that's still much better than needing to save a million FX chains for each preset...