Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 10-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #441
Lynx_TWO
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
I really like the alternating background colour for odd and even tracks. Please don't get rid of that 🙏 Helps my aged eyes separate things out :-)
Agreed, same here!
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #442
Lynx_TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001 View Post
limit is 300% for scaling =(
Ahh got it. I don't have an 8k screen BTW, would certainly love one though!
Old 10-22-2021, 07:04 AM   #443
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai_Yank View Post
Been a fan of this theme since day 1. Looks clean, not cluttered yet practical and professional. The way it helps keeping me inspired as I work on my projects, can't thank you enough

Would you please consider adding an option to disable (or adjust the size of) the folders identation on the TCP?

Also, any special reason you ditched the minimal accent colors on tracks with the "solid color" layout? I was particularly a fan of that layout, it had the perfect balance, the default layout felt too colorful (leaving us with multiple variations of the same color).

One last suggestion would be to make the track background color the same for both even and odd tracks. Try it! It makes the theme look even cleaner! The track separator line does a good job already at helping you distinguish between tracks.
Thank You!
  1. if you want to change TCP folderindent wdth - you need to unpack the theme, and find string "tcp_folderindent" in rtconfig.txt - now it's 9 pixels. you can change it to "0" or desired number of pixels (number will be multiplied by your OS screen scaling)
  2. yep, killing colors for solid layout was a really bad idea - i've fix it, and you can grab new files
  3. odd/even tracks - this color scheme fits my personal taste, and also you can see that it helps to users with vision issues. i would recommend to change it manually via theme tweak/configuration window (do not forget to save the theme after tweaks)

Last edited by gapalil001; 10-22-2021 at 08:13 AM.
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:15 PM   #444
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
Great job! I see you animate the track faders (click-protected). It is very cool! Many people miss this important point.
Thank you! My reaction are bit too late. That’s because TCP volume sliders are technically knobs. There is the only way to make sliders with fills. Also thanks You a lot for MK Slicer! That’s a script I can’t live without. A huge work and ultimative result!
Old 10-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #445
cool

Quote:
Thank you! My reaction are bit too late. That’s because TCP volume sliders are technically knobs. There is the only way to make sliders with fills. Also thanks You a lot for MK Slicer! That’s a script I can’t live without. A huge work and ultimative result!
Thanks! And you're welcome
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #446
Wallaby

How flat is it ? Yes.

Lol I go crazy ! FlatEarth rules !
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #447
timothys_monster

Very nice update! Thank you so much for the continuous work on this amazing theme!

Is it possible for you to test the theme on Linux? Then I could provide you with a few nitpick screenshots about some alignment issues...
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:39 AM   #448
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Very nice update! Thank you so much for the continuous work on this amazing theme!

Is it possible for you to test the theme on Linux? Then I could provide you with a few nitpick screenshots about some alignment issues...
Thank you! Please mail me to gapalil001@gmail.com
Old 10-25-2021, 02:00 AM   #449
daeavelwyn

Default ISUUE

Hello,

Congrate a lot for this wonderfull theme ! However, I got a little issue on windows, here is a gif you can look at to see the problem : https://imgur.com/a/InPDANd

Easy to fix as you can see.

regards
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:31 AM   #450
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
Hello,

Congrate a lot for this wonderfull theme ! However, I got a little issue on windows, here is a gif you can look at to see the problem : https://imgur.com/a/InPDANd

Easy to fix as you can see.

regards
Thank You! i'll fix it!
Old 10-25-2021, 11:28 PM   #451
paaltio

Excellent theme, absolutely loving the compact track size this allows! Very few themes do that and it's really awesome. Keep up the great work!

My only gripe is that on scaling factors other than 100% the send/receive icons on Windows get a little weird:

Also I picked the bright theme here to show another issue with that widget, which is the inconsistent text background color (vol/pan vs. post-fader).

Also for the bright version the send list is white on white making it hard to read:

Anyway, small details in an overall awesome theme, again thanks for your great work!
paaltio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #452
paaltio

Also the master track minimum zoom seems to cut off the mono/stereo toggle a bit for me, is that as designed or a bug?

Old 10-26-2021, 05:57 AM   #453
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaltio View Post
Excellent theme, absolutely loving the compact track size this allows! Very few themes do that and it's really awesome. Keep up the great work!

My only gripe is that on scaling factors other than 100% the send/receive icons on Windows get a little weird:

Also I picked the bright theme here to show another issue with that widget, which is the inconsistent text background color (vol/pan vs. post-fader).

Also for the bright version the send list is white on white making it hard to read:

Anyway, small details in an overall awesome theme, again thanks for your great work!
can you please check your screen resolution settings? also, check this video (for windows, yes it's all about fx windows but should works for other too) to properly setup your OS scaling in reaper. seems like your REAPER using 200% images when it's must be 100%

Quote:
Also the master track minimum zoom seems to cut off the mono/stereo toggle a bit for me, is that as designed or a bug?

No, it's not a bug. the Master TCP panel minimal height is too high. yes, logically it must disappears, but i leave it for some situations where it can be needed (or i can make it disappears if you want)

Thank You for reveal these, it's very helpful!
Old 10-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #454
paaltio

Quote:
can you please check your screen resolution settings? also, check this video (for windows, yes it's all about fx windows but should works for other too) to properly setup your OS scaling in reaper. seems like your REAPER using 200% images when it's must be 100%
My main computer is 4k at 150% scaling. I did try at 200% as well and it looks the same. It's only at 100% scaling that the buttons look correct.

That high DPI compatibility setting in the video does fix this issue since it just bitmap upscales from 100%, but I wouldn't really want to use it as it makes everything else look worse. The theme looks really great in high DPI otherwise.

Quote:
No, it's not a bug. the Master TCP panel minimal height is too high. yes, logically it must disappears, but i leave it for some situations where it can be needed (or i can make it disappears if you want)
Ah I understand. Actually, something I realized while experimenting with 100% scaling: the button does disappear earlier with that! It vanishes right away when there's no room, whereas with the higher scaling it stays there. The 100% behavior seems correct to me, would definitely like to see that with the higher scaling too. So hiding when there's no room seems very good.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:30 AM   #455
gapalil001

Quote:
My main computer is 4k at 150% scaling. I did try at 200% as well and it looks the same. It's only at 100% scaling that the buttons look correct.
seems like it's REAPER bug itself. there was the same bug with meters and it was completely fixed in 6.37. i've created bug report and sent to developers. hope it's will be fixed soon

[EDITED]

issue was fixed for pre-release REAPER v6.39, will be released soon

Quote:
Ah I understand. Actually, something I realized while experimenting with 100% scaling: the button does disappear earlier with that! It vanishes right away when there's no room, whereas with the higher scaling it stays there. The 100% behavior seems correct to me, would definitely like to see that with the higher scaling too. So hiding when there's no room seems very good.
just tested right now - seems like it's won't gone for 150 and 200 i don't know why, there is all right in config file

Last edited by gapalil001; 10-27-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #456
paaltio

Quote:
seems like it's REAPER bug itself. there was the same bug with meters and it was completely fixed in 6.37. i've created bug report and sent to developers. hope it's will be fixed soon

[EDITED]

issue was fixed for pre-release REAPER v6.39, will be released soon
Awesome, thanks for checking it out!
Old 11-02-2021, 06:33 AM   #457
l369

The Theme looks great!

But i dont see the FX list in the Track Panel.. i do i get that? [found it]

Thanks

Last edited by l369; 11-02-2021 at 10:26 AM. Reason: found what i searched
l369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:30 AM   #458
daeavelwyn

Default Color faded

hello gapalil001,

I'm trying to figure out how to tweak your theme to get the TCP and MCP color really correspond to the selected color.

so, here is a picture to illustrate : https://imgur.com/a/WmicvYw

I'd like the Reanoir (or SWS, or whatever other color source) to apply without being faded in TCP and MCP. So, I think it's a *.png file that I have to tweak but can't rememeber which one.

If it could be also done for items color I really want to know how !

Could you help me please ?
Old 11-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #459
gapalil001

Quote:
hello gapalil001,

I'm trying to figure out how to tweak your theme to get the TCP and MCP color really correspond to the selected color.

so, here is a picture to illustrate : https://imgur.com/a/WmicvYw

I'd like the Reanoir (or SWS, or whatever other color source) to apply without being faded in TCP and MCP. So, I think it's a *.png file that I have to tweak but can't rememeber which one.

If it could be also done for items color I really want to know how !

Could you help me please ?
yes, sure! you need to edit "tcp_bg" and "tcp_bgsel" images. the transparent areas are not fully transparent, you need to clear "transparent" areas. please note, that some TCP elements may be hard to read when track color is too dark (about R65 G65 B65)
also, please note that there is separated images for 150 and 200 scaling layouts
Old 11-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #460
daeavelwyn

Quote:
yes, sure! you need to edit "tcp_bg" and "tcp_bgsel" images. the transparent areas are not fully transparent, you need to clear "transparent" areas.
Thanks so much, it really saves me a lot of time ! I also remove the "not totaly transparent" area from item_bg.png and mcp_bg.png. The theme is now almost perfect ! Thanks again for your huge work !

Quote:
please note, that some TCP elements may be hard to read when track color is too dark (about R65 G65 B65)
Thanks for the tips, but as i'm using color coding to know hich track contains what, I do not rea so much track name.

Quote:
also, please note that there is separated images for 150 and 200 scaling layouts
Thanks, but i'm on a 24" in 1920x1080...not really 4k compliant X-D
Old 11-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #461
gapalil001

Quote:
Thanks so much, it really saves me a lot of time ! I also remove the "not totaly transparent" area from item_bg.png and mcp_bg.png. The theme is now almost perfect ! Thanks again for your huge work !

Thanks for the tips, but as i'm using color coding to know hich track contains what, I do not rea so much track name.

Thanks, but i'm on a 24" in 1920x1080...not really 4k compliant X-D
glad to hear! cheers =) have a good using!
Old 11-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #462
Rodulf

My only concern is that I can't get 2 or more plugins to embed in the TCP. Only one will display. Other than this, I love it.
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #463
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
My only concern is that I can't get 2 or more plugins to embed in the TCP. Only one will display. Other than this, I love it.
just tested right now - seems like it's bug. it worked in previous versions. will try to solve it

Thank You!

[EDITED]
Issue was solved! will be in future update next week (or maybe at the days!)

Last edited by gapalil001; 11-05-2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #464
Karmoon

A bit late to the party, but damn, the numbers on the meters in version 3 make me around 63.24% happier.

This was probably my only criticism of the theme, and it's been resolved.

Fantastic job.
Karmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:26 PM   #465
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
A bit late to the party, but damn, the numbers on the meters in version 3 make me around 63.21% happier.

This was probably my only criticism of the theme, and it's been resolved.

Fantastic job.
Thank You! version 3.1 coming soon with some improvements also to MCP meter numbers. also, transport will be changed a bit, to being 11.6% more rounded and 16,34% more tough. But it's 87,4% confidential, so don't share it with anybody

Last edited by gapalil001; 11-05-2021 at 02:28 PM. Reason: not 64,24 but ,21
Old 11-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #466
OLSHALOM

Hello gapalil01,

nice development!

May I ask, what's the name of the script underneath the Transport in the Preview-Picture?

thanks
OLSHALOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #467
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLSHALOM View Post
Hello gapalil01,

nice development!

May I ask, what's the name of the script underneath the Transport in the Preview-Picture?

thanks
Thanks! there is no any scripts here, just floating transport resized
Old 11-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #468
Rodulf

Quote:
just tested right now - seems like it's bug. it worked in previous versions. will try to solve it

Thank You!

[EDITED]
Issue was solved! will be in future update next week (or maybe at the days!)

Works great, now. Thank you! Incredible job!
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #469
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
Works great, now. Thank you! Incredible job!
Thank you! Please remember, that you can place embedded ui instead of fxlist via theme adjuster if you need! (Will affects to all tracks with embedded UI only)
Old 11-12-2021, 02:22 AM   #470
gapalil001

Default IMPORTANT!

the latest update (FM3.1c) is important for hidpi users who has been updated to REAPER 6.41. this update contain some changes because of some REAPER specifics.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #471
Alex Philipp

First thank for your amazing work!
Suggestion, could You please make mixer peak value a bit more brighter. Now it really hard to read. Also for TCP

Last edited by Alex Philipp; 11-14-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Alex Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #472
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Philipp View Post
First thank for your amazing work!
Suggestion, could You please make mixer peak value a bit more brighter. Now it really hard to read. Also for TCP
Thank You! do you mean numbers? normal or when it's clipped?
Old 11-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #473
Alex Philipp

Quote:
Thank You! do you mean numbers? normal or when it's clipped?
Normal.
Alex Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #474
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Philipp View Post
Normal.
i will make it bit brighten in the next update
Old 11-20-2021, 04:03 PM   #475
daeavelwyn

Hello Gapalil001

What is tha value to change in the rtconfig to get the background folder height a bit higher than the default track. I'd like them to be 2pixels higher than default tracks?

I guess it's somewhere here :
Code:
set folderBP_h * scale [90 70 42 20]

set folderstate_recarm_anchor h<folderBP_h{0} [0]  [35 75 64 18]   
            set folder_column folder_recarms=2 + folderstate_recarm_anchor [0 0 0 0]  h<folderBP_h{1} [0]  [34 52 64 18]    

set tcp.folder * scale folderstate=1 + folder_column [-4 -5 0 0] h<folderBP_h{2} [0]  [2 105 15 15 0 1 0 1]
            set tcp.foldercomp * scale  h<folderBP_h{3} [1 2 14 14] [2 3 15 15]

set labelBP_h * scale [20 25 30 35 45]
            set labelBP_w * scale [460 400]
But don't want to break the theme trying stuff :-/

I'd like to avoid this : https://imgur.com/a/nil9I92
Old 11-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #476
gapalil001

Quote:
Hello Gapalil001

What is tha value to change in the rtconfig to get the background folder height a bit higher than the default track. I'd like them to be 2pixels higher than default tracks?

I guess it's somewhere here :
Code:
set folderBP_h * scale [90 70 42 20]

set folderstate_recarm_anchor h<folderBP_h{0} [0]  [35 75 64 18]   
            set folder_column folder_recarms=2 + folderstate_recarm_anchor [0 0 0 0]  h<folderBP_h{1} [0]  [34 52 64 18]    

set tcp.folder * scale folderstate=1 + folder_column [-4 -5 0 0] h<folderBP_h{2} [0]  [2 105 15 15 0 1 0 1]
            set tcp.foldercomp * scale  h<folderBP_h{3} [1 2 14 14] [2 3 15 15]

set labelBP_h * scale [20 25 30 35 45]
            set labelBP_w * scale [460 400]
But don't want to break the theme trying stuff :-/

I'd like to avoid this : https://imgur.com/a/nil9I92
No. These strings is about folder buttons, not folder height. There is no any way to change minimal height of folder tracks, but only for all

Last edited by gapalil001; 11-23-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:26 AM   #477
daeavelwyn

Hello gapalil001,

Thanks for your reply, ok, nevermind, I can live with

regards
Old 11-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #478
Lynx_TWO

Quote:
Hello gapalil001,

Thanks for your reply, ok, nevermind, I can live with

regards
Sounds like a feature request on the Reaper Feature Request forum
Old 12-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #479
Tommy Zai

Lovely design. I dig the flatness + roundness.
Tommy Zai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #480
gapalil001

Default Theme updated to 3.2

What's new on 3.2:

it's mostly about small issues fixed:
  • new "grey" version - between bright and dark, based on the bright version
  • Master TCP - fixed wrong colors in bright version(s)
  • TCP - 1st level folders now rounded too from the left side when supercollapsed
  • TCP - improved buttons positions for folder tracks when record stuff is enabled via theme adjuster
  • Meters:
    1. meter clocks now brighten when not clipped for TCP and MCP
    2. db scales matched between TCP and MCP
    3. when track record-armed, meter strip shows color breakpoints on -18 and -6db
  • some toolbar icons are bit changed, added icons for some region operations
  • FX Slots - normal fx font becomes darken for better readability

Last edited by gapalil001; 12-01-2021 at 01:16 PM.