Old 01-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #1
flicker177
Human being with feelings

Default Where is FX oversampling?

Hi everyone,

I read that FX chain and FX instance oversampling is included in V6.44 but I can't find it. I haven't found any instructions on where its located.

Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--Bill
flicker177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #2
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicker177 View Post
Hi everyone,

I read that FX chain and FX instance oversampling is included in V6.44 but I can't find it. I haven't found any instructions on where its located.

Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--Bill
Bill, first, it's only in the 6.44+dev builds. These are pre-release builds so this is a beta feature. It's not in the official 6.44 build. Now, once you're up and running with the dev build...

If you're floating an FX, you can click the + icon in the menu, and you'll see new menu items for Chain Oversampling and FX Instance Oversampling.

If you're looking at the FX Chain window, you can right click each effect and you'll see similar menu options.

Important: you have to play and stop feedback for the changes to take effect and there's significant latency added if you're input monitoring.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
flicker177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Bill, first, it's only in the 6.44+dev builds. These are pre-release builds so this is a beta feature. It's not in the official 6.44 build. Now, once you're up and running with the dev build...
Thanks much! That makes sense. I thought I'd read somewhere that it had been added to the official release.

I realize that beta versions may be unstable, just wanted to play with the feature a bit.

Regards,
--Bill
flicker177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:44 AM   #4
MEMFIS_AKA
Banned

Beware using this Oversampling with Acustica Audio hardware sampled plugins (Acqua and Nebula libs). They are not switch on the fly, so for example if you boost 100 hz in any AA eq plugin then switch to 2x oversampling this plugin or FX chain, instead of 100 hz boost you will have 200 hz boost, etc.
I know this is little of top here, but this may be a huge bomber for users if they miss that thing!
MEMFIS_AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:55 AM   #5
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicker177 View Post

I realize that beta versions may be unstable, just wanted to play with the feature a bit.

Regards,
--Bill
Give it a try and if you find any bugs or audible issues with it then please report them in the dev builds thread for latest beta as that is the best way to help the devs make the feature stable for everyone's use so it's a win win then