Old 06-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
richie43
Human being with feelings

Default Reajs help

Can someone please tell me how to get the reajs plugin to see the js plugins? I a, trying this out to see if this will work as a wrapper to use js plugins on a platform that js does not run on natively (but vst does). I have read the little txt file that came with the reajs (in the Reaplugs download) and have tried to set this up corectly. But the reajs plugins always says that it can not find any js plugins to load. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
Can someone please tell me how to get the reajs plugin to see the js plugins? I a, trying this out to see if this will work as a wrapper to use js plugins on a platform that js does not run on natively (but vst does). I have read the little txt file that came with the reajs (in the Reaplugs download) and have tried to set this up corectly. But the reajs plugins always says that it can not find any js plugins to load. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
What's wrong with that guy?!? ^^^
is he stoopid or something????
Ha ha, I figured it out. The Reajs dll needs to be in the same directory as the js it loads. I copied the needed js to the vst folder that Reaper scans. All is good. "Thanks" everyone...lol
Old 06-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
DarkStar

That would do it, yes. But ... my JS FX are only in their AppData folder, nowhere near the reajs.dll
Old 06-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
That would do it, yes. But ... my JS FX are only in their AppData folder, nowhere near the reajs.dll
Maybe that didn't work for me because I was using a portable installation....? Putting them together was the only thing that worked.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
DarkStar

That could be it.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
richie43

Interesting...I have it working, but the nerd in me wants to figure this out...maybe after i get some work done...(sad when my reward for getting work done involves problem-solving reaper-related stuff that doesn't need to be solved...ha ha, I guess I am a lifer at this...)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
IXix

You need to have reajs.ini in the same folder as the dll. In reajs.ini you need to do something like
Code:
rootpath=C:\SomeFolder
I think if you don't specify rootpath it will first check for a REAPER (non-portable) installation and use that if it finds it. If it doesn't find REAPER then it defaults to <reajs-path>\JS .
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #8
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
You need to have reajs.ini in the same folder as the dll. In reajs.ini you need to do something like
Code:
rootpath=C:\SomeFolder
I think if you don't specify rootpath it will first check for a REAPER (non-portable) installation and use that if it finds it. If it doesn't find REAPER then it defaults to <reajs-path>\JS .
Thanks. The actual js fx are so tiny that copying them and moving those to another location is no big deal. When I am less frantic, I will use your steps and do it correctly.