Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 05-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Default v5.978+dev0513 - May 13 2019

v5.978+dev0513 - May 13 2019
+ Automation items: fix occasionally incorrect behavior of "reduce number of envelope points" dialog [p=2132696]
+ FX Browser: fix memory leak when updating custom FX tags, folders
+ FX Browser: fix preferences display of certain quoted filters
+ FX Browser: fix reading of smart folder filters that begin/end with quotes [t=220783]
+ Notation editor: add multi-tremolo support
+ Notation editor: fix musicxml slur export
+ Notation editor: fix tuplet/chord interaction display
+ Notation edltor: improve musicxml tuplet export
+ VST: improve default keyboard handling for ARA plug-ins
+ VST: show non-automatable parameters in generic parameter UI for accessibility purposes
# MIDI editor: adjust note/CC display when using custom track or media item colors

Full changelog / Latest pre-releases
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
EvilDragon

Devs, is there really no way to better handle this situation:

Disregard the earlier note changing velocity, that bug is fixed as you know - but the more annoying part of this is not being able to edit individual notes of a chord that begin at exactly the same time, WITHOUT any of notes being selected. We have handles now, those handles should enable easy modifications like this in case when multiple notes have the same starting time but different velocities!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
EvilDragon

I'd consider this a bug: track/media item coloring modes only color the lollipop but not the stem. For stem, looks like "source" color is used.

I'd expect the same color being used for the lollipop and the stem here.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Oops yes, that's a typo, fixing.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
Klangfarben

Quote:
Agreed.

I also don't see how a lollipop that small is useful. It seems like it makes editing velocities harder, not easier IMHO.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
xpander

Quote:

Disregard the earlier note changing velocity, that bug is fixed as you know - but the more annoying part of this is not being able to edit individual notes of a chord that begin at exactly the same time, WITHOUT any of notes being selected.
I did have this behavior couple of dev versions ago, but not anymore. If I click/drag on any velocity handle, only that one will get selected and adjusted. My mouse modifier default actions for all the MIDI CC contexts are at defaults. I wonder if you have changed any of those?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
EvilDragon

I do have a different mouse modifier and I mentioned which one several dev threads ago. I use "Edit selected CC events if any, otherwise draw/edit" in both CC event and CC lane contexts.

It should still work like it does with the default modifier even in this setup, I'd say.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Agreed.

I also don't see how a lollipop that small is useful. It seems like it makes editing velocities harder, not easier IMHO.
It's not really small, honestly. Plus you don't need to click JUST on the lollipop, it has a wider hit area (the whole stem, and also additional area to the right of it).
Old 05-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
bFooz

Quote:
+ Notation editor: add multi-tremolo support
I'm really glad you went into this!

I'm afraid this first step is a little bit miss though. Please let me clarify bellow how multi-note trems are used.

On both pictures from Dorico, in the first bar there is a multi-note trem notation and in the second bar there is fully written out how that trem is played by musicians. Both pics are in 4/4. Three strokes are generally considered to be an unmeasured thing, but it also depends on a tempo and a conductor.

Notice how two half notes connected by a trem sign does not add into a whole note but both together represent a half-note length.
(Dorico)

If I do these trems with the current implementation, I get this. I also used disp_len offset (changed by script because with actions you cannot get so long offset):
(Reaper)

You just cannot get the proper notation when you must connect two existing MIDI notes. So that's why I suggested it to be a visual ornament and meant it to take the current Reaper's trill as a basis, not a slur.

The most important thing is to have selectable pitches and with that also selectable accidental notation. Different number of strokes (1..4) is not so important, but it's too easy addition not to add and will double usability of this. Optionable slur is a bonus.

As it would be drawn on a set distance, the easy part could be that you don't have to calculate trem beams and just use those from the font with set angle.

EDIT:For even more clarification, here's how Dorico handles its creation.

Last edited by bFooz; 05-13-2019 at 12:30 PM.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #10
schwa
Administrator

Hmm. That's a fairly high level of complexity for what is entirely a display ornament that doesn't have any effect on the actual MIDI playback. We may mess with it a bit more, but most likely we'll just revert the feature.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
bFooz

Ok.

I just thought you already have almost everything needed - added visual notes from trill, accidental calculation, strokes from font, note length and orientation taken from the base note.

Again, horizontal distance from the base note would be set and unchangable, same for all base note lengths.

All would have to be exportable in musicXML to use the potential.

It does not affect the playback yet (here for me it definitelly does though) but all is needed is just a jsfx notation to midi interpreter. Some beginnings of that I saw on the forum some time ago.

EDIT: And also the pitch would be made by an offset, so it would stick to the base note as it would move up and down.

Last edited by bFooz; 05-13-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #12
Klangfarben

Quote:
It's not really small, honestly. Plus you don't need to click JUST on the lollipop, it has a wider hit area (the whole stem, and also additional area to the right of it).
Even with show note length in velocity lane disabled? I can miss the hit area pretty easily. It was harder to miss when the velocity "stick" was wider previous to the CC envelope dev cycle. So I really do think one of them needs to change, even if it's just the stick being wider.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #13
schwa
Administrator

With the note length display disabled, the hit area is actually the same size as when displaying velocity as a bar.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
With the note length display disabled, the hit area is actually the same size as when displaying velocity as a bar.
Ok, thanks. Clearly psychogenic on my part then.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #15
mccrabney

Quote:
# MIDI editor: adjust note/CC display when using custom track or media item colors
nicely done. selected vs unselected notes pop now. consider me gruntled.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #16
xpander

Quote:
I do have a different mouse modifier and I mentioned which one several dev threads ago. I use "Edit selected CC events if any, otherwise draw/edit" in both CC event and CC lane contexts.

It should still work like it does with the default modifier even in this setup, I'd say.
Yep, I can reproduce with those mouse modifier settings. I agree, it should work just the same.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #17
Icchan

Quote:
Hmm. That's a fairly high level of complexity for what is entirely a display ornament that doesn't have any effect on the actual MIDI playback.
What about future proof for MIDI 2.0?
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #18
Breeder

Quote:
Oops yes, that's a typo, fixing.
It actually looks really good for a typo
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 AM   #19
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
not being able to edit individual notes of a chord that begin at exactly the same time, WITHOUT any of notes being selected. We have handles now, those handles should enable easy modifications like this in case when multiple notes have the same starting time but different velocities!
Why do you have the note selection disabled -- what preferred behavior does that allow? With note selection disabled, in this case, what should happen if you move the mouse leftward over the velocity stems themselves? Can you think of any behavior that would make sense here that doesn't require REAPER internally to track which note's horizontal line was originally clicked on, just as if it were selected? It seems like you want a behavior that is exactly like having a single note selected without actually selecting the note...
Old 05-14-2019, 05:08 AM   #20
bFooz

There is (now) this problem with musicxml:

Top is what was exported.
Bottom is imported back.

The problem seems that on export one staff of the grandstaff does consider project start offset and the other one does not. I have offset at -1 measure here.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #21
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
Devs, is there really no way to better handle this situation:

Disregard the earlier note changing velocity, that bug is fixed as you know - but the more annoying part of this is not being able to edit individual notes of a chord that begin at exactly the same time, WITHOUT any of notes being selected. We have handles now, those handles should enable easy modifications like this in case when multiple notes have the same starting time but different velocities!

Completely agreed...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:17 AM   #22
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
The problem seems that on export one staff of the grandstaff does consider project start offset and the other one does not. I have offset at -1 measure here.
Fixing, thanks.

Last edited by schwa; 05-14-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #23
bFooz

Quote:
Thanks, I think the problem is actually on the import side.
I've tried importing to Dorico and it shows it shifted as well. Sibelius and MuseScore show it OK though.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #24
EvilDragon

Quote:
Why do you have the note selection disabled -- what preferred behavior does that allow? With note selection disabled, in this case, what should happen if you move the mouse leftward over the velocity stems themselves? Can you think of any behavior that would make sense here that doesn't require REAPER internally to track which note's horizontal line was originally clicked on, just as if it were selected?
It's slowing things down when you want to do a single note adjustment and you have nothing selected. Because then you need to unselect if you want to edit another note from the chord. It's the opposite of smooth and fast MIDI editing, which Reaper should strive for

Quote:
It seems like you want a behavior that is exactly like having a single note selected without actually selecting the note...
That is exactly what I would want If the mouse modifier says "Edit selected CC events if any, otherwise draw/edit", I would expect it to edit only the event closest to the cursor - not the whole shebang of stacked notes with same starting time but different velocities.

Sorta "smart select" kind of thing? Is this an unrealistic expectation? I would consider the note length handle itself to be a hitzone for the associated velocity event. No?

Consider this scenario:

I would want to be able to drag each individual handle and change the velocity of the note that handle belongs to. Currently, Reaper doesn't allow us to do that without requiring you to select the event first, which slows things down. If we have the handles, we should be able to utilize them properly.

Wouldn't you consider this annoying? The handle is there, but it does nothing to its associated event, because only the rightmost note is considered important...
Old 05-14-2019, 05:37 AM   #25
schwa
Administrator

Repeating a couple of questions here. You have the default "allow selecting a single event in a CC lane" (in Preferences > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers) disabled, but you want a single velocity stem to act as if is selected when you click on it.

Why do you have the default disabled, what behavior does that allow that you can't get otherwise?

To get the behavior you want, REAPER would have to internally track which note's horizontal line was originally clicked on, just as if it were selected. So why not just enable that preference?

..Or maybe that preference should only apply to CC events, not velocity stems, and notes should always get selected when you click on the velocity stem? Maybe that is the best solution.

Quote:
Why do you have the note selection disabled -- what preferred behavior does that allow? With note selection disabled, in this case, what should happen if you move the mouse leftward over the velocity stems themselves? Can you think of any behavior that would make sense here that doesn't require REAPER internally to track which note's horizontal line was originally clicked on, just as if it were selected? It seems like you want a behavior that is exactly like having a single note selected without actually selecting the note...

Last edited by schwa; 05-14-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:46 AM   #26
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
...not being able to edit individual notes of a chord that begin at exactly the same time, WITHOUT any of notes being selected. We have handles now, those handles should enable easy modifications like this in case when multiple notes have the same starting time but different velocities!

@EvilDragon : I can get independent editing of velocities with the same start time having Ctrl+Shift modifier set to "Move CC event on one axis only", which is my default, to put an example :

The case is that, in spite of that, I agree that it should need no special configuration to work as you say. It would make editing velocities on the fly much easier...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:07 AM   #27
sonicowl

Quote:
..Or maybe that preference should only apply to CC events, not velocity stems, and notes should always get selected when you click on the velocity stem? Maybe that is the best solution.

Yes, imo.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #28
Klangfarben

Quote:
Also agreed.

This is for another day obviously, but I think there should be separate mouse modifiers for velocity and for CC. They really are two separate things as has been pointed out by the above example. They don't have much in common in terms of editing so separate mouse modifiers would solve a lot of problems.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #29
vitalker

Quote:
This is for another day obviously, but I think there should be separate mouse modifiers for velocity and for CC. They really are two separate things as has been pointed out by the above example. They don't have much in common in terms of editing so separate mouse modifiers would solve a lot of problems.
Wise idea!
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #30
EvilDragon

Quote:
You have the default "allow selecting a single event in a CC lane" (in Preferences > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers) disabled, but you want a single velocity stem to act as if is selected when you click on it.
No, I have that option enabled.

Quote:
To get the behavior you want, REAPER would have to internally track which note's horizontal line was originally clicked on, just as if it were selected.
This is exactly what I'd like to see! Note length lines actually becoming a hitzone.

Quote:
Sounds like something worth testing for the next dev release!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #31
_Stevie_

Quote:
Also agreed.

Exactly THIS!

And that:

Quote:
This is exactly what I'd like to see! Note length lines actually becoming a hitzone.

EDIT:
Let me add something here. It would be immensely helpful if while editing the velocity by dragging or trimming in the velocity lane that the note(s) were temporarily selected. And when letting go, the previous state was restored. And when clicking on the stick/lollipop the note was selected as suggested above. So, temporary note selection while dragging/trimming and permanent selection when clicking/selecting.

Last edited by _Stevie_; 05-14-2019 at 09:12 AM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #32
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
It would be immensely helpful if while editing the velocity by dragging or trimming in the velocity lane that the note(s) were temporarily selected. And when letting go, the previous state was restored. And when clicking on the stick/lollipop the note was selected as suggested above. So, temporary note selection while dragging/trimming and permanent selection when clicking/selecting.
This is a really great idea, Stevie!!

Quote:
And yes, this seems most logical.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #33
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
@EvilDragon : I can get independent editing of velocities with the same start time having Ctrl+Shift modifier set to "Move CC event on one axis only", which is my default, to put an example :

Exactly the example you show is why it's too slow. You're first marqueeing a velocity to tweak it by the handle (and using additional modifiers, to boot). That is one operation that is completely unnecessary. Just dragging the handle should allow you to edit ONLY the event that the handle belongs to.

ONLY in the case of multiple events that have the same starting point AND same velocity, should multiple events be edited simultaneously by a single handle!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #34
Breeder

2 questions for the devs while you're dealing with automation items.

1. Are you aware that many actions (select points, invert points, remove points etc...) affect underlying envelope even if it is bypassed and thus practically invisible and shouldn't respond to edits.

2. Edits through API don't affect automation items with shared pool (or other points in the same looped automation item). Is this a bug or a feature?

Last edited by Breeder; 05-14-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #35
pcartwright

Quote:
Hmm. That's a fairly high level of complexity for what is entirely a display ornament that doesn't have any effect on the actual MIDI playback. We may mess with it a bit more, but most likely we'll just revert the feature.
I think this feature would be incredibly useful if the midi message contained enough information to allow a jsfx to trigger repeating notes or a keyswitch/channel change to trigger a tremolo sample.
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:33 AM   #36
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
2 questions for the devs while you're dealing with automation items.

1. Are you aware that many actions (select points, invert points, remove points etc...) affect underlying envelope even if it is bypassed and thus practically invisible and shouldn't respond to edits.

2. Edits through API don't affect automation items with shared pool (or other points in the same looped automation item). Is this a bug or a feature?
Let me just try and get devs attention one more time.

There but be a way to work with automation item SOURCE directly instead of going through all the points of the looped item and doing all sorts of wacky calculations to determine what needs to get edited where.

Pooled automation items don't seem to pose much of a problem, but looped automation items...yikes!

What do you think, is it too much to ask for yet another API that deals exclusively with automation items source instead of currently visible points?

I'm thinking like this:
1) API to translate current point id to source point id. For example, if item is looped you could supply any point id and get the point id of the automation item source.

2) API to traverse only through points in source. This would probably have to all work in QN, not time units. Updating a point here would update all the points in the looped automation item. Maybe even update all the pooled copies too?

Maybe there's a better approach, but there must be a way to ease this

Last edited by Breeder; 05-15-2019 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #37
nofish

Quote:
Seems to work here.
Here I'm setting 2nd point (index 1) of first AI, the point in the looped section follows as well as the points in the pooled AI.
Or am I misunderstanding?

nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #38
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Seems to work here.
Here I'm setting 2nd point (index 1) of first AI, the point in the looped section follows as well as the points in the pooled AI.
Or am I misunderstanding?

Doesn't work here. Maybe it's because you're not changing the position of the point?

This is a script that will fit points to time selection but it doesn't work with
1) Pooled items
2) Looped item

Code:
-- Misc functions ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function msg(s)
    reaper.ShowConsoleMsg(tostring(s) .. "\n")
end

local function SetToBounds (val, min, max)
	if min > max then
		min, max = max, min
	end

if      val < min then return min
	elseif  val > max then return max
	else                   return val
	end
end

local function TranslateRange (value, oldMin, oldMax, newMin, newMax)
	local oldRange = oldMax - oldMin
	local newRange = newMax - newMin
	local newValue = ((value - oldMin) * newRange / oldRange) + newMin
	return SetToBounds(newValue, newMin, newMax)
end

local function GetEnvelopeData (envelope, automationId)
	local firstSelId          = -1
	local lastSelId           = -1
	local selectedPointsCount = 0

if automationId == -1 then
		for i = 0, reaper.CountEnvelopePoints(envelope)-1 do
			local _, _, _, _, _, selected = reaper.GetEnvelopePoint(envelope, i)
			if selected == true then
				if firstSelId == -1 then
					firstSelId = i
				end
				lastSelId = i
				selectedPointsCount = selectedPointsCount + 1
			end
		end
	else
		for i = 0, reaper.CountEnvelopePointsEx(envelope, automationId)-1 do
			local _, _, _, _, _, selected = reaper.GetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, automationId, i)
			if selected == true then
				if firstSelId == -1 then
					firstSelId = i
				end
				lastSelId = i
				selectedPointsCount = selectedPointsCount + 1
			end
		end
	end
	return firstSelId, lastSelId, selectedPointsCount
end

-- Main ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function Main ()
	local envelope = reaper.GetSelectedEnvelope(0)
	if envelope ~= nil then

-- Get time selection information
		local timeSel = false
		local timeSelStart, timeSelEnd = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(false, false, 0, 0, false)
		if timeSelStart ~= timeSelEnd then
			timeSel = true
		end
		if timeSel == true and (timeSelStart + 0.000001 >= timeSelEnd) then
			timeSel =  false
		end

-- Correct time selection for take envelope bounds and recheck again for minimum time selection length
		local takeEnvelopeItemStart = 0
		local takeEnvelopeItemEnd   = 0
		local takeEnvelopePlayRate  = 1
		if timeSel == true then
			local br_envelope = reaper.BR_EnvAlloc(envelope, false)
			local take = reaper.BR_EnvGetParentTake(br_envelope)
			if take ~= nil then
				local item = reaper.GetMediaItemTake_Item(take)
				takeEnvelopeItemStart = reaper.GetMediaItemInfo_Value(item, "D_POSITION")
				takeEnvelopeItemEnd   = reaper.GetMediaItemInfo_Value(item, "D_LENGTH") + takeEnvelopeItemStart
				takeEnvelopePlayRate  = reaper.GetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value(take, "D_PLAYRATE")

timeSelStart = SetToBounds(timeSelStart, takeEnvelopeItemStart, takeEnvelopeItemEnd)
				timeSelEnd   = SetToBounds(timeSelEnd,   takeEnvelopeItemStart, takeEnvelopeItemEnd)
			end
			reaper.BR_EnvFree(envelope, false)
		end
		if timeSel == true and (timeSelStart + 0.000001 >= timeSelEnd) then
			timeSel =  false
		end

-- Fit points
		reaper.ClearConsole()
		if timeSel == true then

-- Start
			reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
			local doUndo  = false

-- Do envelope points
			local firstSelId, lastSelId, selectedPointsCount = GetEnvelopeData(envelope, -1)
			if selectedPointsCount >= 2 then
				local _, firstPos = reaper.GetEnvelopePoint(envelope, firstSelId)
				local _, lastPos  = reaper.GetEnvelopePoint(envelope, lastSelId)
				for i = 0, reaper.CountEnvelopePoints(envelope)-1 do
					local p, t, v, shape, tension, s = reaper.GetEnvelopePoint(envelope, i)
					if s == true then
						if doUndo == false then
							doUndo = true
							reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
						end
						reaper.SetEnvelopePoint(envelope, i, (TranslateRange(t / takeEnvelopePlayRate, firstPos / takeEnvelopePlayRate, lastPos / takeEnvelopePlayRate, timeSelStart, timeSelEnd) - takeEnvelopeItemStart) * takeEnvelopePlayRate, v, shape, tension, true, true)
					end
				end
			end

-- Do points in automation items
			for i = 0, reaper.CountAutomationItems(envelope)-1 do
				local selected        = reaper.GetSetAutomationItemInfo(envelope, i, "D_UISEL", 0, false)
				local automationStart = reaper.GetSetAutomationItemInfo(envelope, i, "D_POSITION", 0, false)
				local automationEnd   = reaper.GetSetAutomationItemInfo(envelope, i, "D_LENGTH", 0, false) + automationStart

if (selected > 0 or selected == 0) and (automationStart + 0.000001 < automationEnd) then
					local firstSelId, lastSelId, selectedPointsCount = GetEnvelopeData(envelope, i)
					if selectedPointsCount >= 2 then
						local _, firstPos = reaper.GetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, firstSelId)
						local _, lastPos  = reaper.GetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, lastSelId)
						automationStart = SetToBounds(timeSelStart, automationStart, automationEnd)
						automationEnd   = SetToBounds(timeSelEnd,   automationStart, automationEnd)
						for j = 0, reaper.CountEnvelopePointsEx(envelope, i)-1 do
							local p, t, v, shape, tension, s = reaper.GetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, j)
							if s == true then
								if doUndo == false then
									doUndo = true
									reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
								end
								reaper.SetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, j, TranslateRange(t, firstPos, lastPos, automationStart, automationEnd), v, shape, tension, true, true)
							end
						end
					end
				end
			end

-- Finish up
			if doUndo == true then
				reaper.Envelope_SortPoints(envelope)
				reaper.Undo_EndBlock("Fit envelope points to time selection", 1 | 4)
			end
			reaper.UpdateArrange()
			reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
		end
	end
end

Main()
function NoUndoPoint () end -- Makes sure there is no unnecessary undo point created, see more
reaper.defer(NoUndoPoint)   -- here: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=1523953&postcount=67
This is a part of the script that deals with automation items:
Code:
for j = 0, reaper.CountEnvelopePointsEx(envelope, i)-1 do
	local p, t, v, shape, tension, s = reaper.GetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, j)
	if s == true then
		if doUndo == false then
			doUndo = true
			reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
		end
		reaper.SetEnvelopePointEx(envelope, i, j, TranslateRange(t, firstPos, lastPos, automationStart, automationEnd), v, shape, tension, true, true)
	end
end
edit: it seems "noSort" flag in SetEnvelopePointEx is the culprit! If set to true it breaks looped and pooled items. Ok, I think we can live with this!

Last edited by Breeder; 05-15-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #39
nofish

Quote:
edit: it seems "noSort" flag in SetEnvelopePointEx is the culprit! If set to true it breaks looped and pooled items. Ok, I think we can live with this!
Tried calling Envelope_SortPointsEx() after AI points manipulation (when noSort==true)?
Seems to do the trick here.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #40
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Tried calling Envelope_SortPointsEx() after AI points manipulation (when noSort==true)?
Seems to do the trick here.
Good eyes, that was even easier. Thanks for having a look, I was pretty lost there devising a whole conquer-the-world scheme on how to approach this from a mathematical stand-point