Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
keyman_sam
Human being with feelings

Default How do I port my portable install to a normal install?

I want to update my R4b8 to R4RC, but I want to preserve all the settings, etc. God knows I've spent enough time configuring the shortcuts, the looks, plugins, etc

How do I make a smooth transition from my portable install to a fresh C install? Windows Vista 32-bit here!
keyman_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

Surely you have saved all the related configuration files you've been working so hard to adjust?

Preferences\General Settings and from there Export configuration...

Tick all the options to save everything and in the Save dialog give the lot a proper name (eg. Beta4_config_all). In portable installs these go by default into the Configurations folder, you might even want to make a safety backup copy from there.

Pretty easy way to verify that everything got exported and will import correctly is to do a totally new portable install somewhere. When that is done, go to Preferences, choose Import configuration... and browse to where your ReaperConfigZip was saved. Load that in and everything should be just like in your dearly tweaked version.

Knowing that your saved config-package works, you should now be free to install new and old versions whichever way you want to..you can always call back your custom settings this way.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote