Old 04-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #1
jp65535
Human being with feelings

Default Help! Reasamplomatic5000 [SOLVED]

Hi All,

I'm making my first leap into MIDI, Samples and drum replacement. And, it isn't going well.

I've got ReaGate set to provide the MIDI trigger from the kick drum track. I've got RS5K on a separate track; with the kick sample loaded. I've sent the trigger track to the sampler track as MIDI only (Audio = NONE). The sampler track is armed, and monitoring is turned on. (All per Kenny's and Jon's videos.)

It's "almost" working. I can hear the sample being play with each kick pulse. BUT...

The sample plays correctly ONE TIME. Then each time the sound is more of a click rather than the sound of the sample. (If the trigger only fires once every 2 seconds or so the sample plays and sounds correct. Not useful.)

The chosen sample plays perfectly from Media Explorer, as well as from any WAV player.

I've tried several different kick samples, from different sources. Always the clicking sound. I thought it was clipping, but turning the sampler track fader down just produces a lower level click.

I've tried using a different trigger (JS: Audio to MIDI Drum Trigger). Same results.

I've tried using a different sampler (VSTi: Grace). Same results.

I'm sure I've zigged when I should have zagged, but I'm not seeing what I've missed. Any help would be appreciated.

-------
~john~

Last edited by jp65535; 04-14-2018 at 12:08 PM.
jp65535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
bolgwrad

I've tried to reproduce it, using ReaGate on a rhythm guitar track to send a MIDI trigger to an RSM5 kick drum track.

It worked fine with Reagate on default parameters (apart from threshold), as long as I:

1) Made sure the note range in RSM5 accommodated the ReaGate MIDI note out (0-127 in this case)

2) Took BlueCat phaser off the guitar track(?!) With it running, no MIDI out for some reason. Are there FX on your kick source track?
bolgwrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
jp65535

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
Are there FX on your kick source track?
@bolgwrad Thanks for the reply.
I tried removing the effects, but it made no difference.

So, the answer is...
Routing. I had routed the sampler output to the KICK subgroup, which was routed to the DRUM sub, which was also sending to a 'Drum Crush' sub (which I had previously created as a test), but it was off screen and, like they say, out of sight - out of mind.

So, yes, I was clipping the heck out of the signal.

And now, the kick drum goes "thump", not "tick". Yay!

~john~
jp65535 is offline   Reply With Quote