Reposting here after request.

Bug, or just my incompetence

Having recorded midi notes,
then recorded mod-wheel:

Attached mp3 (zip), playing fine

Then gluing, it looks like this:

Looks fine, but..
playback is altered, see zip: 2 mp3s

Error occurred when mixing. Rendering the files in offline-mode was error-free. So, rendered in online-mode for the mp3s above.

File: rpp

v4rc1
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I just tried to substitute the ARIA Player quickly by Olga and get no oddities so far when rendering the FIPM'ed track online (or offline). Since some of the render issues seem to occur with sample based instruments, there's a chance that the VSTi plays an active role in that.

Sorry for the inconvenience but can you try what happens when you a) mute the other tracks to render the sax alone and b) when you record the output of the sax track to another track (in case glue doesn't work properly to combine the items) using Record: Output (MIDI) before rendering (in order to check whether it's the FIPM track or the VSTi glitching there)?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

There seems to be a bug in Reaper.

Select the glued item and open the MIDI editor and go to the list view. At position 8. 4.1.98 you'll see a ModWheel controller and at postion 9. 4.1.97 you'll see the first note of that item. As all MIDI events are listed successively, this can't be right. As soon as you click on the first note, they will be put in the right order and it'll play correctly.

HTH (somehow, at least)

EDIT: I tried to mute the other tracks BTW and it is the same.

-Data
Old 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Dang I think I've read something similar (click in event list to sort out the wrongness thing) before..somewhere...
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
I just tried to substitute the ARIA Player quickly by Olga and get no oddities so far when rendering the FIPM'ed track online (or offline). Since some of the render issues seem to occur with sample based instruments, there's a chance that the VSTi plays an active role in that.
Yes, I noticed the Aria-player can drop out if it doesn't get the right mod-wheel-data.

Quote:
Sorry for the inconvenience but can you try what happens when you a) mute the other tracks to render the sax alone and b) when you record the output of the sax track to another track (in case glue doesn't work properly to combine the items) using Record: Output (MIDI) before rendering (in order to check whether it's the FIPM track or the VSTi glitching there)?
I'll see if I can do it later today.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
G-Sun

Quote:

a) I get a difference. It's not playing right, but a difference.
b) Plays right. Though a little buggy behavior with some doubling of notes from the two track (one muted).
c) Replacing Aria-player with a TTS: Same error, no fix