Old 12-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default MOTU Windows 10 Drivers

Hey everyone.
In My home studio setup i use MOTu ultralite MK3 Hybrid with windows 10. Been a long tome mac user but switched to PC for about 1 year now and really no problem. The only problem i´ve been dealing with is the fact that MOTU doesnt write nice drivers for windows, well they do, for their newer interfaces. When I was using this interface on my old mac i used to have it running on firewire 400, no problems, even USB worked all Ok. On windows i have some problems. Sometimes the interface doesn´t recognise for first time boot, sometimes i have glitches, if I switch from Pro Tools sessions running at 96K to reaper in 44 it goes crazy, stuff like that.
I got used to it , i can manage things easy and when it goes good i don´t touch it.

I read on MOTU forum someone saying that using the VB Audio Software (kind of alternative ASIO4All from what i understood) he just bypass the normal WDM / ASIO driver and routes stuff around with no problem and that the driver runs better.

Just want to check if anyone is running that and how it behaves with reaper.

I Have a huge Album that i am mixing and much more work stuff that i need to have all working good, no failures , so i´a bit afraid of installing stuff and then i have to spend 1 full work day fixing it. Can´t really go that way..

I really Like the MOTU but...like this i am really think about replacing it for some RME or UAD interface..

Thanks.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote