Old 04-09-2019, 02:16 AM   #1
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Default CubicPack3...

Hi, all

CubicPack2 was ageing and probably too complicated to install. So, here is a new version which replaces it, with four updated themes in each of the two packs. The main differences from its predecessor are :

- The audio type of tracks is now the default. There are still layouts to have tracks without header, though.
- The icons graphic files in the official list have been integrated in each theme, this to allow the display of Reaper default main toolbar.
- No more scripts, added commands and .ini files : let’s make things simple, for now. Maybe I'll reintegrate them, at a point...
- The themes have been designed to be used with the -72/+6 dB volume fader range (Preferences>Appearance>Track Control Panels), but there are now duplicated layouts for the mixer that allow the use of a -72/+12dB one.
- Use of some recently released theming features (_norec png files...).
- Numerous graphic and Walter changes, especially on what was the Frema equivalent. I lost the track of all what have been tweaked, edited, redesigned and rewritten during the four last months...

The links :
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2310/CubicPack3.zip
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2309/C...DarkThemes.zip

Hope it will be useful for some of you...

Last edited by cubic13; 04-09-2019 at 03:41 AM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:43 AM   #2
+NRG

Beautiful work as always! B)
Old 04-09-2019, 05:21 AM   #3
johnnynash

Beautiful work!
johnnynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #4
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
Hi, all

CubicPack2 was ageing and probably too complicated to install. So, here is a new version which replaces it, with four updated themes in each of the two packs. The main differences from its predecessor are :

- The audio type of tracks is now the default. There are still layouts to have tracks without header, though.
- The icons graphic files in the official list have been integrated in each theme, this to allow the display of Reaper default main toolbar.
- No more scripts, added commands and .ini files : let’s make things simple, for now. Maybe I'll reintegrate them, at a point...
- The themes have been designed to be used with the -72/+6 dB volume fader range (Preferences>Appearance>Track Control Panels), but there are now duplicated layouts for the mixer that allow the use of a -72/+12dB one.
- Use of some recently released theming features (_norec png files...).
- Numerous graphic and Walter changes, especially on what was the Frema equivalent. I lost the track of all what have been tweaked, edited, redesigned and rewritten during the four last months...

The links :
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2310/CubicPack3.zip
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2309/C...DarkThemes.zip

Hope it will be useful for some of you...
Very nice. It's what Cubase wishes it looked like. Easy on the eyes, great detail, nice colors. It's the first time I've used your themes, I can't see any meter reading feedback. Which TCP / MCP layout would show that?

Edit: just had to make the MCP tracks taller and the meter readout appears.

Last edited by talustalus; 04-09-2019 at 06:55 AM. Reason: fixerror
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #5
cubic13

@+NRG & johnnynash
Thanks to both of you...

@talustalus
Thanks also.
Concerning the "meter feedback", do you mean the peak values ? They appear only for "large" mixer layouts (due to a theming limitation : if the meter width is under 21 pixels, the value display might be truncated, so I disabled the peak values display for "narrow" layouts of CubeX, as well as for the Cube6 themes).
Otherwise, and for the "R" versions of CubeX themes (the ones which have redimensionable mixer panels), the peak values are displayed for every panels height, here, even when shrinking a panel until a knob appear instead of the fader thumb. Let me know if there is still a problem...

Last edited by cubic13; 04-09-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
talustalus

Quote:
@+NRG & johnnynash
Thanks to both of you...

@talustalus
Thanks also.
Concerning the "meter feedback", do you mean the peak values ? They appear only for "large" mixer layouts (due to a theming limitation : if the meter width is under 21 pixels, the value display might be truncated, so I disabled the peak values display for "narrow" layouts of CubeX, as well as for the Cube6 themes).
Otherwise, and for the "R" versions of CubeX themes (the ones which have redimensionable mixer panels), the peak values are displayed for every panels height, here, even when shrinking a panel until a knob appear instead of the fader thumb. Let me know if there is still a problem...
Cool, that describes my experience. Very nice overall.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
talustalus

Quote:
@+NRG & johnnynash
Thanks to both of you...

@talustalus
Thanks also.
Actually, I had re-read your description. I think I'm supposed to see the peak values on any non-narrow MCP layout on the non-X themes, but I can't. Maybe because I'm on a 4k? I don't know.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.48.49 AM.png (57.5 KB, 629 views)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #8
cubic13

Thanks again to you all...

@talustalus
I wrote it in an ambiguous way previously, sorry. Actually, I also had to disable the peak values display for the Cube6 themes range because the meters don't have the necessary width to display the peak values in all cases (14 pixels, as there must be 21).

If you are not afraid to tweak the theme, you can partially solve this on your end (allowing a display on 14 pixels) :

1) Make a copy of the Cube6.ReaperThemeZip theme file in a safe place, change its extension to .zip and unzip it.
2) You should now have both a Cube6 folder (containing all the graphic files) and a Cube6.ReaperTheme file (the one containing the settings adjusted in the Theme development/tweaker window).
3) In the folder, there is a rtconfig.txt file which contains all the Walter instructions of the theme and can be edited with a raw text editor (Notepad or equivalent) : open it.
4) Edit the line #359 which contain this :

Code:
set mcp.meter.readout.color [0 0 0 0 225 32 32 255]
to get this :

Code:
set mcp.meter.readout.color [150 155 160 255 225 32 32 255]
5) Save the modification done.
6) Rezip together both the folder and the .ReaperTheme file, change back the extension to .ReaperThemeZip and reput it in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation.

You should now see the peak values, but with only two digits, as there is only 14 pixels to display them and (this is one of the most irritating themeing limitation) we cannot change the font used : it's hardcoded somewhere in the Reaper.exe file, I guess.
You can even go further, though - but with a graphic glitch affecting the mixer panel when selected - to get a full view of the peak values. Still in the rtconfig.txt file, edit the lines #354, 358 & #359, this time, to get this :

Code:
set mcp.volume [39 22 16 237 aTB]
set mcp.meter [58 24 21 233 aTB]
Let me know how things are going...
Old 04-10-2019, 03:08 AM   #9
Chris Hurst Music

Again - these look great!

A couple of questions (one of which we've discussed before):

What Font have you used for the TCP?

What's the best way to try and have longer track names?

Thanks again - really good work. I happen to really like the look of Cubase 10, so this is a great looking theme to me.
Chris Hurst Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:12 AM   #10
talustalus

Quote:
Thanks again to you all...

@talustalus
I wrote it in an ambiguous way previously, sorry. Actually, I also had to disable the peak values display for the Cube6 themes range because the meters don't have the necessary width to display the peak values in all cases (14 pixels, as there must be 21).

If you are not afraid to tweak the theme, you can partially solve this on your end (allowing a display on 14 pixels) :

1) Make a copy of the Cube6.ReaperThemeZip theme file in a safe place, change its extension to .zip and unzip it.
2) You should now have both a Cube6 folder (containing all the graphic files) and a Cube6.ReaperTheme file (the one containing the settings adjusted in the Theme development/tweaker window).
3) In the folder, there is a rtconfig.txt file which contains all the Walter instructions of the theme and can be edited with a raw text editor (Notepad or equivalent) : open it.
4) Edit the line #359 which contain this :

Code:
set mcp.meter.readout.color [0 0 0 0 225 32 32 255]
to get this :

Code:
5) Save the modification done.
6) Rezip together both the folder and the .ReaperTheme file, change back the extension to .ReaperThemeZip and reput it in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation.

You should now see the peak values, but with only two digits, as there is only 14 pixels to display them and (this is one of the most irritating themeing limitation) we cannot change the font used : it's hardcoded somewhere in the Reaper.exe file, I guess.
You can even go further, though - but with a graphic glitch affecting the mixer panel when selected - to get a full view of the peak values. Still in the rtconfig.txt file, edit the lines #354, 358 & #359, this time, to get this :

Code:
set mcp.volume [39 22 16 237 aTB]
set mcp.meter [58 24 21 233 aTB]
Let me know how things are going...
Legend! This worked. Thanks. It's great to be able to see the value even if no decimal, as this is sufficient enough for my needs. Thx.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #11
LCipher

awesome! I'll have to try this version .

Been using the previous Cubic for years on a daily basis. GREAT theme.

Love the look of Cubasis but REAPER works so much faster - this is the perfect combination.
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #12
vanhaze

Oustanding Theme work as always, thank you so much for the updates !!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #13
Delucci

Nice!! Thanks for the update, I'll check it.
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:45 AM   #14
laban1

Default Basic question - getting the tools to appear and work

Basic question - getting the tools to work

Old thread, hope there's someone there

Hi! I've been a Cubase user for too long, looking for a more stable system (you remember?),
stumbled across this neat theme, great.
Now it's just getting it to work This is my first post in this forum

Like in the attached picture I got the shell but no tools on top.

Firstly the Install - anything wrong?

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper - here is where I put the files:
1) 4 of ReaperThemeZip goes into the ColorThemes folder that was there`- done
2) 8 of ReaperMenu files put into a MenuSets folder I had to create. - done
3) 2 of tollbarIconsSet folders goes where??
This part I'm most uncertain about because the pdf doesn't tell.
I've tried:
a) in the root - OK??
C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper
b) in the toolbar_icons folder under Data - OK??
C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper\Data\toolbar_ icons

--------------

Secondly - How do I get the tools to appear (like in the other pic)?

Looked under View, under Options > Layouts - no luck.
From pdf: "The added .ReaperMenu files are actually toolbars to be used with the themes ;
they should be put in the \MenuSets of the same Reaper installation,
then loaded with the Customize menus/toolbars window"
I found Customize menus/toolbars window under Options,
then a lot of options and I cant find the Toolbar names anywhere.
Don't know if I have to custom import every tool or if the just
magicallay appear with the right knowledge.

Hope someone can help, much appreciate it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper_CubicPack3 theme.JPG (31.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg reaper_CubicPack3 theme with tools.JPG (15.8 KB, 135 views)
laban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:07 AM   #15
laban1

No replies
Maybe this was the wrong place to post this question..
laban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:43 AM   #16
emwhy

Cubic13 helped me with some theming a while back through the forum, but he has since stopped using Reaper and gone back to his other DAW of choice. Odds are he doesn't check these posts anymore.
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:50 AM   #17
pits06

Default missing volume sliders in cubick3 track pannel

Hi, i use cube6R theme , everything works perfect except i'm missing the volume sliders on each track, i went to the layout track pannel but it s not there either, in the actions?

thanks
pits06 is offline   Reply With Quote