Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
bharris
Human being with feelings

Default Waves API Bundle?

I see this is the mid-December special at Waves (less than $200 at Waves Universe). Does anyone have experience with these plugs, good or bad? Would these provide any compression/eq character that I could not get, for example, with Nebula? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
bharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Nip

I am bit tempted myself on this deal - but have never tried them.

API2500 I read many comments giving a nice character. And the EQ's 550 etc are often mentioned by mixing engineers.

But if you need them - I have no idea.

Compressors are always handy to have a bunch - that is often my idea when buying. Not all work well on all material.

Finding out what works where - is part of my learning process.

But if going from strict need - I don't need it per se. But they would probably work their way in to projects in time.

Quite a lot on sale right now - you might be better of with CLA Compressors if not having them. No EQ there though.

The JJP Analog legends are a bunch of useful stuff too. Not on sale so much right now though.

Kramer TTT is really good stuff. Both compressor, EQ and tape emulation. A bit cheaper than API.

Last edited by Nip; 12-13-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
bharris

Thanks! I manage to convince myself that I "need" a lot of this stuff, even though I am sure I don't .

I do have the TTT bundle, as well as Gold and SSL. The sale on API may be too good to pass up - I have never seen it this low (and can't imagine it going lower anytime soon).
bharris is offline   Reply With Quote