Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
kailuamusicschool
Human being with feelings

Default SWS Resources Problem

Im trying to use the SWS track template load and save system and it is making weird problems when there is a folder involved. When I go to update the tracks it adds several folder sublevels
kailuamusicschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Jeffos
Mortal

yes, it is normal the "auto-fill" (top left button) will scan sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc.. => if the folder is a leaf, just change the current dir (right-click on that auto-fill button > "Set auto-fill directory.."), if the folder contains sub-folders (with templates), just drag'n'drop the needed files from ean explorer/finder.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
pipelineaudio
Mortal

oops, I meant folder tracks. Im not sure Im doing it right
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
semiquaver
Human being with feelings

while were here i have a problem on mac with template resoursces: the templates work fine until I open a new project. Then I get a "could not find" error and the template file name in question is padded with a bunch of commas and other crazy charachters: eg "could not find "Templates/,,,,,,Pianoteq,,,%,,,,,"
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

this feature could be so amazingly powerful for multi song projects sharing say the same drum template
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Jeffos
Mortal

@pipe: ha! ok! sorry for the Englitch when you save a track that belongs to a folder, all the other tracks of that folder + the parent track are saved together in the template file (REAPER does that too). So when you "apply" such a file to a track, best effort: it will only use the first track of the file (so, here, the parent, with its folder state), hence the sublevels. Not sure applying a folder template to a normal/single track makes sense.. I'll add a warning message (such files with bundled tracks are more likely to be "imported" as new tracks rather than "applied" to existing tracks). HTH!

@semiquaver: what is your sws version? I have good hope it has been already fixed some time ago: can you confirm v2.2.0 #13 fixes it (avail here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list) ?
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote