Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2017, 04:09 AM   #1
Velvien
Human being with feelings

Default New to REAPER, have a couple questions/issues

Working on music for a video game, and I've taken to REAPER for arranging with VSTs. I'm mostly doing this by adding in MIDI segments from elsewhere, and then trying to clean it up note for note. I'll admit some of these questions are a bit centered on the VSTs I'm using rather than REAPER itself, but I figure I'll ask anyways.

1. Probably the big one; is there a way to alter the FX being used at certain points? When I import MIDI, the instrumental changes I included stay, but when I try to just build from scratch, I seem locked into whatever settings I have the VST set to originally, with no way to have different notes have a different sound. An example: one of the riffs I'm trying to make here alternates between muted and non-muted chords, but I'm not sure how to make that happen in REAPER.

2. I'm finding that whenever I close the project and open it later, the VSTs are all changed back to their default settings. Is there a way to keep that from happening? This is most notably happening with the "Revitar" VST.

3. Trying to use the VST "Lethality R V112" for one of the guitar tracks, but I keep running into the same problem. Whenever I try to add a note below E4, it just simply doesn't sound at all. Anyone have a workaround for that at all?

That's all that comes to mind for now, although I'm sure I'll have more. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Velvien is offline   Reply With Quote