Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-27-2024, 10:43 AM   #1
Merovie
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a male-to-female vocals effects plugin?

There is a pedal called the FLAMMA FV03 Character Vocal Effects Pedal, and it's OK for stage use, but barring having an actual female vocalist sing on the tracks, I'd like to do the vocals myself
Merovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:37 PM   #2
mschnell

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCYTqDSUbvU
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:46 AM   #3
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
From a thirdperson point of view watching where we are going with tech and "AI" it is so cool! it can be done with all due respect for Celine Dion
I have not done any research on this one but my first thought is, the better AI, the better and incredible the result is, surely the catch is that we have to use a company server/cloud, upload our stuff?
Cool anyway

Last edited by SmajjL; 03-28-2024 at 08:18 AM. Reason: *doh!*
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:24 AM   #4
ScuzzyEye

If a pedal is doing it in real time, it's likely a pitch and formant shifter combined.

I don't think ReaTune has a formant shifter, but most vocal tuning effects do. Of course there's Auto-Tune, but also Celemony Melodyne (Assistant edition and above), Synchro Arts RePitch and Revoice can do it, Brainworx bx_crispytuner, and where I first figured out the effect Neptune that's included with Reason Studio. Those are the ones I know off the top of my head, in case you already have access to one of them.
ScuzzyEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:53 AM   #5
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzyEye View Post
and where I first figured out the effect Neptune that's included with Reason Studio. Those are the ones I know off the top of my head, in case you already have access to one of them.
This stuff have not got my attention until this thread and i am certain! i have use for this and i do have Reason 12
Anything that works that does have no hints of intergalactic smurfs with smoking issues would be great, thanks for the tip!

Ps, nope, the results in the video is on another league *speaking for myself*

Last edited by SmajjL; 03-28-2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:02 AM   #6
ScuzzyEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
Ps, nope, the results in the video is on another league *speaking for myself*
The AI vocal replacement is different than a gender changing effect. I doubt the pedal mentioned in the first post is doing the AI stuff. It'd be the usual pitch+formant.

I know of one AI vocal replacer plug-in from Vocaloid: Vocalo Changer. (Also the stand-alone Vocaloid 6 can take recorded vocals as an input and have one of the virtual voices use that as a guide—the plug-in is based on that tech.)

Oh, and iZotope Nectar 4 has a weird vocal bending AI that does sort of backing doubles, if you're only looking to thicken up a vocal, not make a full lead.

Last edited by ScuzzyEye; 03-28-2024 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added note about Nectar
ScuzzyEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:25 PM   #7
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzyEye View Post
The AI vocal replacement is different than a gender changing effect. I doubt the pedal mentioned in the first post is doing the AI stuff. It'd be the usual pitch+formant.

I know of one AI vocal replacer plug-in from Vocaloid: Vocalo Changer. (Also the stand-alone Vocaloid 6 can take recorded vocals as an input and have one of the virtual voices use that as a guide—the plug-in is based on that tech.)

Oh, and iZotope Nectar 4 has a weird vocal bending AI that does sort of backing doubles, if you're only looking to thicken up a vocal, not make a full lead.
Volcano Changer had an easy way to try the demo right away and it is in the Right direction of what i'm looking for, i'll try more tomorrow and also, see if it works through WINE
Ps, and my needs are NOT, to recreate Celine Dion.. it's just that "STEM" separation is a thing nowdays.
I'll play with some fancy filters/EQ shapes and what have we until i find something Linux friendly, thanks for the motivation!

Last edited by SmajjL; 03-29-2024 at 05:38 AM.