Old 01-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Mixing and *EXPORTING* impulses?

Anyone know of a plugin or program that can mix two or more impulses together and (AND this is the important AND) export them them as a new impulse?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Eyo-sure_there's this cool programme called reaper.
It does that you want =reaverb.mix then render-reaload as new 'impulse'..simple right?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Doesn't that do it in serial?

I guess I should clarify, this is for multiple mic impulses on a guitar cabinet for instance
Old 01-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #4
Bri1
Banned

Aye -thing with reaper is flexibilities--so thinking flexible is what comes from using it-- you can do it a few ways-- straight in the arrange area (basic waveform layering/mixing) in serial or parallel with reaverb-or a combination of all... it's a massive playground with the right mindset and knowing what the tools can do for you--which i kinda do--so i can just shooby doo wup oooh a lot more while i play in that ground. =)
In reaverb you can even deconvolve 2 waveforms-to form a new 1.. it only needs a tiny trigger for the convolution (you just record the wet if you want).
A good instructional video is looong overdue--cough__ video makers...
Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

impulse *responses* are just wave files

Import them to separate tracks, mix, render time selection.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Looks like MixIR2 can actually do this as well
Old 01-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Lol--echo echo.. bruv why get bloated with extra servings on the plate-- you have a full meal with reaper-no need for expensive chinese take-outs when you have a platter like this.. yummy-seems odd a lot of older users not knowing what the programme does after many years using... *scratches head-then goes away to scratch some audio*
Are native solutions and plugins not good enough for users so they have to keep buying and going elsewhere??
Old 01-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
pipelineaudio
Mortal

For me its a convenience thing. I mix it exactly how I want, while playing my guitar and then hit a single button and its done.

I get REALLY worried when making impulses about a single sample here or there when trimming and drive myself nuts second guessing and null testing. Since I already owned it from a big Redwirez pack its worth it to me, but yeah, ReaVerb is amazing
Old 01-08-2018, 04:58 AM   #9
Bri1
Banned

Lol- seems odd a request now when it appears ya having 2 ways in your pocket already--- is that not convenient or wot.
A lot of life's so called luxuries of convenience actually make MORE work sometimes.. heh life is such a wonderfull teacher.
So-did reaverb work already? made your own room impulses with it for fun yet?
Tip- file>>gain/stretch/trim>>filter.. using the positioning and length controls can give some exellent results--almost endless variety with toneshaping there.
Short samples and lengths turn reaverb into an 'envelope follower' in effect. =)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Trying to figure out a way to get it to render where it will null with the original mix right now. I think I'm getting close, but this is why I brought it up in the first place. A single sample here or there can make this EXTREMELY tricky to get right. There are a lot of factors to consider in making a mix of two wavs the same as what you are hearing in ReaVerb. And even if you get all of that right, if it isn't trimmed correctly, it still will not null

Trying to get a fire and forget methodology here. If I do, I'll make a video

It seems like a lot of the posts above came without an appreciation of the nuances involved in this
Old 01-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #11
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Here's my RPP so far to try and make this repeatable. I can go in and trim and get nulls, but its a guessing game, if anyone has suggestions on how to improve this, let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz7y1pxkxb...fault.rpp?dl=0