Old 09-16-2019, 01:52 AM   #121
Flavio
Human being with feelings

has anyone found the way to make the XT1 follow the channel selection made in reaper?
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:50 AM   #122
mschnell

Supposedly you should better ask in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #123
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
has anyone found the way to make the XT1 follow the channel selection made in reaper?
It works with the latest firmware. Works perfectly on my end.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #124
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
It works with the latest firmware. Works perfectly on my end.
You sure? There is not a 'latest firmare'. I mean, the latest firmware was released one year ago (V. 1.07) and it did not fix this issue.
Are you talking about XT 1 or another XT model?

EDIT: This is stated in the Readme file included in the firmware 1.07:

Channel selection:
This update brings new functionality to most of the Preset-supported DAWs:
Mouse-click on the DAW screen (for selecting a channel), will now update the X-TOUCH ONE hardware too.

Supported DAWs:
Ableton Live
Steinberg Cubase
Apple Logic
Presonus Studio One
Avid ProTools

NOT supported DAWs:
Cockos Reaper
Tracktion / Waveform

Recommendations:
For Reaper and Tracktion / Waveform it is not required to update to firmware 1.07.

Last edited by Flavio; 09-18-2019 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #125
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
I have an XT1. Yes, that is how it works. I use the XT1 in MCU operation mode. You select a Track in the DAW and the XT1 is the active controller for that selected track. Even with the prior version of firmware, that's how it worked but you had to press an additional button on the XT1 after selecting the track in the DAW. The v1.07 update made it so there were no additional button presses needed.
Seems to be conflicting info on whether the XT1 will follow the channel fader of any selected track in Reaper (without using any channel select or bank function on the XT1). Some people saying yes and I'm sure they are correct. Maybe the firmware notes aren't correct. Someone should make a video testing it!
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:56 AM   #126
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Someone should make a video testing it!
Yes please!
Old 09-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #127
themixtape

Yes the XT1 has MIDI CC mode, where you can make everything on it be a MIDI CC. The thing is, I can't figure a way to get the X-Touch One to work both in Mackie Control Mode (Klinke) AND MIDI CC mode, without getting the damn Reaper error, when midi ports conflict with the Midi Input settings.... it's like you have to do a bunch of steps when you're in MIDI mode, just to be in MIDI mode.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #128
Bobcat

Default This is my second X-Touch One with the same defect - No button back lights

I sent back the X-Touch and received another having the same problem. Before I send this one back for a refund I thought I would ask is this a known problem? I know one known problem: tech support at Behringer is absolutely a mess.

The problem: I have X-Touch connected to Reaper with all of the buttons I've assigned working. I set the controller setup to Reaper. So I am connected via USB. Why don't the buttons nor the display light up? The lights are good for: scrub wheel, LCD screen and when you press the Master button - but nothing else lights up - but the buttons I've assigned respond to Reaper. Remember, this is my second new unit. Two out of 2 have this identical problem. The Zzounds folks are not familiar with this surface controller so they are of no help.

I created a tech support ticket on Behringer which the auto response stated, "Will respond the next business day. After waiting 5 days the response I got was, "Did you connect the unit to power?" From the way it was written, looks like the tech support was from India .

Any responses appreciated.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #129
themixtape

Mine's fine. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and no issues whatsoever. The mode you might be in though is Midi CC or CCRel mode.... double-check.

you can hold the STOP button and hit the encoder top and it lets you pick the mode you're in.

For Reaper, use either Mackie Standard or Mackie Reaper.

Works just fine.

And yes, Behringer's tech support is shite. And what's worse, their forum/community/Music Tribe thing is the WORST DESIGNED WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Forum? Not much of one.

This? Thank god for this forum, and its design. Behringer needs to stick with something that has worked for many years-- this type of forum. Their forum is seriously the crappiest, most terribly functional website I have ever had the displeasure to not find anything I need. The only way to find drivers/manuals for stuff is literally to google it and hope for the best.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:20 AM   #130
Bobcat

Thank you themixtape for your assistance. I did state that I have Reaper working and the mode is for Reaper. The mode nor MIDI CC has nothing to do with the button and screen not lighting up. Two out of two having the same problem.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #131
Gadd23

Follow track selection in DAW works for me now. I select "MC Std" mode in XT1 an Mackie Control Universal in Control Surfaces in Reaper.

Firmware 1.07
Gadd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #132
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Seems to be conflicting info on whether the XT1 will follow the channel fader of any selected track in Reaper (without using any channel select or bank function on the XT1). Some people saying yes and I'm sure they are correct. Maybe the firmware notes aren't correct. Someone should make a video testing it!
Sorry, I'm not using Reaper that much recently. My current work is more focused towards doing Audio/Video editing work for YouTube video production and therefore I'm using Vegas Pro most frequently and using the XT1 with VP16 using the Vegas Mackie MCU Emulator driver. Therefore, I can confirm the XT1 with v1.07 firmware does work this way using Vegas Pro as my host and suspect if it's not working this way with Reaper, then it may be a Reaper specific issue.

P.S. I just read Gadd23's comment and the way he has the XT1 setup in Reaper is the way I'm using it in Vegas by selecting "MCU Universal control surface" driver in my host (ie VP16). I'm using "MC User" instead of "MC Std" on the XT1. MC User is the same as MC Std except MC User lets you take the MC Std button assignments and modify them.

Hopefully, that helps.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #133
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBreed View Post

Could the XT1 be the perfect DAW controller for a small/hobby studio user such as myself? I saw a Faderport 8, renewed on eBay but I am not comfortable spending that much money, although I know that it does midi cc besides its usual role. Controlling track volume, pan, midi CCs and plugin parameters with something other than the mouse is really enticing.
I felt the XT1 was the perfect hobby studio controller. I also looked at the FP8 and here were my thoughts. I felt the XT1 had a better upgrade path in that if I could evaluate how I felt the XT1 was meeting my needs and if I later decided I needed more fader channels such as the FP8 has, then I could later purchase the Behringer X-Touch extender which is suppose to essentially allow you to use the extender with the X-Touch 1 together.

Here is the X-Touch Extender where if combined with the XT1 you would essentially have a control surface which would likely exceed the capabilities of the FP8

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XTO...ruments&sr=1-1

Then there is also the Behringer X-Touch Universal which is a combined XT1 and the Extender in one unit similar to the FP8.
https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XTO...s%2C157&sr=8-4
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #134
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadd23 View Post
Follow track selection in DAW works for me now. I select "MC Std" mode in XT1 an Mackie Control Universal in Control Surfaces in Reaper.

Firmware 1.07
Hi
can you also control the plugin with this configuration?

TX!
Old 10-23-2019, 01:49 AM   #135
moss

Since I could get an X-Touch One I updated my MCU support in DrivenByMoss a bit for this device. See https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209
moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:03 AM   #136
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Since I could get an X-Touch One I updated my MCU support in DrivenByMoss a bit for this device. See https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209
Thanks Moss!
does this driver control the plugins and follow the track selection?
Old 10-23-2019, 05:07 AM   #137
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
Thanks Moss!
does this driver control the plugins and follow the track selection?
Yes, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLDLYiaIeFE
The video is for Bitwig but it does the same with Reaper.
moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #138
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Yes, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLDLYiaIeFE
The video is for Bitwig but it does the same with Reaper.
Thanks Moss!
Old 11-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #139
fak0u

Hello, I've been interested in the XT1 for quite some time but saw that it didn"t work properly with REAPER, what's the status on the XT1/REAPER as of late November 2019 ?
Does it work 100% now ?
fak0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #140
mschnell

I suppose there is no consensus what might be meant by "works 100 %" as everybody might have a different workflow in mind.

Take a look at the "CSI" thread in the "Control Surfaces" Reaper forum to find out about ways to make it happen.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 11-24-2019 at 10:23 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #141
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by fak0u View Post
Hello, I've been interested in the XT1 for quite some time but saw that it didn"t work properly with REAPER, what's the status on the XT1/REAPER as of late November 2019 ?
Does it work 100% now ?

See my post above:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=130
Old 11-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #142
Edwood

Is there a link to the Firmware? Thanks
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:57 AM   #143
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Is there a link to the Firmware? Thanks
https://www.behringer.com/Categories...oogtrans(en|en)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #144
Edwood

Thank you
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 02:28 PM   #145
themixtape

Following up, here.

I picked up an X-Touch One for dirt cheap recently and yeah. It doesn't follow the track when you click the mouse, most of the time (tried MC Standard, MC Reaper, MC User, etc). I tried firmware 1.10 and 1.07. Seems I had better luck without weird behavior, with 1.07, so I stuck with that.

I got it to work only one way (hold STOP, hit encoder button to pick between the modes), and whatever mode I chose (I believe it was MC Standard), half of the other stuff didn't work on the controller. This was using the standard Mackie Control Universal protocol in Reaper's Control Surface in Preferences, NOT Klinke (which is better, but Windows-only). Klinke seems to have the XT1 follow the track, way more than the regular protocol, or, easier I should say.

My solution? Use DrivenByMoss, as always!!!

Version 21.2 or whatever (from 8/19/2023)-- you're able to click the track with mouse (or directly select it from a midi button controller, etc)... and the X-Touch One follows it. Not only that, Moss allows F1-F5 to be assigned to any Reaper Action.

AND, you can track down/up with the directional pad. It's slightly slower than "Channel < >" but, it works.

Moss saves the day, ALWAYS.

Last edited by themixtape; 08-22-2023 at 02:46 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 04:07 PM   #146
King Stupid

"It doesn't follow the track when you click the mouse"
what do you mean by that?
King Stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 06:56 PM   #147
themixtape

It means-- if you click on a track in the Track Control Panel (TCP) with the mouse... the X-Touch One doesn't show the track you clicked on.

It's supposed to be a bi-directional thing. Whatever track you select on the X-Touch One reflects as the "selected track" on the screen in Reaper... and, whatever track you select inside Reaper (on the TCP, or the Mixer), shows on the X-Touch One.

Hope that clarifies!
Old 08-22-2023, 07:03 PM   #148
King Stupid

Quote:
It means-- if you click on a track in the Track Control Panel (TCP) with the mouse... the X-Touch One doesn't show the track you clicked on.

It's supposed to be a bi-directional thing. Whatever track you select on the X-Touch One reflects as the "selected track" on the screen in Reaper... and, whatever track you select inside Reaper (on the TCP, or the Mixer), shows on the X-Touch One.

Hope that clarifies!
Interesting. When I click on a track from my mixer or track window, mine does. Perhaps we are talking about different things.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:10 PM   #149
themixtape

I'm very curious about your settings:

1. which firmware are you on
2. Which Reaper Control Surface protocol are you using (MCU, MCU Klinke, DrivenByMoss, CSI, etc)
3. Which "mode" are you using on your X-Touch One (MC Std, MC Reap, MC User, MC S1, etc)

Because for most of us, this does not work. It works for me, using DrivenByMoss. But no other basic way.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:53 PM   #150
King Stupid

Quote:
I'm very curious about your settings:

1. which firmware are you on
2. Which Reaper Control Surface protocol are you using (MCU, MCU Klinke, DrivenByMoss, CSI, etc)
3. Which "mode" are you using on your X-Touch One (MC Std, MC Reap, MC User, MC S1, etc)

Because for most of us, this does not work. It works for me, using DrivenByMoss. But no other basic way.
I'll post tomorrow morning with my settings. I do like that you go tracks with up/down buttons though. Mine just does screen up and down and left and right
Old 08-23-2023, 07:18 AM   #151
King Stupid

Firmware 1.10
Mackie Control Dev 6.6
Reaper mide.

However, now that im testing it, I see that you are correct.

There are some tracks it will go to when clicked, and some it will not.
I will test more today, it appears to have somethign to do with content and routing on which it will work with on clicking the track.

I'm glad I found this thread, in case I needed to use the xtouch in a way I havent been and ran into the issues described.