Old 05-17-2022, 06:27 AM   #1
Rickyneg
Human being with feelings

Default Reapack efects have disappeared

My Reapack effects have disappeared from my songs. Just gone, not in effects any more. I have downloaded the .dll file (reaper_reapack-x64.dll), but can't find the proper directory to put it in so they show up again. can someone help me please?
Rickyneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:32 AM   #2
domzy

should go in your "user plugins" folder

(you can find that with the "show REAPER resource path..." in options)
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:50 AM   #3
Rickyneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
should go in your "user plugins" folder

(you can find that with the "show REAPER resource path..." in options)
It's in there. Still cant find them.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #4
domzy

can you explain what's happened in more detail?

is ReaPack working?

are you saying that you had previously installed some fx via ReaPack & now those fx aren't available?
Old 05-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #5
Rickyneg

Quote:
can you explain what's happened in more detail?

is ReaPack working?

are you saying that you had previously installed some fx via ReaPack & now those fx aren't available?
Yes. They are no longer in available in my songs. I can load Reapack but the effects (Reaeq, Reaverb, ReaChorus, etc.) are unavailable.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:19 AM   #6
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyneg View Post
Yes. They are no longer in available in my songs. I can load Reapack but the effects (Reaeq, Reaverb, ReaChorus, etc.) are unavailable.
i'm confused, ReaPack has nothing to do with ReaEQ, ReaVerb etc.

is your problem with Reaper's built-in plugins?
Old 05-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #7
Rickyneg

Quote:
i'm confused, ReaPack has nothing to do with ReaEQ, ReaVerb etc.

is your problem with Reaper's built-in plugins?
I guess so.Not sure how they work or where they reside on my computer.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:59 PM   #8
dug dog

On a Windows machine, the Reaper installer will put these plug-ins, by default, in "C:Program Files>Reaper(X64)>Plugins>FX". So, if they're missing, a reinstall should bring them back for you, unless, for some reason, you've been using the VST versions of those same Reaplugs. That's a different animal.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:52 AM   #9
Rickyneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
On a Windows machine, the Reaper installer will put these plug-ins, by default, in "C:Program Files>Reaper(X64)>Plugins>FX". So, if they're missing, a reinstall should bring them back for you, unless, for some reason, you've been using the VST versions of those same Reaplugs. That's a different animal.
Yes, when the warning comes up with what won't load, they are listed as VST.

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.
Track 2: VST: ReaControlMIDI (Cockos)
Track 2: VST: ReaDelay (Cockos)
Track 7: VST: ReaVerb (Cockos)
Track 7: VST: ReaVerbate (Cockos)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:49 AM   #10
domzy

yeah, sounds like your Reaper might be corrupted or something (presuming you haven't moved any files / folders from where Reaper put them)

i would think a clean re-install will fix things, hopefully.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:21 AM   #11
dug dog

I gave you some bad info there- sorry. I shouldn't have called them "VST Versions". What I meant was that there were free versions of the Reaplugs that were released for use in other DAWs and, in the unlikely case that you'd installed and were using those, they would not be located in the same place as the "native" versions.

Try a re-install of Reaper to see what happens.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #12
Rickyneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
I gave you some bad info there- sorry. I shouldn't have called them "VST Versions". What I meant was that there were free versions of the Reaplugs that were released for use in other DAWs and, in the unlikely case that you'd installed and were using those, they would not be located in the same place as the "native" versions.

Try a re-install of Reaper to see what happens.
Did it already, no difference. A real brain teaser.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:08 PM   #13
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyneg View Post
Track 2: VST: ReaControlMIDI (Cockos)
Track 2: VST: ReaDelay (Cockos)
Track 7: VST: ReaVerb (Cockos)
Track 7: VST: ReaVerbate (Cockos)

Are you able to add these FX to a new project?

EDIT: If the answer is yes, then I think there are 2 possibilities (but other users are more knowledgeable). Either your individual project file has somehow been corrupted, or you were using the "free" versions of Reaplugs that I referenced earlier.

Last edited by dug dog; 05-18-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:48 AM   #14
SoundGuyDave

After searching, this is the closest thread to what I am experiencing. Somewhere along the line, a bunch of my "ReaWhatever" plugins have disappeared from the menu, and I would love some help getting them back. I checked the FX directory, and the .dll files are there, but they don't show up in either the Cockos or "All Plugins" menus when trying to add to a track... I did try adding the "C:Program Files>Reaper(X64)>Plugins>FX" to the VST scan list in Preferences, but that didn't find them either.

Any ideas short of a full wipe and re-install? I would hate to lose all the custom settings that I've tweaked in...
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaMissing small.png (249.4 KB, 70 views)
SoundGuyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 04:07 AM   #15
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyDave View Post
After searching, this is the closest thread to what I am experiencing. Somewhere along the line, a bunch of my "ReaWhatever" plugins have disappeared from the menu, and I would love some help getting them back. I checked the FX directory, and the .dll files are there, but they don't show up in either the Cockos or "All Plugins" menus when trying to add to a track... I did try adding the "C:Program Files>Reaper(X64)>Plugins>FX" to the VST scan list in Preferences, but that didn't find them either.

Any ideas short of a full wipe and re-install? I would hate to lose all the custom settings that I've tweaked in...
Why do you have there ReaPlugs versions?
You won't lose anything, if you just install it over the existing install. Download latest version and install to the same folder.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:18 AM   #16
SoundGuyDave

Thanks for the reply. I installed the reapack in hopes it would restore the missing plus, but to no avail....

Just to confirm, if I do a complete reinstallation, it will NOT overwrite any of the key bindings, theme mods, etc?
Old 01-04-2023, 12:16 PM   #17
vitalker

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I installed the reapack in hopes it would restore the missing plus, but to no avail....

Just to confirm, if I do a complete reinstallation, it will NOT overwrite any of the key bindings, theme mods, etc?
Reapack isn't for VST!
If you reinstall, then you'll lose everything. If you upgrade/downgrade even to same version, then you got everything untouched.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:58 PM   #18
SoundGuyDave

Thanks, Vitalker, I sincerely appreciate you help on this. While not an idiot, I'm also not terribly technically versed on the computer side of things, so I may be using terms incorrectly here.

If I want to fix my issue, but without wiping the key bindings, etc., what, specifically, do I need to do? I always update whenever notified, and that has obviously not corrected the issue. I have been using the links on the download page, 64-bit, and at at v6.73 right now. Is there a different package I should be using?

IF the "new package that fixes things" will indeed wipe my mods, is there something "like" an .ini file that has those things stored that I could paste over the stock one?

Again, thank you!
Old 01-04-2023, 01:13 PM   #19
vitalker

Quote:
Thanks, Vitalker, I sincerely appreciate you help on this. While not an idiot, I'm also not terribly technically versed on the computer side of things, so I may be using terms incorrectly here.

If I want to fix my issue, but without wiping the key bindings, etc., what, specifically, do I need to do? I always update whenever notified, and that has obviously not corrected the issue. I have been using the links on the download page, 64-bit, and at at v6.73 right now. Is there a different package I should be using?

IF the "new package that fixes things" will indeed wipe my mods, is there something "like" an .ini file that has those things stored that I could paste over the stock one?

Again, thank you!
Your term may be correct, but for me reinstalling is uninstalling and installing again. That's why I try to avoid this word for such a thing.

Hm, no. You should do what you always did (update, to the same version in this case). One question: when did this issue appeared?

I don't know what's the issue yet, but indeed there is a file called reaper.ini. I can't say what is the exact location, because I am using portable install, but if you go to Reaper -> Options -> Show Reaper resource path, you'll find it. Or you can use https://www.voidtools.com/ to find it right away.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:19 PM   #20
SoundGuyDave

Again, thank you!

So that we are both playing from the same sheet of music, I have no "functional" issues with my install, just that I can no longer access some of the stock Cockos plugins. For the most part, that isn't an issue as I use very few of them on any regular basis, but there are some, like "ReaInsert" where I don't know of a work around if I would like to insert some analog gear into the mix. Or ReaVerb, which I used to create custom IRs every once in a while.

As to when it happened, I honestly can't say. I noticed the issue a while back, and have been OCCASIONALLY trying to figure it out. I can say with certainty that I have "upgraded/updated" at least a dozen times since I noticed the issue, each time hoping that it would fix the problem. My laptop install has no issues, btw, with the same Reaper version.

My concern is with throwing away all the little tweaks and mods that I've made to the DAW behaviour, if, in fact, I do need to uninstall/reinstall to get the Cockos plugins back. Do you know if the .ini would store all those changes?

I really appreciate your help on this!
Old 01-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #21
vitalker

What I'd do:
1. Install Reaper as portable to any folder
2. Go to old Reaper install -> Options -> Preferences -> General -> Export configuration -> check everything -> save
3. Go to new Reaper install -> Options -> Preferences -> General -> Import configuration
4. Check whether it works as expected, check Cockos plugins and configuration
5. Backup whole configuration from 2.
6. Works? You can backup whole Reaper folder to avoid anything like that in the future.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:48 PM   #22
SoundGuyDave

Oh, brilliant, thank you!

I've got a few errands to run, but I'll give that a shot tonight.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:07 AM   #23
vitalker

Quote:
Oh, brilliant, thank you!

I've got a few errands to run, but I'll give that a shot tonight.
If you send me your reaper.ini, I could check what may be wrong with it. Perhaps try another thing: just delete all that plugins from the folder and install same version over current one. The files should be placed to that folder again.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:51 AM   #24
SoundGuyDave

Okay, that was interesting.... I did the portable, transfer configuration thing as you suggested, and it seemed to do everything except move key bindings. I don't know if that's because I'm running SWS, or what, but it didn't do a 100% 1:1 transfer.

THAT SAID, I then deleted all the FX in the folder, and reinstalled v6.73 right over the top, and they all appear to have popped up.

<B>Thus, my actual issue is fixed,</B> but now I'm curious as to what may have happened with the configuration in the first place, so I'm attaching the config file here if you want to dig into it. --correction, I *TRIED* to attach it, but got a "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing." message. I can email it to you if you want to shoot me your address in a PM?

System:
Windows 11 Pro 10.022000 build 22000
Core i7-8700K @3.70GHZ
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti
MOTU 8M interface

In any event, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! It is sincerely appreciated, and if there's a way I can buy you a digital beer, I would be happy to do so.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:05 AM   #25
vitalker

Not sure, maybe you didn't check that file. Also you can export key bindings from Actions window.

Put it into zip archive and upload to the forum. There is a Donate link in my description (under each post).
Old 01-05-2023, 01:12 PM   #26
SoundGuyDave

A digital beer has been sent!

If you can't tell, I'm essentially computer-illiterate. Takes me forever to get things set up to where I'm happy working with it, then a new version comes out, and back to hell...

To give you an idea, my first "DAW" was Cakewalk for DOS, not even windows yet, and no support for digital audio, only MIDI data.... Man, I could rock on those shortcuts!

Thanks again!

A link to the file is on it's way to your gmail account; I got blocked from uploading here again. Is 18MB really how big those files are???
Old 01-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #27
vitalker

Quote:
A digital beer has been sent!

If you can't tell, I'm essentially computer-illiterate. Takes me forever to get things set up to where I'm happy working with it, then a new version comes out, and back to hell...

To give you an idea, my first "DAW" was Cakewalk for DOS, not even windows yet, and no support for digital audio, only MIDI data.... Man, I could rock on those shortcuts!

Thanks again!

A link to the file is on it's way to your gmail account; I got blocked from uploading here again. Is 18MB really how big those files are???
Thanks, I got it! Both bear and file. Ah, you sent me whole configuration file. I was talking about reaper.ini file only.