Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Tracker
Human being with feelings

Default ADAT I/O via USB?

Howdy all --

I've been huinting for a soundcard or digital mixer that will give me ADAT I/O to and from Reaper via USB.

Seems as if everybody's got S/PDIF on their USB interfaces, for two channels. That's nice, especially if I want to do a mixdown to one of my devices that has S/PDIF in.

Several of the firewire interfaces offer ADAT, but neither my laptop nor my desktop have built-in firewire, although I do have a firewire card in the desktop, and can find firewire Express cards for the laptop (Ah, but which Firewire Express card? Maybe another thread...) I'd just as soon not have to deal with an additional device requiring a driver.

So I'd really like 8 in, 8 out, via USB. And, it has to have current drivers for Windows 7 64 bit, which I have on both my desktop and laptop.

I know about the Babyface, but I wonder if there's something out there for just a little less coin. I've got some great outboard mic preamps, so I'm really just looking for the interface.

Any suggestions would be welcome, and I send thanks in advance!

Best wishes all,
the Tracker....
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
TimOBrien

Motu 828mk3 Hybrid
http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828mk3

Firewire / USB2 and has ADAT

BTW: as for your laptop firewire express card... Belkin and SIIG make them and they have the required TexasInstruments chipsets. Not that expensive, too.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Tracker

Very helpful - thanks!

Tracker
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote