Old 11-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default Default color on media items?

Is it possible to have a default color on media items no matter what color I have on tcp tracks? My eye ( I see only with one eye) like green colors.

...and is it possible to have "ghost" notes more visible in midieditor? I have very hard to see them. I asked before but no one answer.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #2
Kusakanaka

Hello!
Options > Preferences > Peaks/Waveforms. Find and uncheck: Track color, Item color, Take color. Now the Media Item will not change its color in any way.
To your second question, I unfortunately do not know the answer.
Kusakanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
Tobbe

Doesn't work. still trackcolor on media items. On v4.0 theme it seems work. Maybe is theme-based?

Works on WT_Imperial Theme

Last edited by Tobbe; 11-11-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Tobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
Kusakanaka

Locate the Default_5.0 file on your computer. Create a copy of it in a place convenient for you. Open using the archiver. Open the text document rtconfig.txt and in it delete as much as I selected in the screenshot. Save, close and double-click run Default_5.0. Now you have Default_5.0 which responds to changes in color settings
Attached Images
File Type: png Безимени-1.png (49.8 KB, 120 views)
Kusakanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:55 AM   #5
Tobbe

Thank you.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Media item colour is determined by an underlying defined colour (either from the theme by default, or a custom colour is you have set one) and a image over the top of it, which may or may not have transparency to show the underlying colour. The images are item_bg.png and item_bg_sel.png (for selected items).

Reaper has a legacy colouring method, and a more modern 'V5' colouring method ...read this if you're interested. Changing tinttcp will sort-of work to regress the colouring method to the legacy mode by reactivating the disabled options, but in an unpredictable way. The correct method is to remove the 'version 5' and 'tinttcp' lines entirely.

But I'm pretty sure this isn't what you want to do; you want to remove the item_bg images.