Old 08-06-2019, 02:32 AM   #1
sts
Human being with feelings

Default Font size in FX Browser

I never cared about changing the font sizes in any of REAPER's UI elements, so I left them as they are. But now I do, at least for the FX Browser (which is locked to the Docker in my REAPER setup). I'd like to increase its font size.

Excuses for being so ignorant (even though I'm a long-term REAPER user), but can anyone give me a clue where I should start in order to change the font (mainly the size, but the font type would be nice too)? I have no idea whatsoever. Just in case this is relevant for my question: I'm still working with the old Default 3.0 theme (with a few icons I added) and would prefer to keep it that way.
sts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 AM   #2
Phazma

Fonts can be changed from the theme tweaker. Just search/filter theme tweaker in the action list, open it and in the window that opens you can adjust all prameters of the theme you are using and when typing font you will find all fonts you can modify. I am not sure though if you can modify the font of the fx browser though..
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:27 AM   #3
sts

Thanks, I tried that. If I go there and filter the list by the keyword "font", I get

Volume/pan label font
Track title font
Timeline font
Transport status font
Media item label font

as well as

Walter Font 1 to 8

I don't know what the WALTER fonts are about, but the others don't seem to match the font I'm looking for. But I tried to change the track title font (just to experiment with it), and it works.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:21 AM   #4
Phazma

Well with the WALTER fonts it is a bit tricky.. what I usually do is first save the theme (to not do damage) and afterwards open the look for the text that I am interested in changing (in your case the fx browser) and setting all walter fonts to a very big size one after another. If one of them changes what I am interested in I recall the theme and just teeak that font and save it.
However if none of the fonts there alter what you need I am afraid that the font in question can’t be altered. A further step one can do to customise a theme is to work on the rtconfig.txt file inside the theme but I am no expert on this so you should consult the theming subforum. However I think that fonts that can’t be altered from the theme tweaker itself probably are based on the OS and sobwon’t be changable in any way (unless cockos decide to make that possible).
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
sts

Thanks for your input! Maybe I'll try the thing you suggested with the 8 WALTER fonts that I can find in my configuration (with a previous backup, of course). Customizing themes in the rtconfig.txt file seems a little too much for the really small change I'm after (especially since I have no previous experience with that). So if the WALTER changes don't work, I think I will give up the idea. Too bad.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
Reflected

did you find a way to change it?

I couldn't find away to change it yet and it is killing my eyes in my 43" monitor
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:46 AM   #7
sts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
did you find a way to change it?
No, after trying the things described above, I gave up. Still using the fonts as they are.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #8
Mordi

As far as I know, it is not possible to change that font. You can change the color, but that's it.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:07 AM   #9
sts

It seems so, unfortunately.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
You can change the color, but that's it.
Do you know which walter font this is? sorry I'm being lazy haha
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote