CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #241
Bobflip
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
I know what is the problem. I can't look at it until Thursday morning for sure though...
I understand. Do you think it's something I might be able to quickly sort? Realised I have counters in there as well so people could easily reset the demo period. Am good to release now otherwise.
Bobflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #242
Bobflip

Ok, so it looks like I might have it sorted in OSX. Trying to test in Windows but my laptop's being slow right now.

I was splitting up the EncryptDecrypt functions into one for encryption and one for decryption, thinking that these needed to be tweaked a little for each stage. However it seems sorted without needing to change either. I'll update when my laptop catches up, hahah.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #243
Bobflip

So, getting somewhere but still not quite there. I was thinking that taking out the out checks from Encrypt and the in checks from Decrypt might do it, but that didn't work out. As a test I commented both of the "if (in == '\n' || in == '\r' || out == '\n' || out == '\r' || out == '\0') continue;" lines, which meant that most of the data was recalled, but I found that one test serial number was truncated still while another was recalled in its entirety. Looking at the encrypted .ini file, I can see that the last character before truncation is being encrypted as a newline character. Though I guess you already know that that causes issues!

Did you have any thoughts on how you were going to work around it that I could try out?