Old 04-17-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
sameekou
Human being with feelings

Default Remove Mouse click After Recording

Hello everyone!
I work with dubbing voice.
I use a G604 mouse from Logitech to speed up the process and it's so useful.
Using actions + mouse config I can address each of the 10 buttons of the mouse to a different function! It saves me hours of clicking and I am satisfied with that.
The point is that I save various small clips (items) in a 1 hour video as I record each line separately.
When I click the button to Record (the same to stop recording) my Shure SM7B captures a tiny click from the mouse.
I have already tried:
>> Using fade out to silence the click
>> Manually cutting the end of the item
>> Noise gate (the click is to low to be detected by the gate but too high to leak in the final mix)

I ask you: Is there a "automated" way, like an action i could use to eliminate that click?
sameekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:11 AM   #2
Fabian

I am not sure I understand this...

If manually cutting the end of the item does not remove the click, then I guess nothing will. But... you click before beginning recording and then you click again after you are done with the recording, right? So the click is on its own, with no background audio that you want to keep, right? If so, I cannot see how manually cutting the beginning and end of the item could not remove the click. Something strange must be going on here.

Maybe you could attach a short example of the problematic click.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:40 AM   #3
Gibson_GM

If you've cut out the mouse clicks...could the click be due to not having a fade in/fade out on each item?
Gibson_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #4
sameekou

The click is only at the end of the item. As it starts the recording it is not recorded at the beginning. It would help for example, if I could have only fade out automatically instead of both fade in and fade out
Old 04-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #5
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameekou View Post
The click is only at the end of the item. As it starts the recording it is not recorded at the beginning. It would help for example, if I could have only fade out automatically instead of both fade in and fade out
I still don't understand, as in your OP you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameekou View Post
I have already tried:
>> Using fade out to silence the click
>> Manually cutting the end of the item
>> Noise gate (the click is to low to be detected by the gate but too high to leak in the final mix)
But if you ask if there is an automated way to add only fade-out and not fade-in, you can set automatic fade-in/out and then use the command Item: Remove fade-in after the recording.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
valy

Presumably the audio doesn't go right up until the last microsecond of the item, so I don't see why you can't just drag the right edge of the item to the left until the click is no longer contained within it.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:37 AM   #7
sameekou

Yes, the click sound is at the very end of the items.
This optionof mannually drag is what I've been doing. The point is that in a 1 hour video I record more than 300 itens/lines of speech.
So it is a pain keep dragging one by one.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:14 AM   #8
valy

You can select all the items in the track and drag their right edges at the same time.

You could probably get dynamic split to get rid of them as well, depending on how loud they are.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:39 AM   #9
AB1

The attached script will trim a user defined (edit the first line of the script) amount of time from the end of all selected items, except those items which have already been trimmed with this script. This allows you to record a bunch of items, 'select all' and trim, then record more items and trim those the same way, without needing to sort out which items have already been trimmed and without further shortening already trimmed items. Any items which you do not want to trim at all should be excluded from the item selection before running the script.

If this is not quite what you need, ask away. The more detail you give the better.
Attached Files
File Type: lua AB1_Item_Length_Trimmer_(once_per_item).lua (514 Bytes, 49 views)
AB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #10
sameekou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
The attached script will trim a user defined (edit the first line of the script) amount of time from the end of all selected items, except those items which have already been trimmed with this script. This allows you to record a bunch of items, 'select all' and trim, then record more items and trim those the same way, without needing to sort out which items have already been trimmed and without further shortening already trimmed items. Any items which you do not want to trim at all should be excluded from the item selection before running the script.

If this is not quite what you need, ask away. The more detail you give the better.
Worked perfectly!
I edited the first line to 0.05 sec instead of 0.5 and Linked it to a shortcut and bam! solved my problem!
Thank you very much!
Solved!