Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
sekess
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper with E-MU 1820M card (Patchmix)

Hi all,
Will Reaper work with an old E-MU 1820M card? That card uses Patchmix which is the driver and mixing consolefor that card . Will Reaper work well with Patchmix? Or, might there be some conflicts?

Thanks,
Steve
sekess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Geo524

Not sure about the 1820M but back in the day Reaper worked very well with my EMU-1212M. I am far removed from that soundcard these days but you don't need to use patchmix at all with Reaper unless you're looking for customized assignments.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #3
electricthing

I use 1212m which is the same card but only a different daughter card.
Also Patchmix.
It works great, windows 7 64 bit PC (but I work in 32bit), Mojo has 1 PCI-slot.
Patchmix works with all DAWs that I use or tried.
I think that the question only is; will your PC work with the card and patchmix.
If that works Reaper will work with it.
Just select the emu driver in Reaper preferences.
And use a good Patchmix preset.
electricthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
ivansc

long term 1212m user here. Worked just fine in Win7. 32 and 64 with Reaper.
At that time I was using Reaper32 so no comment on running reaper 64 with it, but the beta drivers have become the de facto "official" drivers and seem to be working fine.
Excellent card.
Low latency on my PhenomII 1055T 6-core box, around 4ms round trip!

I gave mine to a friend when I got an RME HDSP9652 for more I/O.
"only" 16 ins and outs at present but I could do another 8 if I ever needed them.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
sekess

Default E-MU and Patchmix

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the info.

Yea - my PC works fine with the E-MU card and Patchmix. So, that part's good.

I use the 8 outputs on my card to feed two 4-way speakers (L and R channels). I use a VST plugin as my electronic crossover for the two speakers.

So, what I have to figure out first is how to setup Reaper to rout the stereo audio signal to my 8 physical outputs through my electronic crossover VST plugin.

Now that I know it should work, I'll give it a try and see if I can get it setup properly. If you guys have any tips or pitfalls I should watch out for, I'd appreciate it. But either way - I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the help,
Steve
Old 01-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #6
sekess

Default HDSP9652

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
long term 1212m user here. Worked just fine in Win7. 32 and 64 with Reaper.
At that time I was using Reaper32 so no comment on running reaper 64 with it, but the beta drivers have become the de facto "official" drivers and seem to be working fine.
Excellent card.
Low latency on my PhenomII 1055T 6-core box, around 4ms round trip!

I gave mine to a friend when I got an RME HDSP9652 for more I/O.
"only" 16 ins and outs at present but I could do another 8 if I ever needed them.
Hey ivansc,
That RME card is pretty nice. Out of curiosity - what accessory are you using with that card to get all those outputs (one of their breakout cables)?
Old 06-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
georgemarauder

Hi everyone. Sorry for necro'ing the thread, but I'm at my wits end. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium and trying to install an Emu 1212m soundcard. I have the PCI soundcard and had to get a Startech PCI to PCI-E adapter for my motherboard (long story, but couldn't afford a motherboard upgrade and my current one has no PCI slots.)

So I've installed the card into the motherboard but all that pops up in Windows Device Manager is "Multimedia Audio Controller" under the "Other Devices" tab. I tried to manually install the drivers, and after the first installation attempt it didn't seem to work, so I tried using the Beta drivers or even the PCI-E drivers for the 1212m (there are PCI and PCI-E versions of the drivers.) However, on the second attempt to install, the installation just stops now and says my Emu Audio Drivers are already up to date, no need to continue. This happens no matter which driver set I try to install.

I feel like if I could uninstall those drivers somehow and do a fresh install, it might work. But I can't figure out any way to uninstall whatever drivers I installed the first time. And I haven't seen Windows 10 detect the card other than "Multimedia Audio Controller."

I use Reaper occasionally but really I'm just trying to A) get a pair of balanced or unbalanced cables into my PC to record with Reaper or Audacity, and B) have a Coax/SPDIF output going to my sampler and monitors to hear what's going on. So in other words, this is my main in and out soundcard here.

Any ideas how to get this working? One of you long-time 1212m users maybe know some trick to get these drivers installed properly? Thanks in advance for anyone who attempts to help.

- George
georgemarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:59 AM   #8
jiff 41

I think it might be W10 is the problem?,
When I had W7 & running my 1616m card everything was fine then I took the offer of free upgrade to W10 & things started going downhill from there & every update made things worse!,
I turned to Linux for a while which has it's own problems/shortcomings then I decided to go back to W7 & problems gone?
So it's worth thinking about?.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #9
Nana

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=14
Nana is offline   Reply With Quote