Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
Taciturn
Human being with feelings

Default Couldn't connect to Reaper User's Forum today with strange anomalies;

This morning when trying to go to the Reaper User's Forum I got a "Can't access Reaper User's Forum" message -saying, "Your clock is ahead - A private connection to forum.cockos.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Friday, November 26, 2021 at 6:43:12 AM) are incorrect."

I had the date (11/26/2021) correct but found that instead of AM I had PM -so I changed it to AM but it still gave me this "Your clock is ahead" message when I tried to get into the Reaper User's Forum Q&A .

I then noticed that the computer time was a couple of minutes slow, so I changed that to be the same as my cell phone, (which should be right) but still couldn't connect to the Reaper User's Forum -and got the same "Your clock is ahead" message.
I couldn't get anywhere with the other Reaper related contact stuff on Google either.

When I tried to send an email on my home laptop to < support@cockos.com > my computer failed & gave me an "Oops.. couldn't connect message etc. -I tried to send the email a few times
-Then I discovered my Drafts & Sent files were gone in my Gmail account. -So I shut down the laptop.

-So now I'm posting the Reaper General Discussion Forum in the public library using one of their computers.....

What can you advise ?

-RE:
"Your clock is ahead
A private connection to forum.cockos.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Friday, November 26, 2021 at 6:43:12 AM) are incorrect.
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"
Taciturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
Taciturn

Default 2nd day of inability to connect to Reaper User's Forum; (?)

Today, (Sat.) my laptop has gone back to normal re my Gmail's Sent & Drafts.

-But unfortunately when I try to get on the Reaper User's Forum I still get this,

"Your clock is ahead
A private connection to www.cockos.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 8:49:40 AM) are incorrect.
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

So now back at the public library's computer I have to wonder why I still can not get on the User's Forum on my laptop back home and what can I do about it?

-My computer's clock is now definitely timed correctly...

Yesterday I emailed Cockos Support from the library computer, (because then, my home laptop wouldn't even do that), -and this mourning I have successfully emailed < support@cockos.com > from my laptop but haven't gotten a response.

I really need the resourse of the Reaper User's Forum, -what should I do ?

Last edited by Taciturn; 11-27-2021 at 09:06 AM. Reason: sp
Old 11-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #3
Glennbo

One possibility I can think of.

There are two clocks in a computer. The CMOS clock and the realtime clock (RTC). The CMOS clock runs on battery even when the computer is powered totally off. When you boot a machine the RTC is set to match the CMOS clock, but then whatever OS you are running, Windows or Linux will set the RTC again, via an NTP time server, so it's possible your CMOS clock is off, even though your RTC shows the right time.

A dead CMOS battery would cause the two clocks to be off from each other, but they could be out of sync from other things too.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
mixer9

Have you tried another browser?
mixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
Taciturn

Default Finally got to Reaper user's forum but now get a "Not secure" message;

Thanks Glennbo and Mixer9 for your replies.

Earlier today I tried again on the laptop at home and got the same, "Your clock is ahead - A private connection to forum.cockos.com can't be established" message & then noticed that the time zone (of all things) was wrong, (before I noticed that I had PM when it should have been AM...), I corrected the time zone but it still wouldn't work.

Then, just now, I tried again, got the same, "Your clock is ahead" message and found that the actual date was incorrect, the laptop was saying that it was Monday, Nov. 29th, (for a second I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone). My cell-phone reaffirmed that it was in fact 12:30 AM Sunday morning. -So I reset my laptop's clock back to 11/28/2021.

Then I tried again, and this time I didn't get the usual, "Your clock is ahead - A private connection to forum.cockos.com can't be established because your computer's date and time are incorrect." messages but got a "Your connection to forum.cockos.com is Not secure -someone could get your private info etc. etc." -I clicked on "Connect me anyways" and here I am...

Actually I have got this same message lately when trying to make online Inter-library Loans at the local university library.

About a week ago I had bad troubles connecting to the WIFI/Hotspot and when I eventually did found that I could no longer get the Chrome browser or any other browser to work. I had technical support "Home Coverage" at BestBuy so I took the laptop & my iPhone over there. -They cleared the decks of my laptop and reinstalled Windows 7 -this time with Windows 7 (Basic) and also reinstalled Google Chrome.

-Just before that I had changed my TELUS plan that had a lot less high speed data & it had run out,-that's when I found that I couldn't connect to the internet at all with the WIFI/Hotspot. I was advised by the BestBuy's "Geek Squad" to get more high speed data because they figured that was why I couldn't connect to the internet with my WIFI/Hotspot when I went to them the first time, my laptop connected fine with the BestBuy in-store WIFI/Hotspot. -I changed my TELUS plan to one with more high speed data after that.

So I have to figure that all of these time, date & time zone changes must be a result of these recent activities.

I suppose that like the, "Not secure" warnings that I'm getting that suggest that someone could be "attacking" or hacking -could be a result of my increased vulnerability due to my new Windows 7 (basic) set up.

I do have a Desktop with Windows 10, but that's the rig that I use with Reaper and it is always Offline.

I'm just going to have to hope that these anomalies are about finished with.