Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #81
Gass n Klang
Human being with feelings

I need to change the default template to the needs of my band. How to remove tracks? Haha even as an experienced reaper user this thing feels like a new DAW for me. Would be so cool to have some tutorial videos from start to end.

One more thing: Does loopback routing allow midi routing, too? I need to create some tracks that send midi information to external gear. I wonder if I should route the midi direct out from every project or via the routing tab.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #82
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
I need to change the default template to the needs of my band. How to remove tracks? Haha even as an experienced reaper user this thing feels like a new DAW for me. Would be so cool to have some tutorial videos from start to end.

One more thing: Does loopback routing allow midi routing, too? I need to create some tracks that send midi information to external gear. I wonder if I should route the midi direct out from every project or via the routing tab.
The template is “Song.RPP” in the project template folder. Give the default another name and make yours the default.

Make sure you leave the “Structure“ track, “QsMaster” and “ClickMaster” folders intact in the template.
Also, make sure the template; AudioRouting.RPP is compatible with it.

I don’t know of any internal MIDI routing. If you’re on Mac, use the IAC Driver.

I have a whole bunch of videos in the making. I’m sorry I’m just very busy at the moment.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #83
Gass n Klang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
I have a whole bunch of videos in the making. I’m sorry I’m just very busy at the moment.
hell yeah, I'm very (!!!) looking forward to this.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:50 PM   #84
Gass n Klang

any news here?
Old 10-14-2021, 02:42 AM   #85
Jesta

Default Adding a Bass buss

This looks almost perfect for me to start using except for one thing. I found it surprising that there doesn't seem to be a separate routing for BASS. I've tried to work out how to add it myself, but I can't seem to do it without breaking something else! Can somebody please walk me through it (or maybe even update the template with a bass channel)? Any help greatly appreciated.
Jesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #86
Gass n Klang

I'm also waiting for a walkthrough. I'd really like to use it for my band but I have to decide within the next weeks which way to take.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:48 AM   #87
hb80

Would really like to give this a go but dropbox is empty? Does anyone have an alternative link? Thanks!
hb80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:45 PM   #88
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesta View Post
This looks almost perfect for me to start using except for one thing. I found it surprising that there doesn't seem to be a separate routing for BASS. I've tried to work out how to add it myself, but I can't seem to do it without breaking something else! Can somebody please walk me through it (or maybe even update the template with a bass channel)? Any help greatly appreciated.
You need to setup and extra track in the Audio Routing tab with its own Loopback bus assignment.
Then in your song, you setup the Bass Buss with the same assignements. You then save both the Audio routing and the song as template over the ones that are currently there.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #89
tweed

Sorry to ask...

changing, "default template" would encompass changing to I LOGIC V 3.90.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214879

Super interested in REALIVE. Changing to I LOGIC V 3.90 theme essential for many reasons for me.

Now that i think a bit, 'default template' isn't default theme.

Whatever happens great thanks!

Possible to change to a different theme ?
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #90
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
Sorry to ask...

changing, "default template" would encompass changing to I LOGIC V 3.90.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214879

Super interested in REALIVE. Changing to I LOGIC V 3.90 theme essential for many reasons for me.

Now that i think a bit, 'default template' isn't default theme.

Whatever happens great thanks!

Possible to change to a different theme ?
You can change the theme the same way as usual.
But you'll have to play with the Theme Tweak Window to blend everything in.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #91
tweed

Oh !!! heh-heh-heh

I'll have a go.

MANY GREAT THANKS '''lexaproductions'''
Old 10-26-2021, 02:12 AM   #92
chumbo

Default All-In-One package?

Hi,
Just discovered this accidentally...super interesting and I think I could really use this!

Just a suggestion...since you recommend using a portable install - which makes sense for the reasons you've explained - couldn't you offer as an optional download to your existing package, a fully self-contained, ready-to-go portable install of Reaper with the SWS-Extensions & your package pre-configured?
This way, it's a one-click operation: download and run and Realive is ready to go!!
Cheers,
Chumbo

EDIT: I just installed it and I'm getting two errors on startup on a Win 10 machine (see attachments).
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaScriptAPI64.dll.png (11.2 KB, 244 views)
File Type: png Realive_MainAPI.lua.png (4.0 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by chumbo; 10-26-2021 at 02:33 AM.
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #93
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
Hi,
Just discovered this accidentally...super interesting and I think I could really use this!

Just a suggestion...since you recommend using a portable install - which makes sense for the reasons you've explained - couldn't you offer as an optional download to your existing package, a fully self-contained, ready-to-go portable install of Reaper with the SWS-Extensions & your package pre-configured?
This way, it's a one-click operation: download and run and Realive is ready to go!!
Cheers,
Chumbo

EDIT: I just installed it and I'm getting two errors on startup on a Win 10 machine (see attachments).
1- I don't think I can distribute a full REAPER install legally, so I just set up a Portable folder install with instructions on what to do. But the App download must be handled by the user.

2- On Windows, you must install SWS and JSAPI manually, I don't know how to force install them on my startup routine like I do on Mac. I'll add an auto warning about that.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #94
chumbo

Great! Thx, that worked :-)
Yeah, I understand about packaging Reaper. I realized shortly after posting it might be a problem. No big deal anyway. It's all setup and ready to go in +- 5 min so...
Cheers,
Old 10-26-2021, 09:04 PM   #95
lexaproductions

Quote:
Great! Thx, that worked :-)
Yeah, I understand about packaging Reaper. I realized shortly after posting it might be a problem. No big deal anyway. It's all setup and ready to go in +- 5 min so...
Cheers,
Can you do me a favour? Start from scratch with a clean portable install and try to install this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ro93yq5p...ConfigZip?dl=0

I may have found what didn't work before on windows. But I can't test it, so I need your help.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:33 AM   #96
chumbo

Quote:
Can you do me a favour? Start from scratch with a clean portable install and try to install this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ro93yq5p...ConfigZip?dl=0

I may have found what didn't work before on windows. But I can't test it, so I need your help.
Sure, just did that and I'm afraid it's the exact same problem with the same errors.
But as I said before, when I installed the JS API as you instructed, it worked so...why sweat it? It's just a small additional step to get it all working!
Old 11-04-2021, 12:24 AM   #97
itamar92

Hi
first of all I must say that what you've made here is amazing !
I've been using it for almost a year and it changed my whole setup and workflow

I made some changes of my own in the scripts and the naming and really got to every scripts you made just to read it

in the new update that you made - the click and guides in the audio routing tab keep disconnecting from the master sends on every play. I realised the thought about this but sometimes when I am building the show I like to hear the click and guid in the speakers.

how can I cancel that routing?
I've looked in the Realive API and didn't find the line that influence that...

many thanks
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:08 PM   #98
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
Hi
first of all I must say that what you've made here is amazing !
I've been using it for almost a year and it changed my whole setup and workflow

in the new update that you made - the click and guides in the audio routing tab keep disconnecting from the master sends on every play. I realised the thought about this but sometimes when I am building the show I like to hear the click and guid in the speakers.

how can I cancel that routing?
I've looked in the Realive API and didn't find the line that influence that...

many thanks
Thanks for the love.

Your feedback is very valuable to me.
I set it up this way so that I don't always have to reroute the click whenever I use my laptop's speakers. But it's a good idea to be able to switch it off if needed.

So I just made the behaviour optional in the current version. You can download it at the same place:
You'll find the setting in this menu item:
Menu/Options/Audio Routing Tab/Automatically route the click...

Quote:
I made some changes of my own in the scripts and the naming and really got to every scripts you made just to read it
I'm also curious about what you felt like changing on your side? It's good for me to be able to improve the whole thing.

Have a nice day
Old 11-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #99
lexaproductions

Quote:
Sure, just did that and I'm afraid it's the exact same problem with the same errors.
But as I said before, when I installed the JS API as you instructed, it worked so...why sweat it? It's just a small additional step to get it all working!
I think it might be working now. Like you said, it's not a big deal breaker, but I'm a stubborn person. lol
Old 11-06-2021, 11:50 PM   #100
itamar92

Quote:

I just made the behaviour optional in the current version. You can download it at the same place:
You'll find the setting in this menu item:
Menu/Options/Audio Routing Tab/Automatically route the click...
Wow that's perfect! thank you !

Quote:
I'm also curious about what you felt like changing on your side? It's good for me to be able to improve the whole thing.
really not to much but small changes that will go with my workflow and habits:

first of all the naming- in the song template and the audio routing. and also in the realive.ini I've add the more names and groups for the sorting action.

at the pre version I've also cancelled the unarm tracks when playing action (I'm sometimes like to play thru reaper so the track must be armed so I could play. actually in the new version I couldent find it were I can cancelled it

at the pre versions, when there wasn't the action for add cues. I wrote a script (based on your script build click) that add midi note according to the regions name with the name of the region 1 bar before.
I used midi and not waves like you did now because it felt more flexible for me that way. but after I have download the new version the script dosent work any more
but I think I'm gonna try using your way for a while
Old 11-07-2021, 12:06 AM   #101
itamar92

also -
every time you are uploading an update I need to edit the markers custom command for seeking to next song. because the command id that they have is not right.

another problem that I'm having and I'm wonder if you had it to -
if I put any compressor/limiter on one of the audio channels or master in the audio routing project, I'm having some glitches in the sound. not very often but every couple of minutes it happen while playing.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:57 AM   #102
lexaproductions

Quote:
Wow that's perfect! thank you !

first of all the naming- in the song template and the audio routing. and also in the realive.ini I've add the more names and groups for the sorting action.

at the pre version I've also cancelled the unarm tracks when playing action (I'm sometimes like to play thru reaper so the track must be armed so I could play. actually in the new version I couldent find it were I can cancelled it

at the pre versions, when there wasn't the action for add cues. I wrote a script (based on your script build click) that add midi note according to the regions name with the name of the region 1 bar before.
I used midi and not waves like you did now because it felt more flexible for me that way. but after I have download the new version the script dosent work any more
but I think I'm gonna try using your way for a while

1- If you don’t mind, can you share your naming addons so I can put them in my official build if they’re compatible with my config.

2- in Menu/Option/Audio Routing: you’ll find the disabling of arming/unarming of the audio routing. It juste stays on always. It does allows live inputs at all time.

3- I’ve ALWAYS wanted to make this MIDI but:
- There’s no built in ways to send midi between tabs (excluding the IAC Driver on Mac)
- When changing computer, RS5K’s presets loose their paths to the sample bank
So I’ve opted to keep it wave so the projects are more portable if shared between computers. But if you have a way to make it work with MIDI please do share it.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to see it is intuitive enough for somebody to get it without training.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:11 AM   #103
lexaproductions

Quote:
also -
every time you are uploading an update I need to edit the markers custom command for seeking to next song. because the command id that they have is not right.

another problem that I'm having and I'm wonder if you had it to -
if I put any compressor/limiter on one of the audio channels or master in the audio routing project, I'm having some glitches in the sound. not very often but every couple of minutes it happen while playing.
1- It always works for me? Maybe I’m not sure which one you’re talking about. This I can/will fix. Need more infos.

2- This is usually Audio Device Buffering related.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:37 AM   #104
itamar92

Quote:
1- If you don’t mind, can you share your naming addons so I can put them in my official build if they’re compatible with my config.
Its really not so big thing.. when I build a show I like to add also the live instrument part (bass, drums,vocal,keys) also to the project. that way if one of the players not feeling good. or the singer don't have a voice for the rehearsal, we can continue play without them. so in my template I've added a folder with the live instruments, (drums live, bass live, keys live..)

Quote:
2- in Menu/Option/Audio Routing: you’ll find the disabling of arming/unarming of the audio routing. It juste stays on always. It does allows live inputs at all time.
that's not what I meant.. as a keyboard player I like to use sound from vst in the reaper. so in order that I can play thru reaper I need the track to be always armed. in your setup when I going to live mode all the tracks are going unarmed.

Quote:
3- I’ve ALWAYS wanted to make this MIDI but:
- There’s no built in ways to send midi between tabs (excluding the IAC Driver on Mac)
- When changing computer, RS5K’s presets loose their paths to the sample bank
So I’ve opted to keep it wave so the projects are more portable if shared between computers. But if you have a way to make it work with MIDI please do share it.
haha its not that complicated as you are describing. I've made a sample track with all the English guide samples and each English word I mapped to midi note.
The script recognises the regions name and according to name he knows which midi note to put.
On every region he add the command 1 bar before with a count of 2..3..4.. (verse, 2..3..4..) and if its a long phrase like "pre chorus" then the count is 3..4.. (Pre chorus, 3..4..)

its wasn't perfect but it is made my workflow allot faster. but after I downloaded your new version the script docent work any more because you've changed allot of thing. I'm not really knows how to code so the bug was too big for me to handle
Old 11-08-2021, 12:47 AM   #105
itamar92

Quote:
1- It always works for me? Maybe I’m not sure which one you’re talking about. This I can/will fix. Need more infos.

2- This is usually Audio Device Buffering related.
1. right click with the mouse and then choosing "switch to next song". when I choose one of the options it add a marker with a command id. but the command id is always incorrect so I need to find the right id command and paste it in the markers name. (I usually just change it in their script)

2. its not the buffer size... and its happing on every computer I try.

By the way, I really love the new option of changing the click sound or the voice command language ! it genius !!
could you add the click sound of Ableton too?
Old 11-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #106
lexaproductions

Quote:
That's not what I meant.. as a keyboard player I like to use sound from vst in the reaper. so in order that I can play thru reaper I need the track to be always armed. in your setup when I going to live mode all the tracks are going unarmed.
Aaaah ok. I made that a while ago and forgot about it. lol. Just made it optional

Quote:
haha its not that complicated as you are describing. I've made a sample track with all the English guide samples and each English word I mapped to midi note.
The script recognizes the regions name and according to name he knows which midi note to put.
On every region he add the command 1 bar before with a count of 2..3..4.. (verse, 2..3..4..) and if its a long phrase like "pre chorus" then the count is 3..4.. (Pre chorus, 3..4..)

its wasn't perfect but it is made my workflow allot faster. but after I downloaded your new version the script docent work any more because you've changed allot of thing. I'm not really knows how to code so the bug was too big for me to handle

I hear you. I have faith that I will find a way to make it work with MIDI... Makes more sense to me also. But I really don't want to recopy the whole sample library to all project every time I use it so I'll wait until I find the best solution.
Also a HUGE con to this, is the fact that RS5k is not multi-timbral. So you must use one sampler per sample. I know it can work but the idea of having 150 plug-ins on a track gives me chill. hahahaha.

So it's gonna stay like this for now. Maybe your script can inspire me. Send it over in a private message and I'll have a look. If I can at least lead you on how to make it work again...

Quote:
right click with the mouse and then choosing "switch to next song". when I choose one of the options it add a marker with a command id. but the command id is always incorrect so I need to find the right id command and paste it in the markers name. (I usually just change it in their script)
I really tried to duplicate this but I couldn't

When you install Realive, do you manually change any paths name in your portable install? The cmdids should be the same if the path in the Resources folder stays the same?

Quote:
its not the buffer size... and its happing on every computer I try.
Have you looked at both the block size and the buffering in the preferences? Asides from those I don't know...

Quote:
By the way, I really love the new option of changing the click sound or the voice command language ! it genius !!
could you add the click sound of Ableton too?
Also added Ableton and Logic Click sounds in the new build...
Old 11-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #107
itamar92

Quote:
When you install Realive, do you manually change any paths name in your portable install? The cmdids should be the same if the path in the Resources folder stays the same?.
I use it as portable install so its not in the same path like the original install. I put it on my desktop.
other then that I didn't change anything

Quote:
Have you looked at both the block size and the buffering in the preferences? Asides from those I don't know...
yes, checked them both

Quote:
Also added Ableton and Logic Click sounds in the new build...
wow ! your amazing
thanks for keep improving things. its like waiting for the new version of cubase/reaper. so here is to wait for the new version of Realive

I will send you my script, also I will send you a link to the whole portable install so you can see it working
Old 11-14-2021, 12:48 AM   #108
tweed

Enjoyed starting out to truly understand REALIVE this eve.
My prediction, similar to others, is that this is astonishingly
great. (Comments-observations- little questions ASAP)

And, once people get into it I'm sure hopeful REALIVE
will really take off for tons of us and get better and better.

This is such a creation of, well, love and passion in my view... the very least i can do is to attempt to understand the astonishing depths (eventually!)... :-)

I had a incredible time switching between songs -- after simply dragging a stereo mix to one of the few "new project" i created by right clicking on the left column.

I love details, i love depth, so I'll keep this short as I've not even scratched the surface.

MY GOAL is to see if, after getting to an intermediate stage with the backing tracks working... to see if I can incorporate LIVECONFIGS tab (long story on how I've tried to over?-ambitiously use liveconfigs over the years and never quite succeeded)

@mschnell i believe mentioned incorporating into his system perhaps..(LIVECONFIGS etc)

OK, taking up space here... as I haven't got much that's practical to add.

Just realized tonight that there's a ton that goes into a professional live system. Absolutely had my eyes opened tonight.

P.S. I agree with @dazastah (page one here) - BLOODY AMAZING !!!

WINDOWS 11 (IM MY OPINION: damn it's cleaner - and gets rid of time-suck options like live-tiles were for many of us - highly recommended - outrageously nice settings look and feel and layout now - super easy upgrade even on my old ATOM processor!! surface 3 !! weeks back, with a bit of fussing)
TIP??: uncheck/defeat the "update drivers" (during install) by clicking on the link and doing what's logical. can't quite say that better right now.

I just downloaded the ISO and double clicked on it and did an install in place. What i always do.

Last edited by tweed; 11-14-2021 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #109
lexaproductions

Thanks for the love.
Haven’t look much on the Liveconfig thing. Will do

Tip: double click the list window to make a new project 😉
Old 11-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #110
tweed

EDIT ADDED: WOW, just noticed there's several themes!
Options / Default Menu:Main options (at bottom of list) / Themes

-------------

NICE lexaproductions!!

on LIVECONFIGS - I went way deep several years ago.(would need to think and try stuff again to remember)

I stopped for a long while trying to perfect a LIVECONFIGS for my needs,, as i got stuck on making an Arduino Footswitch.
AND, couldn't decide, technically, whether to use tabs (all in one instance) or two instances of REAPER.

One of the tests though... was using two instances of REAPER. one instance for the backing tracks and one instance for the LIVECONFIGS switching of live inputs and playing stuff through REAPER.

LIVECONFIGS: ~> microphone inputs - guitar inputs - playing VST keyboard instruments - basically the whole band playing through REAPER.

With everything able to change by auto-loading track templates. (my choice of methods)

Also, saving track templates (with simple setable key command) was a very creative way to create playable sounds without having to fuss with anything other than creating sounds FAST (then just quickly save a track-template of however many instrument tracks crated the sound).

Then, later, they can be laid out in LIVECONFIGS list and kinda, 'location memorized' then. Making creating sounds free from having to think about organizing them.

BACK TO REALIVE:

Using LIVE-CONFIGS within REALIVE -- I guess, would require a TAB being available that was separate from the automatic layout stuff that happens when a new tab is created in REALIVE.

For my tests (which may LIKELY result in totally wanting to leave REALIVE untouched by LIVECONFIGS. a LIVECONFIGS instance of REAPER probably more logical MAYBE - i guess there's a simply question.

QUESTION: Is it easy somehow to add a tab in REALIVE that's NOT connected to the automatic stuff that happens when we use menu item, "NEW PROJECT TAB"

It's getting very interesting with REALIVE - I have taken a look at the REALIVE actions list by searching for 'REALIVE' in the Actions list (F12)- I was SPEECHLESS !!!! heh-heh

P.S. I NOW use and like/appreciate the REALIVE theme you're using -- The minimalist look of the track list options (pan, volume, routing icon etc.) They all layout super nicely, all in one long thin line when track list widened!

I'll keep happily trying stuff... tons to look into and try with REALIVE alone... no rush at all with me - enJOY weekend...!

best wishes to all.

Last edited by tweed; 11-14-2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #111
lexaproductions

In the Menu/Options/Realive prefs you can disable the auto switching On/Off of the audio routing. That way the Audio Routing is always live and you can make VI tracks in every songs always Rec Enabled.
God thing with this is that all the VIs of all the songs are not on all the time.

For a Live playback setup you should only be using the Realive actions. There is a lot of under the hood so uff that happens when using the Realive actions together.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:30 PM   #112
tweed

EDIT: uhhh... just looked properly at the REALIVE PREFS. MUCH to consider, potentially making some of the following, written earlier, moot - Then again... I'm "smart-enough slowly", which isn't, 'brilliantly quick'. hahaha

EDIT 2: love the, "open project over current tab"

SMILES: I am certain that going deep enough with REALIVE will give unprecedented LIVE potential to us all.
Plus, you're so receptive to comments, so everyone can add their voice!
I'm just getting to the point where REALIVE learning stuff feels like incredible discoveries. Outrageously comprehensive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ below written earlier ~~~~~~~

SUPERB...!!! Great Tips! will think on them and try stuff.

Haven't worked with REALIVE yet this eve, though long-term interested mainly in adding a the LIVE inputs tab as touched on.

JUST being able to load and save track templates in a tab that routes to chose-able audio outputs VIA REALIVE's routing tab without the tab automatically adding all the REALIVE goodie to it.

These record monitoring ON track templates would be:
-- playable keyboard VST instuments with midi-inputs
-- maybe microphone and guitar LIVE audio inputs

Will work this evening with your comments. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Ambitious though ultimately a sensible goal as I've fantasizing for nearly a decade on REAPER LIVE, and made some progress with a 'slick-for-me' loading and saving of track templates within the LIVECONFIGS system many years ago now. heh-heh.

AND NOW BACK TO REALIVE CURRENT STUDY:

So,getting nicely into looking around at the vast and wonderful actions list... and the menus of course.

Things I'm going to look into tonight along with all i can learn:

1) i find myself going up to click on "View/Project Tab List a lot. I'm guessing that when proficient at REALIVE there's good reason for the auto-unchecking of show project tab option.

2) same with going full screen and then REALIVE auto-resizing itself. NOTE: i'll go over all the comments here from the top again as i though maybe the full-screen aspect was mentioned. (4K monitor reference)

[UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT]
REALLY enjoying REALIVE and the great vibe here!

Last edited by tweed; 11-15-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:11 PM   #113
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
1) i find myself going up to click on "View/Project Tab List a lot. I'm guessing that when proficient at REALIVE there's good reason for the auto-unchecking of show project tab option.

2) same with going full screen and then REALIVE auto-resizing itself. NOTE: i'll go over all the comments here from the top again as i though maybe the full-screen aspect was mentioned. (4K monitor reference)
1- Are you saying the auto-show keeps on unchecking itself? Can’t you just leave e the side do always showing

2- if you look at the help file in option menu, you’ll have a list of needed screensets and how resave each of the to your screen size. For example you go in live mode then you drag the corner of the window to make it full screen. Then you hit CtlShft F1 to save it. It’s important that you don’t change the order of the screen sets
Once this is done you have the windows perfect every time.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #114
tweed

Incredible coincidence!?!
I was reading through all the posts again and was JUST ABOUT at PAGE 2: POST #72 when a got an email that you'd replied. PAGE 2 here: POST #72 explains the screensets - THANKS AGAIN !!!

and yes, auto show keeps unchecking itself -- though I'm guessing it's likely because I'm just this evening transitioning over to the REALIVE actions list for more understanding, and had previously been clicking about somewhat randomly a whole lot.

I've begun to make notes about observations / puzzling bits etc.
two notes so far just about key commands for action list.

1) i believe that almost every key command for an action that uses an accented letter (e and u) has a secondary key command as well.

2) I am looking into what i thought was a way to decommission nearly all the default Windows 10/11 keycommands, such as windowskey-M etc. I seem to recall a lot of them can be turned off. Can't recall the finer points at the moment.

GOING GREAT HERE!
Soon I'll be at an intermediate stage of understanding i expect!

AGAIN: anyone considering getting past the initial REALIVE puzzlement...

I cannot recommend REALIVE highly enough. Portable install for sure.(for now at least) 1) Work in REAPER regular install version until backing tracks done, then: 2) put backing tracks into REALIVE portable install. The more i look and try stuff then more comfortable i get. duh! heh-heh

I re-read the first post's explanation again, now that i have a beginner's practical understanding based on a couple of hours, over a couple of evening study and use.

========= NEXT DAY ADDITIONAL =========
yep,i recall needing/wishing to: search string ~> {{ Disable the Built-In “Windows Key” Shortcuts }}
I did this a few years back when i spending lots of time with REAPER.
Have lots of spare time again for the next several months so will be working through a bunch of aspect of course.
=======================================

Last edited by tweed; 11-16-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #115
LiskY

Default Realive problem

Hi,
I have problem with realive.
I did everything as per the forum instructions but it still doesn't work ...
Portable version, SWS installed, JSAPI dumped into UserPlugins folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1638654211120.jpg (2.9 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1638654214099.jpg (9.7 KB, 185 views)
LiskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:39 PM   #116
lexaproductions

To install Realive did you drag and drop on the arrange view?
Old 12-05-2021, 01:58 AM   #117
LiskY

Yes,after pressing OK - 'configuration change'. an error appears (screen in attachments)
LiskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #118
lexaproductions

Ok, this is new to me. Maybe your download was corrupted. Have you tried to re-download?
Old 12-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #119
tweed

Just back from almost 2 weeks away!

@LiskY

Yep, great guess on download maybe corrupted.

[??]
Did you try via Options/Preferences/General and then IMPORT CONFIGURATION

You'll probably need to wait a few minutes with this method while it checks everything.

And, i guess you created portable version via standard installer and the portable checkbox? (as i recall doing i think)

No reply needed of course if you've got REALIVE working!
Looking forward to time later this week!

Last edited by tweed; 12-05-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:16 PM   #120
lexaproductions

Thé download was indeed corrupted
I believed it is now corrected