Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
anteaterhaven
Human being with feelings

Default specific plugins failing to scan

hello, i have a problem regarding scanning in VSTs and i was wondering if anyone knew how to solve it. i recently bought a new laptop since my old one is about three steps from death's door. i downloaded reaper along with all of the plugins i like to use, and they all scanned in perfectly fine except for a set of 4 plugins by semantic audio called the SAFE plugins. i've been using their reverb plugin in particular for a couple years now i think.

here is their website: http://www.semanticaudio.co.uk/
to download the plugins, click "research" and then "SAFE plugins"

i'll explain in a bit more detail.
at some point while i was still working with my old laptop, the plugins in question suddenly started taking a VERY long time to load when i added them to a track and when i clicked on them to open the ui. i chalked this up to my computer being old and decrepit, but in light of the recent issue i feel it's worth mentioning.

when i got the new one i had hoped that this wouldn't happen anymore, but even worse, they don't scan in at all! they show up in reaper's "plugins that failed to scan list". i downloaded the plugins from the official website and every third party website that hosted them, which included previous versions and x32 bit versions as well. (i'm desperate, ok?) in the reaper-vstplugins64.ini, the text it attributed to the 4 plugins is definitely incomplete. i tried copying the exact text from the .ini on the old laptop and pasting it to the new one, but that didn't work. my only theory is that the newer drivers or software on the new laptop don't recognize the plugins or something? but i use plugins that are older and they still scan in normally, so i don't know if that theory holds any water.

in the sad event that this can't be resolved, i'd appreciate if anyone who graciously took the time to downloaded the plugins to test them for themselves would point me to any other reverb VSTs that sound and work similar! i've tried a few for replacements but none of them had the qualities i liked in SAFE reverb.

both computers use windows 10 as their operating system and the newest version of reaper, with identical settings.

any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. thank you.
anteaterhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:02 AM   #2
LugNut

Hi,
When u pasted the old line into the .INI, did you then do a clear cache and rescan?
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
Stella645

No guarantee but sometimes missing runtimes cause this issue.

There are all in one installer or if you don't trust the source you can get them individually from MS.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...ge-all-in-one/
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote