Old 03-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
6opoga
Human being with feelings

Default Issues with Novation Launchkey mini MK3

Hello, guys!
I recently bought Novation Launchkey mini MK3, it's my first MIDI keyboard.
But for some reason Reaper does not want to work with it.
Reaper defined my keyboard, I turned it on in the options, but an error pops up and there are no signs of functioning.
The keyboard is all right, because it works without problems in FL Studio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8uUbMQPNMx4-min.jpg (62.9 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg 2xkqN3NV1eg-min.jpg (61.9 KB, 245 views)
6opoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:09 AM   #2
Tedobada

Hi! I have the same problem.
Launch Key Mini Mk3 works temporarily for five to 10 minutes after a reboot of the computer and reaper, then stops sending midi information. Seems to happen especially when you tab away to internet browsers or other windows. Can anyone help?
Tedobada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
BadFixer

Default Download DrivenByMoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6opoga View Post
Hello, guys!
I recently bought Novation Launchkey mini MK3, it's my first MIDI keyboard.
But for some reason Reaper does not want to work with it.
Reaper defined my keyboard, I turned it on in the options, but an error pops up and there are no signs of functioning.
The keyboard is all right, because it works without problems in FL Studio.
Hi, I also have a Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 midi keyboard and found that someone designed a plugin that makes more hardware controllers compatible with Reaper. Mine worked perfectly with Logic Pro X but not with Reaper. All you gotta do is go to this website

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

and install the correct plugin in your UserPlugins folder (they have install instructions with the download) and everything should work! I just did it and everything seems fine.

Their install instructions say:

"You find the UserPlugins folder at the following locations:

• Windows 10 > C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\U serPlugins Note that the AppData folder is hidden, you need to make it visible by enabling “Show hidden files” in the View tab of explorer.

• Mac OS X (minimum version 10.12 Sierra) > ~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins These folders are hidden as well. Press cmd+shift+. in the finder to make them visible.

• Linux (I am testing on Ubuntu Studio) Look up the location at which you have installed Reaper. Install the *.so file into ~/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins or in the case of a portable install into REAPER/UserPlugins.

Alternatively, you can start Reaper and click in the Options menu on *Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. . . ". In the folder that open navigate into the UserPlugins subfolder."

Thanks!
BadFixer is offline   Reply With Quote