Old 02-24-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
XilburQost
Human being with feelings

Default Where is ReWire? [SOLVED]

I'm trying out Waves Tune LT for the first time. Program is working great, but I keep getting an error stating "ReWire link cannot be established."

I understand that I need to add ReWire to the REAPER session, but ReWire does not show up in my VSTs, even though ReWire is installed on my system and REAPER scans all of my VST folders including C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\. (See attached jpeg)

I have even tried manually copying the rewire.dll to VST folders, but still no joy.

I contacted Waves support, but what I got was a stock response which suggested that they did not read my summary of the problem.

I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

REAPER 6.04 64bit
Windows 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REAPER_No_Rewire.jpg (41.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by XilburQost; 02-24-2020 at 07:57 AM.
XilburQost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
akademie

Hi XilburQost,
do you have normal installation of Reaper or portable one?

Note, that portable "installation" does not include ReWire (for obvious portability reasons - ReWire must be installed into system).
akademie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:44 AM   #3
XilburQost

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
Hi XilburQost,
do you have normal installation of Reaper or portable one?

Note, that portable "installation" does not include ReWire (for obvious portability reasons - ReWire must be installed into system).
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a default (non-portable) installation of REAPER. It's been working great for over two years; first time I've seen an issue like this.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #4
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XilburQost View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a default (non-portable) installation of REAPER. It's been working great for over two years; first time I've seen an issue like this.
OK, maybe try to reinstall Reaper and explicitly check options to be installed (if ReWire is checked or unchecked) while running the installer. It could happen somehow that new update uninstalled ReWire on your system ...
(or could be some kind of mismatch in Reaper 32/64bit version versus OS 32/64bit version?). I am not sure that ReWire is 64bit or something like that, sorry I did not use ReWire for many many, and many many years...)
Old 02-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #5
XilburQost

SUCCESS!! Thank you akademie. I ran the REAPER installer again and discovered that installing ReWire is an install option which was not enabled. I enabled ReWire, completed the REAPER installation and now it's working.

A follow-up to Waves support: I just spoke with them on the phone and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. Great products, great support!

Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #6
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XilburQost View Post
SUCCESS!! Thank you akademie. I ran the REAPER installer again and discovered that installing ReWire is an install option which was not enabled. I enabled ReWire, completed the REAPER installation and now it's working.

A follow-up to Waves support: I just spoke with them on the phone and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. Great products, great support!

Thanks again!
Glad to be helpful and great you are back in business
Old 02-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #7
akademie

Oh XilburQost, and also add [SOLVED] to end of the title of the thread, please.

That will help others when searching for info and also make it obvious that it is .. eehmm... well, yes - solved