Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

I fully agree Quasar.

-Data
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #42
Quasar

Wow! After installing this and going through the 20 included instrument patches, I must say that I'm extremely pleased. The included sounds, while of course limited in quantity, are fantastic in terms of quality.

And on my little home-built DAW (XP, E6600 2.4Ghz, 3.25GB recognized memory) running 2 instances of the player in Reaper doesn't seem to have any compatibility or extreme resource consumption issues whatsoever. The Performance Meter shows 320mb of ram, and the CPU sits at about 0.40% idle, and bounces up to about 3.5% when playing two instruments simultaneously on my two midi keyboards.

This is a great deal for anyone who wants some first rate orchestral sounds, and doesn't already have a high-end library such as EWQLSO Gold or VSL...

Thanks again for posting. I'm glad I didn't miss out in this.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #43
Anaon

Anyone could help me, I don't know why Reaper doesn't see the dll file, I installed the 64 bits version... ?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #44
Form SR

Anaon, I'm having the same problem.

I downloaded the files several days ago to my vista 64bit quad core machine. I'm running Reaper 32 bit. I had trouble getting anything to work until tonight. I turned off UAC, installed everything in the order it was supposed to be installed. I redownloaded the 64bit version tonight. I installed both the 32bit vst and the 64 bit vst and the stand alone version.

The stand alone [finally] works great, it sounds good.

Reaper will not recognize the 32bit or 64 bit vst. They are both in my vst folder that everthing else is in. I've rescanned the directory and still they are not an option on my vst or vsti list in Reaper. Can anyone help?

I tryed the update, but it kept giving me an error in the standalone, so I rolled back to the orginal that worked. Still no luck with the vst's.

Anyone that might be able to post a step by step of thier installation, or that may know what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Form SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM   #45
dvbssman

Damn! This thing sounds great. East-West is clever letting us have this for free. I am very tempted to take them up on their discount offer to buy the Gold or even the Platinum library.

Here is the problem with the download for those of you with 64 bit OS. Their installer installs the play_vst_64.dll under C:\program files\common files\East West\vstPlugins. For Reaper 64 to find it you just need to go to Reaper "Preferences" "Plug-ins" "VST" and then "Add" that as another directory it searches for plugins. The East-West installer put the 32 bit dll in the normal place (C:\Program files (x86)\vstPlugins so that was no problem for Reaper 32 bit to find. For me the East-West 32 bit play_vst.dll worked great in Reaper 32 and same was true for the play_vst_64.dll in Reaper 64. By the way, for those of you with 64 bit OS you just need to download the 64 bit version and that installs both the 32 and 64 bit dlls. Don't download the 32 bit version. The "Parts 2 & 3" files are common to both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions.
dvbssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #46
dvbssman

I think the East West install routine is a bit touchy. There are 3 files you must install and they must be unzipped before you start. Sometimes on other zipped programs this is not required because you can double click on the zipped folder and see the setup.exe file and go from there. The East West installer goes back and looks for other files and if they are not unzipped you get an error message. To save frustration later I have gotten in the habit of doing an uninstall if I get any kind of error messages and then reinstalling even if it looks like all the files installed correctly. After installing "Part 1" you should do what the message says and restart your computer before installing "Parts 2 & 3". I did this and everything worked the first time (32 and 64 bit plugins plus the standalone).

Last edited by dvbssman; 01-11-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: typos
dvbssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #47
Form SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvbssman View Post
Here is the problem with the download for those of you with 64 bit OS. Their installer installs the play_vst_64.dll under C:\program files\common files\East West\vstPlugins. For Reaper 64 to find it you just need to go to Reaper "Preferences" "Plug-ins" "VST" and then "Add" that as another directory it searches for plugins. The East-West installer put the 32 bit dll in the normal place (C:\Program files (x86)\vstPlugins so that was no problem for Reaper 32 bit to find.
That's what I'm saying. I told the installer to put both the 32 and 64 bit in the same folder as all my other vst's. I see them when i open the folder. But reaper doesn't see them when I rescan directory.

Edit: the 32bit vst crashes ableton 7 and the 64bit won't be recognized

Last edited by Form SR; 01-11-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #48
dvbssman

Form SR the only thing I can think of is maybe the dll files were corrupted on the install. Maybe you should do an uninstall and a clean install. I am not near my computer with these files installed but later I can give you some more details on those files.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #49
Anaon

I succeeded to install it! Both versions, 32 and 64 are required and need to be installed.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #50
Form SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaon View Post
I succeeded to install it! Both versions, 32 and 64 are required and need to be installed.

Both the 32 and 64 vsts need to be installed?

Or both the 32 and 64 bit part 1 installer?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #51
Anaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form SR View Post
Both the 32 and 64 vsts need to be installed?

Or both the 32 and 64 bit part 1 installer?
Hum... I found this on the official support forum but I can't find the url anymore... You need to install the 64 bits installer (32 installer doesn't work with Windows Seven 64 bits) and chose "custom install" to add the 32 and 64 bits version of Eastwest and chose the right paths to your vstis plugins.

Sorry for the bad english, I quickly wrote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #52
Form SR

I'm going to redownload and give it one more try, just incase it was corrupted the first time somehow.

If it works, great. If not, I'm done trying. I've got other vsti's that sound decent enough to use. I would love this to work, but I'm tired of trying. This will be the 4th install.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #53
Guod3

I'm getting Error 1721 during installation of Part1.
Ive unpacked the installer folders to a common directory.
Each folder contains a *.msi plus a folder called "EWQL Orchestra Free"
I disabled UAC.
What to do?
Guod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #54
Form SR

for some reason the last thing I thought to try is the thing that worked. Meaning I finally got the plugin to work.

It still doesn't work with the 32bit and the 32 bit still wants to crash reaper and ableton live for some reason.....but the 64bit plug in with 64 bit reaper works flawlessly and I've got the reverbs working as well.

I imported my license to 64 bit reaper and now I'll just bounce tracks back and forth between 32 and 64 to get what I need. A workable solution to get some really good string sounds.

I gotta say though, what a great sounding impressive vsti this is from EastWest, but what pain in the ass to get it working. I'd like to entertain the idea of one day picking up a few of thier complete libraries, but with all the hoops i've had to jump through, I'm not sure I really want to pay hundreds of dollars for something as picky that may or may not work.

I hope that doesn't discourage people though, because when this thing is working it really sounds good.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #55
Guod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaon View Post
I just downloaded it but I can't manage to install it, I have this 1721 error...

I use Windows 7, 64 bits... Any ideas about the problem?
and next...
Quote:
I managed to install it (64 bits) but Reaper doesn't find the dll in my folder, I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. It works fine as a stand alone by the way.
Hi Anaon, do you remember what fixed the 1721 error?
Guod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #56
Anaon

Hi!

If I remember well, you need to turn off the UAC Windows thing...
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #57
toyhouse

Finally got around to installing on macbook
Works ok in stand-alone player though I did manage to crash it once.
Haven't tried it in reap yet.

Jim P.

toyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #58
FeatheredSerpent

Hi, I've got the Free edition running perfectly in Reaper x64 V3.2 here on Windows 7 64bit.
Had a bit of trouble but here's what i did for the installation that works.

1. If you have any Pace Interlok drivers installed for any other plug-ins, such as the Bluetubes Analog Trackbox from Nomad Factory, uninstall them. (Even if you downloaded the latest 64bit drivers from the Pace website, these don't seem to be compatible with Play, and were causing the 'there is a program missing that this installer needs to run' or similar message.)

2. Uninstall Play completely if you have any part of the program installed.

3. Go to the soundsonline website and download the latest W7 installer update.

4. Run the Interlok Tpkd update, and then the main Pacex64 installer, then run the Play update itself.
5. Run the 64bit installer you originally downloaded after taking the survey. Don't let it install the older Pace divers (click 'No' when it asks if you're sure you want to install over the newer version).
Also, create Vst folders for the .dll on the root directory of the C: drive, not in your Reaper Vst folder.
You should then get a clean install.

6. Run the update installer AGAIN. (Not the pace drivers, just the Play update). Make sure the Pace drivers you installed stay installed.

Then install Part 2, and then install Part 3.

(I ran the update installer once more after this as it says this will update the instrument library as well but not completely sure this is necessary - didn't hurt though).

That's it.
Double check that all the actual samples in the folders of Parts 2 and 3 have been migrated to the Play libray folder, if not (Part 3 didn't get transferred for me), then just drag and drop manually.
Open the stand-alone, direct it to the library folder, and you have your instruments.
Open Reaper and add the Vst folder on the C: drive as a Vst folder locaton, rescan.
Now you're good to go.

Hope that very convoluted explanation helps someone!

Matt
FeatheredSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #59
toyhouse

Help! lol.

I've got it running on mac in reap.
I can see the red spike when I hit keys.
No sound out.
I know I'm doing something stupid in channel setup.

I've had the same keybd working on this machine before.

Anyone on mac steer me in right direction?
I'd like to get it working here before I switch to windows machine.

BTW, thanks for posting these samples. I've been playing for two days and sadly haven't picked up the guitar once.
I've always wanted some eastwest samples but couldn't justify the money.

Now all I need are some...choir samples...wouldn't mind maybe harp, tympani, etc,.
All free of course, lol.

Jim P.

Last edited by toyhouse; 01-16-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #60
toyhouse

Default bump....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhouse View Post
Help! lol.

I've got it running on mac in reap.
I can see the red spike when I hit keys.
No sound out.
I know I'm doing something stupid in channel setup.

I've had the same keybd working on this machine before.

Anyone on mac steer me in right direction?
I'd like to get it working here before I switch to windows machine.

Jim P.

I still can't get any sound out.
I armed the track. I can see the red spike when hitting key.
I just don't hear anything.
Which way to map eastwest vsti? Maybe that's my problem.
This hasn't happened before.

Jim P.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #61
toyhouse

Never-mind. I found my stupidity.
I was selecting eastwest "play" instead of the vsti.
The "play" loaded onto a track. I just couldn't hear anything coming out????
Now to deal with latency issues.

Jim P.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #62
l0calh05t

Just installed it (luckily without any problems, yay ), and I've got to say those instruments sound great! A little more "Hollywood" sounding than the VSL instruments included with Kontakt (can be good or bad... depending on what you're looking for). Both libraries sound so much better than my Peter Siedlaczek's CCC... but I shouldn't complain... I have far more articulations and I got it for less than free (OEM version+Kontakt crossgrade was cheaper than buying Kontakt itself)

Wish VSL+EWQLSO (and the other EWQL libraries...) were a little more affordable....
l0calh05t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #63
FeatheredSerpent

You should check out the Yellow Tools sampler, pretty good.
You can buy segments of libraries a bit at a time, and the actual sampler is free.
They have an orchestral library for 90 euros, not as big as EW but still very nice, 4GB.
It's their 10year anniversary so they are giving away a sample pack with some drums, bass and guitar with any library purchase, I just got the strings pack, not the whole orchestra, sounds really nice, plus the set of instruments they give you with the free sampler are nice too.
I put a link in the 'good free vst' thread, worth a look!
FeatheredSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #64
EvilDragon

EWQL is pretty affordable for what it sounds like. But it's still hogging the RAM too much.

VSL is probably the best thing out there, and there's a reason why the price tag is like that.

Special Edition Bundle is fairly affordable for what it offers, though.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #65
jgnunez1

Default Does this version contain Choirs?

I am really looking to play with Symphonic Choirs.

But I am not sure this version will have the Choir and wordbuilder included. Doe anyone knows about this?

Thank you
jgnunez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #66
EvilDragon

Free version doesn't have choirs at all.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:44 AM   #67
willyvario

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitar View Post
here is the video showing my problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dGaehaksAw

Dimi
Hey dimitar,

did you solve your problem? How? Seems as if i have the same problem (Video is no longer available). Standalone version works great, i am also able to load the "play" VSTi in Reaper. Unfortunately, i can not hear any sound when i play. In the East West preferences i also get the message saying: enigne level has exeeded....Change to 0 does not help.
Rounting etc. should be correct.
Can somebody help?
I am using Windows XP / Reaper 32 / 2GB-Ram
willyvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #68
Hr.Austmann

few months ago i got east west complete composer's collection bundle.
it contains seven instruments,and i was so exited but that changed cos it works horrible on pro tools,and i rewired reaper to pro tools session and ran bunch of extremely heavy instruments along with play in reaper on my 32 bit windows xp pro-core2duo 2,4ghz-4gb 667 sodimm ram,and guess what??????????

EVERYTHING FREAKING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaper is steroids for pro tools!!!!!!
Hr.Austmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #69
dimitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvario View Post
Hey dimitar,

did you solve your problem? How? Seems as if i have the same problem (Video is no longer available). Standalone version works great, i am also able to load the "play" VSTi in Reaper. Unfortunately, i can not hear any sound when i play. In the East West preferences i also get the message saying: enigne level has exeeded....Change to 0 does not help.
Rounting etc. should be correct.
Can somebody help?
I am using Windows XP / Reaper 32 / 2GB-Ram
No, just deleted it from my PC.
dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #70
willyvario

Ok. Thanks for your information. Mmh, guess i have to buy my new machine earlier...
willyvario is offline   Reply With Quote