Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
captain
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3) 64-bit

I have just brought a AudioRealism Bass Line 3. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 64-bit and for some reason Reaper will not see the 64-bit version of ABL-3. Reaper can see the 32-bit version OK. I have tried it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins, C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins, C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins to cover all bases, but will still not show up. I have tried clear cache/rescan when dll in all those destinations and still nothing shows up. Mike at AR is away at the moment, but said to try the earlier version ABL-2 64-bit and see if that works which it did. I do not have this problem with any other VST.

Any ideas?

Thanks
captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:47 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
for some reason Reaper will not see the 64-bit version of ABL-3. Reaper can see the 32-bit version OK
How does your current VST plugin path look like under Preferences > Plug-Ins > VST?
And how are the 32- and 64-bit ABL-3 plugin files itself named, exactly?

In general, if you have both folders (with the 32-bit and 64-bit plugin) added to the VST path at the same time and the plugins are also named exactly the same, Reaper will usually only see one version.
In this case try to swap the order of the 32- and 64-bit folders in the VST path.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
captain

Have tried different priority paths for the vst with 64-bit paths first with out the 32-bit installed, but still not show up. I just brought a copy of D16 Phoscyon and again the 64-bit will not show up, but when I install the 32-bit it will. Do not have this problem with any other vst. The ABL is showing like this "ABL3(x64).dll". I have also tried installing it in the Native Instrument VST64 folder, but still not seen.

Any idea?

Last edited by captain; 02-26-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
captain

Sorted went onto the D16 Q&A page and found the solution. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2015 which only does security updates and is a bit more stripped down. Had to download a file to install some files into the operating system and now all good. Info here http://helpdesk.d16.pl/knowledge_base/article/97