Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 02:48 AM   #4081
rothchild
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Here's my MCU.zon file

Pressing the
Send button on the MCU
should display sends for the selected track on the track faders (send 1 fader 1, send 8 fader 8)

Track should display the names of plugins for selected track,
By defining the params in an FX zone you can have them splay across the MCU when you press on the corresponding pan button.
Woohoo, working send automation recording!

Next up Klinke style folder diving, how to I write that in (does it go in the zone?)
rothchild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 AM   #4082
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Just thinking with the GoZone and function keys, you could get a lot out of very little realestate.
Imagine 3 knobs with push function you could have them initially set as freq, gain and q for low band, then have function keys changing type (bell, cut, notch etc) and dB grad etc. Then have the GoZone to "scroll" thru the different bandwidths.
ALL IN 3 KNOBS AND 2 BUTTONS plus function keys.
Potentially controlling up to 60 rotary and 60 push functions.

Not to mention the possibility of having more than 4 GoZone's and combofunctions (Control+Shift, etc)
Yup

Thanks, that was the number one goal, to come up with an extremely flexible architecture that could be stated in simple, human-readable, text files - as opposed to xml, etc.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 AM   #4083
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Woohoo, working send automation recording!

Next up Klinke style folder diving, how to I write that in (does it go in the zone?)
Cool.

Folders are not implemented yet.

We want to do Groups, Folders, and VCA's together -- we already have busses - aka Sends.

It all has to work together, intuitively and seamlessly, so we are taking time to discuss before implementing, please share any thoughts on your "Cadillac solution" for Groups, Folders, and VCA's.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #4084
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup

Thanks, that was the number one goal, to come up with an extremely flexible architecture that could be stated in simple, human-readable, text files - as opposed to xml, etc.

Unfortunately the Configurator is a little "clunky" for these atm,


FUTURE:
Thinking ahead to expand the universe (from just the C4) what if you could decide your number or rows and columns, and have pages revealed/activated by a check box.
So you have Main, With a check box to activate Function key subzones for that main.
Another check box for Zone-pt2 again as above for subs.
and so on.

It does begin to become a fully blown program just in itself, but very very powerful.


The reason I'm think Functions should come before "Zone-pt2" is simply because the definitions will exist within that "Zone".
Freex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:29 AM   #4085
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Just thinking with the GoZone and function keys, you could get a lot out of very little realestate.
Imagine 3 knobs with push function you could have them initially set as freq, gain and q for low band, then have function keys changing type (bell, cut, notch etc) and dB grad etc. Then have the GoZone to "scroll" thru the different bandwidths.
ALL IN 3 KNOBS AND 2 BUTTONS plus function keys.
Potentially controlling up to 60 rotary and 60 push functions.

Not to mention the possibility of having more than 4 GoZone's and combofunctions (Control+Shift, etc)
Hope you’ve got a good memory
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 AM   #4086
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hope you’ve got a good memory
Yeah, you could be there for a while lol, but if you only have a handful of knobs you could do a lot, needs must and all that.

That's what surprised me about the function keys, was that the display changed when i pressed each one, to reflect the new FxParamName.

So at least you wouldn't be completely in the dark IF you have a display.

For something like the Nano it could be a mind field no matter what.
Freex is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.