Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Hartley Mays
Human being with feelings

Default 32 vs 64 bit plugins?

Hello!

I'm trying to do some initial development work with Reaper plugins, specifically for notation/score editors. One question I have is whether and what you have to do for the plugin to run with 32 bit vs 64 bit Reaper in Windows 7.

I haven't run across any documentation or threads about this, and there seems to be contradictory evidence. This thread on the Q/A forum seems to indicate that the plugin folder can be shared between 32 bit and 64 bit:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=85395

But on the other hand, there are 32 and 64 bit versions of the SWS Extensions. Also, I never got the Rescore plugin to run with 64 bit Reaper, but I don't know if was the Reaper side or the Musescore side of it that caused that problem.

If a different build/compile is required for 64 bit, is there any way to do it short of purchasing the full MS Visual Studio? I've seen that the Express edition does not support 64 bit compiles?

Later,
Hartley
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Xenakios

Bit bridging only works for audio plugins, not extension plugins. So you have to build for x86 and x64 separately.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
chrs

You can also build 64-bit targets with VS 2008 EE (don't know about 2010), have a look at this

Chris
chrs is offline   Reply With Quote