Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
jalfk
Human being with feelings

Default BUG: fatal crash when loading Ozone since OS X 10.14

Loading an instance of Izotope Ozone v4 crashes reaper immediately - IE doesn't hang just immediately quits.

Loading an FX window with an existing project containing an instance of Ozone crashes reaper immediately (doesn't crash on project load).

Since OS X update. Running Mac 10.14 on a 2015 high spec Macbook pro

Please fix this. Ozone works in other applications. The OS X update seems to have broken something specific to REAPER.

Thanks

Last edited by jalfk; 10-23-2018 at 12:40 PM.
jalfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
blindwiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfk View Post
Loading an instance of Izotope Ozone v4 crashes reaper immediately - IE doesn't hang just immediately quits.

Loading an FX window with an existing project containing an instance of Ozone crashes reaper immediately (doesn't crash on project load).

Since OS X update. Running Mac 10.14 on a 2015 high spec Macbook pro

Please fix this. Ozone works in other applications. The OS X update seems to have broken something specific to REAPER.

Thanks
Not sure if this is unique to OSX because this happened to me as well., but on win7 pro64bt running reaper 64bit.

I had Ozone 8 advance (vst3) on a master track of a reaper project that had stem audio tracks that were rendered out from another reaper project.

The crash would happen after loading the fx window, but this occurred after saving the project and coming back to it. I had no window updates.
I will test again to see if I can replicate.
blindwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:06 AM   #3
jalfk

it appears to be a GUI rendering bug or similar. I am able to play and even render projects with existing sessions with ozone plugins inside of them but as soon as I open the FX window or click on the plugin instance in the mixer, reaper will instantly quit, as though it cannot handle something about the GUI. Interesting to hear it is also affecting newer versions of ozone, not just v4.

I am also using reaper 64. Both AU and VST versions are affected.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
jalfk

im seeing other bug reports of other versions of ozone crashing. would be great if we can get this bug resolved.