Old 01-05-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
TerryFerg
Human being with feelings

Default M1 Constant Freezing

I’m not sure what is going on, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Running v6.43 ARM on Mac Mini M1 I get constant freezing/pinwheel and I need to restart. CPU And memory use is low.

Just today:
1.) At startup it pinwheels on the SoundID plugin (in the monitor section) - then I have to restart reaper and it will work. Sometimes I’ve had to restart twice.
2.) during use it has frozen on the pinwheel - usually after adding or enabling a plug-in.
3.) also getting decent amount of clicks/pops on playback with cpu 12% and memory use at 500mb

Is this just an issue with the ARM version - and would installing the 64 Intel version be better?
TerryFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
hulkss

Open with Rosetta if you have older plugins on your computer.
hulkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:08 PM   #3
Stroudy

I've had to update most of my plugins for my M1 machine. But still, there are issues...

... either a plugin gets updated to work with Rosetta 2 (so you can run Reaper in ARM), the plugin will work natively with the M1 (this is good obviously) or in some cases, the plugin doesn't work with Rosetta 2 because it hasn't been updated, meaning you would probably get it working if you ran Reaper in Rosetta 2.

If you don't know already, find the Reaper app, CMD+I, and check the box 'Open using Rosetta'. You can have a copy or Reaper (literally 2 apps side-by-side*) and have one in ARM and the other in Intel/Rosetta.

If you use SWS extensions, you can have both the intel and silicon versions installed simultaneously too.
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote